Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upson

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
For a split second yesterday, the big screens showed El Abd as having a yellow card by his name.

I asked the people around me what he'd been booked for as I couldn't remember it, just as the yellow card disappeared again.

My brother pointed it out as well. They have him a yellow card after be tangled with Vaughan in the second half, where Vaughan himself got one. The ref did talk to El-Abd but never showed a card.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Quite unbelievable the quality of players we have at the moment and Upson is another one recently added. Shows that we really can attract top class players to the Amex.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you are doing well, you keep the shirt. Ups on has been getting better and better with each game. He'll be there till Adam gets injured or a suspension I think. Better than Greer in the air in so much that he actually attacks the ball and doesn't just try to put the attacker off balance.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
No disrespect to those that are surprised, I am not. Defence is my favourite posistion to watch top pros play, the art of defending, they make it look easy, when, in fact it is very difficult. Upson and Bridge have the experience and skill. Back in the day I could watch Tony Adams and Ledley King all day long. Up against the best forwards, they had the know how to be in the right place at the right time, for 90 mins. Bridge and Upson bring this to the Amex and its a joy to watch.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Thought he'd be as good as our other two but he is so far edging ahead. Certainly fill Greer's organisation role too. Would love both to sign next season yes. We can look at youth in more advanced positions but get some more experience in at the back

Do you think Upson will have a Dunk like lunge at Bolasie in the first ten minutes against Palace? I do hope not - invaluable at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you think Upson will have a Dunk like lunge at Bolasie in the first ten minutes against Palace? I do hope not - invaluable at the moment.

Not a chance he will play him as he would any other similar type player. It must be remembered that he has played against better players than CPFC have at their disposal.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Probably the first time he has been in a side that plays our style. With that in mind he's adapted very well and is improving all the time. No mean feat when you're in your 30's. Hopefully Gus can convince him & Bridge to stay for the love of the game rather than mega bucks deals.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Probably the first time he has been in a side that plays our style. With that in mind he's adapted very well and is improving all the time. No mean feat when you're in your 30's. Hopefully Gus can convince him & Bridge to stay for the love of the game rather than mega bucks deals.
He was at Arsenal for 6 years so a passing game is his bread and butter. He's probably rather enjoying himself

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When he wins a defensive header the ball gets cleared some distance.

dicks-bar-bouncer

Feb 2, 2013
if we can sign him bridge and van djk then we will almost be set at the back next season.maybe getting rid of our 2 back up keepers for one better one and we are set.unless we go up of course then we will need better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Upson has years of experience at the highest level , he won't be conned by Bolassie or Winifred trying to get away with a triple pike reverse somersault.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
I concur, He's been solid. I also think he's base AEA a lot more relaxed, which has improved his game even more.
There was a few moments of flair from him, with Dave in their box, then in our own half he dropped a shoulder a couple of times and sent the defender the wrong way to run out pass. Even more to his game now, deeply impressive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here