Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Updated: Preston Park Tavern Sold and Closed?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Glad to see its gone as it was pretentious and unwelcoming. It's just around the corner from me, if its turns out as well as the Good Companions it will be a great assets to the area. All the Indigio pubs do food but thankfully not as the main attraction. Looking forward to it.

Seconded - it had a superior air and (over) priced accordingly in the perfect catchment...should have been called 'saw you coming.'

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Just been past - seems to be open again - looks ok, although the signs with special offers on "shots" and Jägerbombs suggest that it may well be targeting a different demographic...

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Just been past - seems to be open again - looks ok, although the signs with special offers on "shots" and Jägerbombs suggest that it may well be targeting a different demographic...

" All aboard "

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Went yesterday good range of bottled craft beers, Hophead on draught and had a decent burger. Packed at 6pm.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Went yesterday good range of bottled craft beers, Hophead on draught and had a decent burger. Packed at 6pm.

Range of beers: excellent choice, much better than before: 10/10

Food ok: decent pub fare, not nearly as interesting 'cuisine' as before, but on the plus side, reasonably-priced: 6/10

Decor/atmosphere: not good; job lot of mix and match retro pub fittings, trad plush banquettes and stools, walls plastered with beermats and newspaper cuttings, lighting really gloomy: 2/10

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I've just parted with my first £5.60 in here for a pint of Punk IPA. Not too sure what to make of it really. Seems OK decor wise but the beer range is right up my street.
The girls behind the bar need some product knowledge though.
The girl who served me thought the Punk and Pony were same thing somehow and I enquired about the tap with Burning Sky written on it.
I asked which beer it was and was told 'it's obviously Burning Sky'. 'Which one though ?' I asked. 'Well it's not gone on yet but we call it Burning Sky'.

Yeah. Great. Thanks love. I guess it'd be Plateau, but we'll have to wait and see.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This is the same people that are doing The Cow & The Wick, is that right? If it's similar to those 2 I reckon it will be massively successful up there.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've just parted with my first £5.60 in here for a pint of Punk IPA. Not too sure what to make of it really. Seems OK decor wise but the beer range is right up my street.
The girls behind the bar need some product knowledge though.
The girl who served me thought the Punk and Pony were same thing somehow and I enquired about the tap with Burning Sky written on it.
I asked which beer it was and was told 'it's obviously Burning Sky'. 'Which one though ?' I asked. 'Well it's not gone on yet but we call it Burning Sky'.

Yeah. Great. Thanks love. I guess it'd be Plateau, but we'll have to wait and see.

I hope for your sake it isn't the devil's rest!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Don't mention Devils Rest. I had one of those after a Prince Of Denmark at the beer festival last week. Quite a combo. Blimey.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pleased to see craft is becoming more popular in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here