Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We’ve the lowest net spend, yet made Europe.
https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city

Manure, Arsenal and Spuds have a combined net spend of £1.3b, yielding a solitary FAC and LC. Each spending approaching 3x as much as Liverpool. Yet Kroenke and Lewis/Levy are slagged off.

Arsenal are at it again, despite years of no CL income, likely to spend another £250m this summer, found down the back of the sofa.

Viva la Moneyball.

Bloom knows what he's doing, who knew!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We’ve the lowest net spend, yet made Europe.
https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city

Manure, Arsenal and Spuds have a combined net spend of £1.3b, yielding a solitary FAC and LC. Each spending approaching 3x as much as Liverpool. Yet Kroenke and Lewis/Levy are slagged off.

Arsenal are at it again, despite years of no CL income, likely to spend another £250m this summer, found down the back of the sofa.
Very interesting table 👍🏿

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Impressive recruitment with only Webster, Estupinan and João Pedro costing more than £10m each

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Incredibly astute financial management - assuming any summer large transfer outs will be factored into next season, so whatever we got for McAllister and potentially Caicedo will guarantee another net profit this time next year ? (Depending on transfers in?) - also TV revenues from Europa will be (initially) non recurring extra inflows? Any bean counters on here to confirm these assumptions ?

Hopefully some of that interest the club owes to Star Lizard no longer needs to be forgiven, this is the definition of sustainable financial management in my view

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Someone forgot to add a "-" to the Forest figure.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Incredibly astute financial management - assuming any summer large transfer outs will be factored into next season, so whatever we got for McAllister and potentially Caicedo will guarantee another net profit this time next year ? (Depending on transfers in?) - also TV revenues from Europa will be (initially) non recurring extra inflows? Any bean counters on here to confirm these assumptions ?

Hopefully some of that interest the club owes to Star Lizard no longer needs to be forgiven, this is the definition of sustainable financial management in my view
Mac Allister's fee will presumably fall into the 2022-23 accounts. Caicedo, assuming he leaves, will obviously be after June 30 now so would fall into the following year's accounts.
(For some reason, although both Albion and Spurs announced Bissouma's transfer on June 17 last year, it wasn't accounted for by either club in 2021-22. I'm curious as to why that was - can only assume it benefitted both parties to delay recognition of the fee).

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Interesting - I’d have thought Brentford would be lower given the number of players they have sold and Everton higher as they seem to have made some high spends.
also City are lower than Villa, although I’m sure that will change by the end of the transfer window

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I assume only current players were included otherwise Maupay and Locadia need adding.
Locadia wouldn’t be included for the net spend referenced in the opening post as he was signed in the 17-18 season and this covers from the 19-20 season onwards.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Not just your transfer spend, but going off reported wage bills, you've the 2nd lowest wage outlay per season in the Premier League. You and Brentford are bottom two for wage bill. Said it before, but both of your clubs should be the blueprint for every side outside of the established elite.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting - I’d have thought Brentford would be lower given the number of players they have sold and Everton higher as they seem to have made some high spends.
also City are lower than Villa, although I’m sure that will change by the end of the transfer window
Which players have Brentford sold since they've been in the PL? Can't really think of any. They might lose Raya this window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports