Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Andrews is only on loan, remember. We'll also nee cover if we have injuries/rest people.

It sounds like Stephens can play either the Bridcutt or the Crofts role. Someone mentioned earlier that he used to be further advanced but stays back to allow Jackson to get forward - so it seems he may be comfortable doing both.

Flexible.

I may be wrong as I've only seen highlights and a few games on tv but that seems to be the way Oscar is going with his midfield. I dont think he wants a dedicated player who sits in font of the back four like Bridcutt did under Poyet. Instead he wants them to be more fluid and rotate positions, taking turns being the furthest forward or back. In which case, Stephens would be ideal.

Of course I'm basing this on minimal evidence so i could be entirely wrong:facepalm:

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
I may be wrong as I've only seen highlights and a few games on tv but that seems to be the way Oscar is going with his midfield. I dont think he wants a dedicated player who sits in font of the back four like Bridcutt did under Poyet. Instead he wants them to be more fluid and rotate positions, taking turns being the furthest forward or back. In which case, Stephens would be ideal.

Of course I'm basing this on minimal evidence so i could be entirely wrong:facepalm:

This is what I also see and what I believe has found Bridcutt out to some extent. He's uncomfortable too far forward. This lad would appear more flexible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

At home at least you're spot on. Crofts has scored goals this season because he pushes on more under Oscar. Even Ince isn't a true holding midfielder and played well with Bridcutt against Leicester. The Oscar style of football isn't Tony Pullis but it's not Poyet either.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Sky now saying fee and personal terms agreed, so just the medical to go...

can he run straight,kick a ball, and celebrate with out falling over

well OK get on with the signing then
Emmerdale is on soon FFS

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
16:29
Charlton boss Chris Powell has conceded he is likely to lose key men Dale Stephens and Yann Kermorgant ahead of Friday's transfer deadline. Brighton are poised to sign midfielder Stephens and Bournemouth have made a bid for Kermogant.

It looks likely that Dale will complete his move to Brighton. The fee has been agreed and I am led to believe that personal terms are done. It may be subject to a medical but it looks likely to happen

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here