Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UPDATED: Dale Stephens SIGNS 3.5 Year Deal

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Trouble is.....if the deal goes down to the wire then fails at the last minute, that's leaves no time for plan b........ or even plan d, as this guy already seems to be down the list of targets we originally focussed on.

The loan window opens 1 week after the closure of the transfer window, if this were to fall over last minute we may have different targets as loan options.

Anyway lets not panic yet.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
An opinion on Dale Stephens from a work colleague who's a Charlton STH:

Yeah apparently he had a medical with you guys yesterday but then still started for us last night at Donny - strange! Not sure who Brighton have in the middle right now but he's very steady, two good feet, with an eye for a great pass. He has been on a different wavelength to the rest of our team for the past few years!

He's got an awesome shot on him but doesnt get enough goals if you ask me. He's only ever registered 3 or 4 a season for us. Got all the ability to be a box-to-box player but at the moment he is the one who stays back to allow Johnnie Jackson more freedom.

He failed to move to Villa in both windows last season (mainly because our CEO kept asking for more money and ruined both bids) but to be fair to him he got his head down and carried on putting in 7's & 8's out of 10 dispite wanting to leave.

He's still only 24 so I'm sure Garcia could improve him a lot more. He would have improved the Villa midfield no doubt, so I reckon he will do well for you guys.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Charlton are on a terrible run of form and are facing a real threat of relegation. Is it therefore a surprise that Chris Powell denies knowledge of a transfer bid for one of his key players?

The fact that he says it hasn't happened doesn't mean that it hasn't (or won't).

Ridiculous what sort of assumptions some people make based upon what appears in the media.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Charlton are on a terrible run of form and are facing a real threat of relegation. Is it therefore a surprise that Chris Powell denies knowledge of a transfer bid for one of his key players?

The fact that he says it hasn't happened doesn't mean that it hasn't (or won't).

Ridiculous what sort of assumptions some people make based upon what appears in the media.

That's true - but based upon past disappointments; IF he had a medical yesterday, the fact that he played last night might add weight to the idea that we've done another Grabban here, and he's decided to stay there.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I wouldn't be too surprised if Powell is completely in the sark over Charlton's transfer deals, I can't imagine the 4 players from Liege and 1 from Ujpest were his choices?

I REALLY want Super Dale to sign for us now.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's true - but based upon past disappointments; IF he had a medical yesterday, the fact that he played last night might add weight to the idea that we've done another Grabban here, and he's decided to stay there.

I'd like to think that maybe Stephens is such a professional that he will continue to give his all for the club paying his wages. Unlikely though I'm sure.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Not sure it would be the same as Grabban. Bournemouth are fairly well off & handing out fat wages to players. They're also comfortably mid table. Charlton, on the other hand, are facing a relegation fight & probably not big payers in the grand scheme of things. I'd be *slightly* more confident that given the choice, Stephens would come here. Unless Forest nip in of course.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not sure it would be the same as Grabban. Bournemouth are fairly well off & handing out fat wages to players. They're also comfortably mid table. Charlton, on the other hand, are facing a relegation fight & probably not big payers in the grand scheme of things. I'd be *slightly* more confident that given the choice, Stephens would come here. Unless Forest nip in of course.

Since he isnt a striker, Forest wont be signing him.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Very strange that he played last night if things were as advanced as some are saying. Lets hope we get good news later today

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Very strange that he played last night if things were as advanced as some are saying. Lets hope we get good news later today

Charlton needed him, and since the deal wasnt done and he was still their player - they decided to risk playing him.

Last night was a 6-pointer for them.......and they lost.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

He did get substituted when he got the yellow card so the only conclusion I can come to is the club couldn't risk him getting sent off because he might be signing for us.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He did get substituted when he got the yellow card so the only conclusion I can come to is the club couldn't risk him getting sent off because he might be signing for us.

Or maybe they didn't fancy going down to ten men :)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Aren't Charlton now Standard Liege B ? ???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thought this guy was homesick and desperate to move back up North?

Didn't Powell say as much? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here