Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
The end of an Era, will NEVER forget Aug 6th and those goals against Doncaster...what a hero!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Good luck to him. A great old fashioned winger and when he was on form he was untouchable
I will never forget that first game at The Amex in front of me in the second half in the North Stand. Equal to Stuart Storer in our last game at the Goldstone

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd like to think that this exodus is going to encourage new signings to come here - at least we can hold our hands up and say "look, we won't stand in your way if you want to advance your career".

Or maybe I'm clutching at straws and Barber/Burke etc are all Palace fans?

I think the plan is encouraging players to come on the basis of a guaranteed first team place due to lack of players

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Good luck to Mr Buckley and I'm sorry to see him go but he's basically going to be a bench player for Sunderland isn't he? Cover for Adam Johnson etc.

Hope he proves me wrong though.

I don't think he will get the chance to prove you wrong, Gus knows there is a limit to how you use Buckley, as a player to coke off the bench for 30 mins every game and the occasional start in cup games he is a tremendous asset.

Sunderland can afford to have a player like that, we cannot. We need players who can perform for 90 mins week in week out.

Good luck to Buckley, he's got an excellent move. Well done Brighton we got a good deal.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
Well. It's done. On it's own it's a good deal, but given our current player shortage of any quality, it's a bloody nightmare.

Can't help thinking this is the start of a huge downturn. I really hope I am wrong

I agree! Looking at the club statement on the website confirming the transfer of Buckley, could Bloom of taken that opportunity to reassure fans further about incoming transfers (doesn't have to be names). Just something at least to raise our spirits. The silence is so deafening at the moment....

Am I being unreasonable, over sensitive, a bed wetter or ALL THREE??

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its not often you'll see both Cliff Richards and William Buckley trending on Twitter at the same time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I agree! Looking at the club statement on the website confirming the transfer of Buckley, could Bloom of taken that opportunity to reassure fans further about incoming transfers (doesn't have to be names). Just something at least to raise our spirits. The silence is so deafening at the moment....

Am I being unreasonable, over sensitive, a bed wetter or ALL THREE??

Tony said at the fans forum he will not speculate and as soon as the signings are made we'll be told with an official announcement.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good luck to him. Very disappointed we won't see if the training ground made a difference to his injuries. Sunderland have got a good player and with Gus I can see Buckley having a very good season.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
We'll now see if W. Buckley is really Premiership class and not one of those players who now and then rises to the occasion. Every game will require that he plays at full pace will the hamstrings holdup I wonder.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Favourite player for me. Loved his work rate and effort. Good luck WB.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We've been mugged. £1.25m profit. No club would sell their best player in the championship for £1.25m unless you're Brighton & Hove Albion.

Why have you halved it?!

He wouldn't get near my first 11 so not sure how he's our best player? Been average at best for last two years.

£2.5m is crazy considering he's not even top 6 champ standard.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Why have you halved it?!

He wouldn't get near my first 11 so not sure how he's our best player? Been average at best for last two years.

Maybe our managers hate playing wingers. We'll never have a player like Buckley again. He used to get me out my seat when he had the ball and got the crowd going. Bloody joke price he's been sold at.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's not £1.25m, it's £2.5m and he hasn't been anywhere near our best player for some time.

Why have you halved it?!

Because he said "profit". So take away the £1m we paid for him, giving us 1.5m. Then take away the 15% sell on fee due to watford.

Though, that actually leaves 1.275m profit, not 1.25m. But then there are the wages we paid him over the course of his time with us, so did we actually make any profit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here