Unfunny comedians

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
8 -- eight -- pages, and there's plenty of posts claiming that being female and a comedian are mutually exclusive, and no-one's mentioned Jeremy Clarkson. Or Richard Hammond.

See Stewart Lee.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's not strictly true in my eyes that ALL comediennes are crap, but Sarah Millican is absolute shite. The worst of the worst for me.

Not a fan of Jon Richardson, Russell Howard or Lee Evans either.

But then I think Jimmy Carr is brilliant (stand-up) and he doesn't seem that popular on here.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
probably against the grain but i just don't find Peter Kay funny at all.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Personally I don't like Michael McIntyre, John Bishop or Jack Whitehall.

I do like Rhod Gilbert, Micky Flanagan, Mick Ferry, Justin Moorhouse and Simon Evans.

Funny woman I put forward Kerry Godliman.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Suprised no one has mentioned Harry Hill, i really cant stand that wanker, along with Keith Lemon, Russel Brand and Ricky Gervais, non of these are funny what so ever

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Vic Reeves, Lenny Henry, Alexi Sayle, stewart Lee, phil jupitus, noel fielding, lee evans, bernard manning, roy chubby brown, jim davidson, tony slattery, john sessions, griff rhys jones, any one American, phil kaye, adam sandler, miranda hart, shappi korsandi, russell kane, justin lee collins, stephen k amos, frank skinner, Andi Ohso, Jo Brand, eddie izzard, ross noble, dave gorman and finally Russell brand.

All nobs, bellends and generally unfunny muppets

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd put Mark Thomas in the category of funny comedians. (if only positive threads were cool)

His politics are far to far out there for me, but there's no denying his talent.

He in turn reminds me of Mark Steel.
He usually gets a laugh from me on The News Quiz, but his 'Comes to Town' series is superb.

Saw him at the Ropetackle and his first half where he does the political comedy was brilliant but the 2nd half about someone infiltrating his group was dull as ditchwater. I generally like him though but wish he would remember he is a really good comedian and not just an activist.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Vic Reeves, Lenny Henry, Alexi Sayle, stewart Lee, phil jupitus, noel fielding, lee evans, bernard manning, roy chubby brown, jim davidson, tony slattery, john sessions, griff rhys jones, any one American, phil kaye, adam sandler, miranda hart, shappi korsandi, russell kane, justin lee collins, stephen k amos, frank skinner, Andi Ohso, Jo Brand, eddie izzard, ross noble, dave gorman and finally Russell brand.

All nobs, bellends and generally unfunny muppets

Thank gawd you left Henning Wehn off that list.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I would,nt say Russell Brand.....he is not even a comedian...or his namesake Jo...sorry,but todays modern efforts of being funny is to get on stage,swear and shout...and they think it is humour...yes I know I,m advancing in years,but the older style of comedy was far superior in my opinion...but the king of stand-ups was an american...Richard Prior.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Saw a very strange concert/ show yesterday evening. Reginald d hunter at the dome. First half of the set was very funny and made fun of the perceived racist world we live in. The second half was not full of many laughs and was more a social commentary of rape and violence against women, although his experiences in his programme about the Deep South for the BBC was very funny. Very somber feeling coming out as a lot of people looked shell shocked really.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I would also like to nominate Richard Herring as a very good comedian, his interviews with other comedians are brilliant:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I would,nt say Russell Brand.....he is not even a comedian...or his namesake Jo...sorry,but todays modern efforts of being funny is to get on stage,swear and shout...and they think it is humour...yes I know I,m advancing in years,but the older style of comedy was far superior in my opinion...but the king of stand-ups was an american...Richard Prior.

Possibly the most foul mouthed comedian to ever take to the stage.

I never got the Richard Pryor thing. Never found him that funny.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Russell Howard. What a complete toss*r that bloke is. Not a funny bone in his whole body.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports