Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undisclosed transfer fees

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What has surprised me this summer is how we have simultaneously given away players for peanuts who clearly are good at a certain level (Propper, Jahanbaksh, Ryan) and yet managed to hold out for top dollar on White.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
What has surprised me this summer is how we have simultaneously given away players for peanuts who clearly are good at a certain level (Propper, Jahanbaksh, Ryan) and yet managed to hold out for top dollar on White.

But we just don't know this - because it's undisclosed. That also feels the next feeding frenzy by the social-media commentators about what the terms were, which are, of course, complete bollocks. Given the private nature of Brighton's transfer dealings I wouldn't be surprised if NDAs are signed by all parties to the contract when a deal is completed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Think that's the divide in football. Where those three have gone are to clubs without EPL money or loaded chairman prepared to spend big.

Across Europe most clubs are operating under very different rules compared to the top ones in this country.

The instant success model demanded for the "top" clubs in this country will always lead to all the other clubs demanding top money for their players.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But we just don't know this - because it's undisclosed. That also feels the next feeding frenzy by the social-media commentators about what the terms were, which are, of course, complete bollocks. Given the private nature of Brighton's transfer dealings I wouldn't be surprised if NDAs are signed by all parties to the contract when a deal is completed.

There's enough social media noise out there to get a pretty good idea of the sums involved.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We have a professional poker players as a chairman, so its hardly surprising. Not exactly smart to show everyone your hand.

Got nothing to do with it unless all PL clubs got poker players as owners.

Elsewhere its a little bit difference especially as in some countries, I think, publicly traded clubs must reveal the fee.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Is me or have Brighton fans become really boring since Bloom took over. We aren’t share holders yet as a majority probably contribute close to £15m a season via ST/tickets merchandise etc. There is no doubt near £35m was wasted on two signings some of which would of been our hard earned why should we always be happy to be kept in the dark ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is me or have Brighton fans become really boring since Bloom took over. We aren’t share holders yet as a majority probably contribute close to £15m a season via ST/tickets merchandise etc. There is no doubt near £35m was wasted on two signings some of which would of been our hard earned why should we always be happy to be kept in the dark ???

Not much of it would ‘of’ been our hard-earned at all. Vast majority comes from Sky and Tony. £15m amounts to about 10% of the club’s income. We’re not kept in the dark, we just don’t get the precise details behind the finances of the club - and we have no right to them IMO.

The boring ones are those constantly bleating about wanting to know how every last penny has been spent, and thinking they know better than our financially astute, accountant, self-made billionaire, mathematician and lifelong fan owner, vastly experienced CEO and best-in-the-business technical director when buying and selling players.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not much of it would ‘of’ been our hard-earned at all. Vast majority comes from Sky and Tony. £15m amounts to about 10% of the club’s income. We’re not kept in the dark, we just don’t get the precise details behind the finances of the club - and we have no right to them IMO.

The boring ones are those constantly bleating about wanting to know how every last penny has been spent, and thinking they know better than our financially astute, accountant, self-made billionaire, mathematician and lifelong fan owner, vastly experienced CEO and best-in-the-business technical director when buying and selling players.
Not so long ago we almost blew £25m on Vincent Janssen in a desperation deal, sometimes someone who is brilliant at something aren’t as good doing something else. Of course with smaller deals it’s a lot less of a risk and people get praised when a player makes it. Yet one of our most expensive signings didn’t make it and practically given away this last week that’s not good business from the outset.

For me anyway transfer windows are a big part of being a football fan it either brings fresh hope and excitement or depression if we have to sit through watching the same dross for another few months.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not so long ago we almost blew £25m on Vincent Janssen in a desperation deal, sometimes someone who is brilliant at something aren’t as good doing something else. Of course with smaller deals it’s a lot less of a risk and people get praised when a player makes it. Yet one of our most expensive signings didn’t make it and practically given away this last week that’s not good business from the outset.

For me anyway transfer windows are a big part of being a football fan it either brings fresh hope and excitement or depression if we have to sit through watching the same dross for another few months.

Literally no-one who has to hire many people gets it right every time…….regardless of the industry. There are always going to be mistakes. A reasonable judge would only look at the overall picture to decide whether things are going in the right direction.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ludicrous thread. I can't think of a single reason why fees or contracts should be disclosed. Morbid curiosity is no justification. 'Transparency', my arse!

Luckily I have been out all day with the family and if I'd been loafing on the laptop before others had replied I don't know if I'd have been able to hold myself back. ???

:lolol: Never mind. :thumbsup: OP

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Most are in the Argus or national press and corrected by the Argus anyway. That said, I think these tables where we come up high in money spent often go with the over inflated fees the press quote, so aren’t reliable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here