Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Underrated Welbeck

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As good as he is, the team does not rely on him to be fit. But when he is, he is normally a starter. He plays football in an incredibly experienced and thoughtful way and is clearly very well thought of by the rest of the squad.

I wonder how close he’ll get to our record of top flight goals?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Posted elsewhere - this picture sums up the importance of the 'old guard' alongside the young pups perfectly.

Screenshot_20230917_065640_X.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Of course, the headline focusing on Utd being sh!t rather than the fact that we were quite good.
Yes. As I said earlier, it's a shame more papers didn't lead with a Brighton photo at least...

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I was so sceptical when we signed him.

I don't think I've ever been quite as wrong about a football opinion as I was with this one. He's been yet another outstanding signing.

I agree. Until RDZ showed up I thought DW and March would be soon of to the footballing knackers yard of the Championship. Now I'm wondering when they'll be picked for England.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You don't get 40 odd appearances for England by being underrated, it was a few years ago and people still think he's a sick note. We're lucky to have that experience in the side to help the gifted kids we've got, you can't put a price on that
Only one coach near the pitch and it's RDZ. Please don't tell me you better?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't want to be too harsh after one game where most players didn't perform to their best, but Welbz was particularly poor tonight.
Not just poor.

poor is Dunk giving away a goal with a shit, but honest, mistake.

Welbeck’s horrific selfish greed in not squaring the ball for Fati to tap in, at the end of the first half, is far far worse. Should have been hauled off there and then.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't want to be too harsh after one game where most players didn't perform to their best, but Welbz was particularly poor tonight.
He was but luckily he’s a seasoned pro and will bounce back just fine.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not just poor.

poor is Dunk giving away a goal with a shit, but honest, mistake.

Welbeck’s horrific selfish greed in not squaring the ball for Fati to tap in, at the end of the first half, is far far worse. Should have been hauled off there and then.
The only thing I’d say is maybe he wasn’t aware and didn’t get head up plus was on stretch. Just playing devils advocate - was he just concentrating on the ball and getting there in time…?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
He does seem to have quite a few shockingly poor games but can then play a blinder. I'd prefer to see him on the subs bench rather than starting so many games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The only thing I’d say is maybe he wasn’t aware and didn’t get head up plus was on stretch. Just playing devils advocate - was he just concentrating on the ball and getting there in time…?
No chance. Not a chance he didn’t know Fati was alongside him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here