Under rated Songs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Horse With No Name - America. Sublime harmony's. lovelly chilled song - possibly about heroine dealing

Summer The First Time - Bobby Goldsborough - great song.

California Dreaming - Mama's and the Pappas - superb harmony's , real summer classic

California Girls - Beach Boys. - bring on the summer

Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley; Just sublime.
You Set The Scene - Love; This has everything, great lyrics, lush orchestral arrangements and some cracking guitar and bass work. Genius.
Hey Hey I'm Down - Puressence; A criminally overlooked band and their masterpiece.
I've Been Losing You - A-ha; Classic pop from a much derided band.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Groove Armada - Superstylin'. - Classic dance with an amazing baseline.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lost and Looking- Sam Cooke. A quite breathtakingly beautiful song. A barely audible double bass the only accompaniement to a giant of soul's voice. Awesome

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dies Irae said:
Horse With No Name - America. Sublime harmony's. lovelly chilled song - possibly about heroine dealing

California Dreaming - Mama's and the Pappas - superb harmony's , real summer classic

California Girls - Beach Boys. - bring on the summer

I think all of those come under very very very old rather than under rated :)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying - Ray Charles. The best "git away woman" song EVAH. Fantastic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying - Ray Charles. The best "git away woman" song EVAH. Fantastic.

Really? Only ever heard that by Gerry and the Pacemakers :ohmy:

Is it the same song?

Last edited:

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Victims of the Riddle - Toyah. No, really....go listen. When Toyah was a band not a personality driven by a money hungry label. Joel Bogan - where are you now?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Brighton Rap - Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club '83

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dies Irae said:

I saw America at the Dome and they were really good. As for Summer the First Time, that must be my least favourite song, you can't rhyme juleep with two lips.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
wadhurstseagull said:
Victims of the Riddle - Toyah. No, really....go listen. When Toyah was a band not a personality driven by a money hungry label. Joel Bogan - where are you now?

Didn't really think much of Victims of the Riddle. However, both "Neon Womb" and "Danced" off the 'Sheep Farming in Barnet' AP were corkers. As was "Bird in Flight"...

I saw Toyah live in the same week that "It'th a mythtewy" entered the charts (a fact I remember because she happened to mention it at the time - you could visibly see her head swelling...). Thus making me among the last people to see her when she was halfway decent...

The best thing about that night were support band Wasted Youth. Now, if you want to talk about under-rated, listen to "Survivors" off their album 'Wild and Wandering'.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Muzzman said:
Brighton Rap - Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club '83

Hate to tell you but it was the 'Goldstone Rap'.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
bhaexpress said:
Hate to tell you but it was the 'Goldstone Rap'.

:clap2: :clap: :clap2:

When the whistle blows, and the fans cheer / you can hear the roar from the Palace pier
Push the ball Through the gap and pull it back / make a run up the center to the point of attack
when you make that cross you're gonna cross it fine / give the ball to the player on the dead ball line
The (unaudible) he's learned / he'll knock it in the box and make a shot on the turn

Theres a shot at the goal and the fan's go wild / you can hear them singing from the 7 dials
Theres a flash of colour and its blue and white / and its in the back of the net to the fans delight
Now the skippers going deep and theres a run on the wing / (ABSOLUTELY UNAUDIBLE) gonna feel that sting
Give us 1 more, 1 more, the temperature starts to rise / now we found a space and we got the pace to catch them on a big surprise

The Goldstone Rap, the Goldstone Rap

Now we're staying on attack, keep our (something) on the rack / till the ref gives his final blow
Now we won't look back, like a bullet from a gun / we'll make a killing with every show
Now the fans clap with every pass / and theres action on the bench
Theres a dreamy ball thats floating down / and we've all got a thirst to quench

Its a goal, its a goal, its a goal can you hear the noise
Its a goal, its a goal, its a goal for the brighton boys

(fades into oblivion)