Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Under 3 weeks till the window is thrown open, and this is the only clickbait we've got

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You get this vision in your mind, that when the January (window) sales start.
There's all these football managers camped outside the proverbial shop window, waiting for it to open and seeing what bargain they can purchase before the others get a chance.
I reckon Chris Hughton would be great at this, that snarling grimace that appears on every match day, is enough to put off the most keen manager.
He could duck and dive to get that striker, that is on the top shelf of 'Forwards R Us :cool:

It's a shame he wasn't doing precisely that back in August then.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Agents dictate the pace at which clubs make progress in these windows

Sadly that is the case. The only deals done at the start of the window tend to be players who are so desperate to make the move on offer that they overrule their agent who is trying to continually hold out for a better deal.

For example, if Giroud is truly being offered out on loan, then I think the player will be itching to get moved, to get back out on the field asap to kick start his season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Even for £500k l'd be disappointed. We eed someone with proven Premier League experience. Having said that, that sort of player may prove impossible to resource next month. The age old problem, too many clubs are chasing the same sort of players.

I'm also a fan of Florin Andone, no Premier League experience but has certainly scored goals at a similar levelin Spain. There are many on here claiming that a deal has already been done. I hope they are right.
Vela is *home grown* and we can only name up to 17 non-home-growns in the 25 man squad.

The pool of available home-grown in January is small and expensive.

If we sell Dunk we are down to the home-grown 'bare bones'.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Waits for Barber to come out with the transfer window is to complicated for you mere peasants to understand, when we don't sign a striker.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
:angry:

Rangers need Jamie Murphy but could Celtic blow them out the water?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/1...urphy-but-could-celtic-blow-them-out-the-wat/

Another Old Firm battle looked set to take place in the final days of the summer transfer window. According to Sky Sports, Celtic and Rangers were both interested in bringing Jamie Murphy back to Scotland from Brighton and Hove Albion.
And while the 28-year-old was understandably keen to take his first chance in the Premier League instead, his lack of opportunities since could gave way to renewed speculation in the January transfer window.
£1.2 million transfer fee for Murphy if the made up reports are to be believed.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I get the feeling the entire world now know how much we need a striker! Prices will be very high

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
:angry:

Rangers need Jamie Murphy but could Celtic blow them out the water?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/1...urphy-but-could-celtic-blow-them-out-the-wat/

Another Old Firm battle looked set to take place in the final days of the summer transfer window. According to Sky Sports, Celtic and Rangers were both interested in bringing Jamie Murphy back to Scotland from Brighton and Hove Albion.
And while the 28-year-old was understandably keen to take his first chance in the Premier League instead, his lack of opportunities since could gave way to renewed speculation in the January transfer window.

One Saturday last season myself & mates were having pre match pints in the Prince Albert. Jamie dropped his dad off outside the pub at middayish. He joined a trio of fans I'm mildly acquainted with and held court for a couple of hours with us hanging around on the peripheries, telling stories about youth, Scotland, Sheffield, but most of all his absolute and overpowering hatred for Celtic. I would bet my house on Jamie Murphy NEVER PLAYING FOR CELTIC. That whole family is blue to its core.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I clearly have a need that gets nourished by Albion clickbaity striker stories.
So when none are there I have to go looking for my own, esp as a member of the 'No Imagination Crew' is already enquiring about Barnes, Vokes & Wood. :facepalm:

There has to be more to transfer speculation than that?

So I've just being searching Bologna's form as it's an easy catch up on 2 of 'Stat's top tips' Simon Green and Mattia Destro, from the Summer.
It would appear after a rocky start to the season both are doing rather well, which is a shame.

Simone Verdi, in particular, appears to be quite a player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here