Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under 21's game streamed free on FA.com

Couldn't find this anywhere else, so at the risk of being fixtured..

Men's Under-21 Team
Under-21s live on TheFA.com
Wednesday, 07 October, 2009

Watch England's Euro Qualifier against Macedonia exclusively live on TheFA.com

Become a Fan of England Under-21s on Facebook

The FA has announced exciting details of the first England game to ever be screened live and for free exclusively on TheFA.com.

On Friday 9 October, The England v Macedonia 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship Qualifier at Coventry City’s Ricoh Arena will be streamed live on TheFA.com (kick-off 7.45pm BST).

The FA took the landmark decision to air the game for free on TheFA.com after UK broadcasters confirmed they were unable to schedule the match during peak-time.

Commenting on the move, Ian Watmore, Chief Executive Officer of The FA said: “This is the best way to ensure as many fans as possible around the country get the chance to see England’s young stars in action for free.”

Fans logging on to watch the game can look forward to seeing some great young players in action. Stuart Pearce has assembled an impressive squad including Theo Walcott - returning to the England Under-21s set-up fresh from scoring in Arsenal’s 6-2 defeat of Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.

Watching the game is simple. Just visit TheFA.com at 7.45pm on Friday night, click on the link to the game and enjoy all of the action free of charge.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I shall be watching, and if the quality is 'alright', I'll watch the big boys on Saturday. Which I believe is what the FA have in mind.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm glad to see this, I couldn't believe it when the TV rights for the Under-21 match were sold to Chelsea TV!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Game is live here: U21's Live

Starting line up:

Loach

Richards
Tomkins
Mancienne
Gibbs

Cleverly
Wilshere
Rodwell
Rose

Walcott
Carroll

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Picture quality is pretty good at the moment.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How much profit does The FA make? Could they not have screened the game live for a relatively minimal sum? If the Metro and various others can screen for £9.99, then surely the FA and all its affiliates could cover some of the cost..?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its not a bad game either!

Did I hear correctly that this is a dress rehersal for tomorrows game if everything goes well tonight?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well a very good stream actually i was expecting something worse i must admit

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My thoughts

1) Carroll needs to sort his barnet out
2) Mancienne is a liability and will never make it
3) Gibbs is tidy and will be left back for England soon but will need covering!

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Rodwell and Wilshere compliment each other well. Will be good in a few years when they start for Englands first team.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
2-0 Richards

Simply worked corner

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
My thoughts

1) Carroll needs to sort his barnet out
2) Mancienne is a liability and will never make it
3) Gibbs is tidy and will be left back for England soon but will need covering!

He has got a flair hair cut though.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Chappers, I dont think there is anyone playing out and out left wing tonight which could explain why Gibs is pushing so far forward. Something that I doubt he will be asked to do the for Senior side.

I do think he is MUSTARD though!

Also, with all the moaning about Arsenal's foriegn policy I notice that they have 3 in the starting XI

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Probably right there but I've seen other games and he does like to get forward. I suppose he can get away with it in this game though.

Good shout about the Arsenal youngsters. 2 future full internationals in the side and one who is already a regular.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Shit defending for that goal. Can't blame the keeper, it should never have got through along the groung.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here