Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undav

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He is probably iching to play more and must have seen this as a step up in his career.
Could be getting confused by his under utilisation.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Undav is essentially a similar striker to Maupay, and that didn't really work out. I still believe that a Murray / Welbeck striker is the way to go, and I'd rather see Ferguson get game time than Undav.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've had far worse strikers but he's not premier league standard I'm afraid. He'll be moved on, I'm sure of it.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He wasn’t good but the service to him was poor. The only time we got dangerous crosses was after he went off and Ferguson was left watching.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think he's better than he's showing (that's not hard) but seems to play with zero confidence for both Potter and RDZ. RDZ doesn't seem the type of manager to get the best out of people struggling.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I think he's better than he's showing (that's not hard) but seems to play with zero confidence for both Potter and RDZ. RDZ doesn't seem the type of manager to get the best out of people struggling.
not disagreeing re. Undav but how have you been able to come to that conclusion about RDZ so quickly?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Fan behind me in the stand screamed we’re not playing to his strengths.

What are those strengths? Genuinely can’t think of one!

Last edited:

Tommy11

Oct 13, 2022
He was shockingly bad, first time I've seen him live.

No pace, no movement, dreadful touch. Fastest he moved all night was running off when he was subbed
Yes, this is the most worrying thing. He knows he is out of his debth which he practically admitted in an Article with Naylor in the Athletic. When he is on the pitch, he can’t wait to come off. It’s not his fault, he is just not good enough for English Football ( and I mean all professional levels too)

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
not disagreeing re. Undav but how have you been able to come to that conclusion about RDZ so quickly?
No I don't really know. Just a hunch. Haven't seen him even talk to Undav, mention him in any press conferences etc. On the side-lines, even when coming on, Undav looks shot, short on confidence almost underwhelmed. certainly not motivated to show what he can do. Don't the best managers spend all their time with the players on the fringes and the real skill is keeping them motivated. Although he's only really asked about them, RDZ has only every talked about our so called 'stars'.

Or perhaps he's seen what we've seen on the pitch in training and just knows it's not gonna fit!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
When ever I've seen him he's looked poor. Even against Villa in the friendly game his goals were scratchy ones.
He's not up to it. We need to act decisively and move him on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
RDZ says he was happy with his performance tonight
Fan behind me in the stand streamed we’re not playing to his strengths.

What are those strengths? Genuinely can’t think of one!
As Swansman says, he's a poacher in the Mick Quinn mold. You don't have to be super quick all the time, and carrying a bit of timber needn't be an issue, but in a side that doesn't create enough, he needs to be there when the chances do come, and he's not.

I've already said I don't think he's good enough but today the service to him was woeful. The problem is that he isn't good enough to create his own chances. He made one or two promising darts into the box in the first ten minutes that weren't picked by Groß and Enciso. And he's another one that is beginning to worry me. Enciso reminds me of the annoying skinny fast kid at school who looked handy with the ball at his feet but just hogged the ball all the time before being dispossessed. He's so wasteful with the promising positions he finds himself in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here