Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undav

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Reports surfacing in Germany are that Hertha Berlin have come in for him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, let's face it, after the impact he's made here, a loan out in January would hardly be the biggest shock since Foinavon, would it?
That could turn out to be a positive for him and the club ..................... or also possibly not, and a second tier career awaits.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I’m sure RDB is well down the road to assessing how well individuals in the squad match up to his requirements. From what I’ve seen good technical ability at pace is a must have. Fortunately, with a few exceptions, most of our players tick this box.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reports surfacing in Germany are that Hertha Berlin have come in for him.
Reports here suggest it’s a loan. Could be a sensible move all round.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Usual posters coming up trumps with the "Not good enough, get rid" "he must be rubbish in training" "how bad are our scouting team" comments..

The biggest two things to take in my mind are.. one - https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/23154592.brightons-undav-determined-make-mark-world-cup/ the interview here where he says he wants to fight to get in the team. A good start.. - within the body of the interview, he explains in reality this is only his third season at a true professional club.

Throw in another recent interview, I forget where exactly - where he explains the changes to his diet - no more cans of red bull pre match or at half-time etc - then clearly there is going to be a longer period of managing up the raw potential to becoming a competent performer at the very top of elite sport.

Put simply, if he was banging in 25 goals a year on a poor quality diet with little to no proper, professional coaching - there is clearly talent there that needs developing. Confidence factor aside, that's a 12 month job minimum to realise said potential..!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Usual posters coming up trumps with the "Not good enough, get rid" "he must be rubbish in training" "how bad are our scouting team" comments..

The biggest two things to take in my mind are.. one - https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/23154592.brightons-undav-determined-make-mark-world-cup/ the interview here where he says he wants to fight to get in the team. A good start.. - within the body of the interview, he explains in reality this is only his third season at a true professional club.

Throw in another recent interview, I forget where exactly - where he explains the changes to his diet - no more cans of red bull pre match or at half-time etc - then clearly there is going to be a longer period of managing up the raw potential to becoming a competent performer at the very top of elite sport.

Put simply, if he was banging in 25 goals a year on a poor quality diet with little to no proper, professional coaching - there is clearly talent there that needs developing. Confidence factor aside, that's a 12 month job minimum to realise said potential..!

Red bull doesn’t seem to do Jamie Vardy any harm, his wife on the other hand….

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Sounds like Locadia...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cant understand the negatives about him. A proven scorer in a good league. Can only be judges after a run of games that is likely to happen sometime. In the meantime we have had a great start and sticking with Welbeck who he rates

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cant understand the negatives about him. A proven scorer in a good league. Can only be judges after a run of games that is likely to happen sometime. In the meantime we have had a great start and sticking with Welbeck who he rates
proven in a farmers league

the negatives are mainly to do with him looking shit. Still deserves more time but the one thing all flops have in common is .... they start shit. Whether he improves we'll see

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
not that I wish to underestimate them, but the charlton game does look like a really good opportunity for him to maybe get his first start. would be nice to see something that says he's worth keeping around, because I imagine ferguson will be going on loan in jan and undav being shipped off too would leave us rather short up top

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
scored twice today ???

regardless of how he's looked in the prem, out of the two games he's actually started (yes I know, a friendly and league one opposition) he's scored two goals. particularly with welbeck hobbling off today, he should maybe start at least one game before we ship him out/write him off

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Thing about Undav is that is definitely looks quite shit when he plays for brighon. But then i watched him a few times playing for USG. And he looked quite shit then too (unlike Mitoma who looked great in Belgium before looking great here).

So... in Belgum he looked a bit shit and scored a LOT.

So far he's repeated the first part of that trick when he's played here. So I am holding on to an expectation that he can also repeat the second part.

Undav to score 10+ goals in the second half of this season...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thing about Undav is that is definitely looks quite shit when he plays for brighon. But then i watched him a few times playing for USG. And he looked quite shit then too (unlike Mitoma who looked great in Belgium before looking great here).

So... in Belgum he looked a bit shit and scored a LOT.

So far he's repeated the first part of that trick when he's played here. So I am holding on to an expectation that he can also repeat the second part.

Undav to score 10+ goals in the second half of this season...
Probably not helpful that Undav himself called the Belgium league a ‘farmers league’

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To me his cameo appearances suggest he has nothing to offer against EPL defences, he seems physically insignificant, not pacey and the ball just doesn’t find him.

It’ll only work if he turns out to be a poacher in the box.

Obviously I hope it works out, but the initial signs aren’t promising.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To me his cameo appearances suggest he has nothing to offer against EPL defences, he seems physically insignificant, not pacey and the ball just doesn’t find him.

It’ll only work if he turns out to be a poacher in the box.

Obviously I hope it works out, but the initial signs aren’t promising.
Don’t often disagree with you, but in his brief cameos he has done okay IMO. Played a part in winner at Wolves, plays a nice weighted pass and can clearly finish.

I’d like him to have a few games before we make a definitive decision…..

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
proven in a farmers league

the negatives are mainly to do with him looking shit. Still deserves more time but the one thing all flops have in common is .... they start shit. Whether he improves we'll see
Not true.

Locadia started with 2 goals in 2 games

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not true.

Locadia started with 2 goals in 2 games
And nutjob Andone scored on debut but had other games totally anonymous.

I can't imagine anyone being as shit as Locadia, but nothing yet in Undavs performances suggests he's any good at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here