Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ummm

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Aboubakar is an exciting proposition. I saw him play for Porto against Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League a few years back and was very impressed. He netted twice and was absolutely lightning and incredibly strong.

He was heavily linked with Swansea a few weeks back and remember commenting to a Swans supporting colleague that the £4 million fee being banded about was insanely low for a player of his quality.

Believe he is also good mates with Gaetan Bong; they played together at Valenciennes for three seasons and also for the Cameroon national team.
100930.jpg

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Aboubakar is an exciting proposition. I saw him play for Porto against Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League a few years back and was very impressed. He netted twice and was absolutely lightning and incredibly strong.

He was heavily linked with Swansea a few weeks back and remember commenting to a Swans supporting colleague that the £4 million fee being banded about was insanely low for a player of his quality.

Believe he is also good mates with Gaetan Bong; they played together at Valenciennes for three seasons and also for the Cameroon national team.
View attachment 88653

Please don't get my hopes up. Kid looks immense. :(

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
WhingForPresident;809596 3 said:

View attachment 88653

Can someone please start a thread claiming we're in close talks with Porto and his agent? just to cheer things up a little.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Can someone please start a thread claiming we're in close talks with Porto and his agent? just to cheer things up a little.

I've convinced myself he is signing now, despite the Marseille links and despite the fact he probably isn't. He is just the type of player we need.

60 international caps for a country ranked 35th in the world as well so presumably wouldn't have any issues with a work permit. Seems to tick every box.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I've convinced myself he is signing now, despite the Marseille links and despite the fact he probably isn't. He is just the type of player we need.

60 international caps for a country ranked 35th in the world as well so presumably wouldn't have any issues with a work permit. Seems to tick every box.

He's also Gaetan Bong's mate.

Can someone please make the board aware of him considering it's more than likely they are just sitting around, stuffing their faces with junk food not even aware the football season has began.

This man is the answer to Albions hopes of becoming an established Prem club. Get him in now!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I like this Aboubakar rumour very much.

He's scored goals in France (17 in 38), Portugal (26 in 62 including being Porto's top scorer in 15/16) and Turkey (19 in 38) as well as for Cameroon(18 in 60, including the winner in this years African cup of nations). He's played and scored in the champions league and Europa league. Big, strong, fast and scores for fun. He sounds perfect.

Him and Origi on loan would be outstanding business. No idea how likely either of those will be but I'm staying positive until the window closes...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I know you can't judge a based on their Youtube highlights reel but I'm willing to make an exception. He looks awesome.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I know you can't judge a based on their Youtube highlights reel but I'm willing to make an exception. He looks awesome.

I stopped watching them after salivating over Stephen Dobbies YouTube reel :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I went to Porto's first game this season against Estoril. He looked ok, he could've probably had a hattrick in that game but missed a couple of sitters and went close with a couple of harder chances, think he had one disallowed for offside.

Porto have had to sell players this year because of FFP. Would be a great signing if it happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here