Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras Song

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Also if you want to rip chants off, rather than taking a St Pauli chant because somebody thinks it is a bit a right on, look to the Barmy Army. The best songs in recent years have generally been them (search the Mitchell Johnson stuff at Sydney).

And this is a very good point sir.

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Are you guys seriously arguing about a poxy song.....I have a season ticket in the North and to be fair after having a season ticket at Withdean for the duration its actually quite nice to have a bit of atmos and a sing song without get funny looks and being told to be quiet...as for the North Stand Ultras fair play to them let them get on with it...its a bit of fun most teams have something like that...the song in question isnt my bag and yes i do join in the wooooahhhh bit cant say im overly bothered about learning the rest...just enjoy the atmos and add to it....chill relax enjoy and and let the good times roll....

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Initials is something about nothing.

NSK, is making a rod for its own back by being so insular. The fact they are making chants just for the north stand shows the small mindeness of them.

Also the manufactured chants that seem to appear are not really part of English football. The best chants are the ones that happen on the spot, not ones that somebody writes, what next, song sheets as you go into the north stand? Somebody facing the crowd with a megaphone to start the chants, how very German football.

Also if you want to rip chants off, rather than taking a St Pauli chant because somebody thinks it is a bit a right on, look to the Barmy Army. The best songs in recent years have generally been them (search the Mitchell Johnson stuff at Sydney).

Why does Brighton need an exclusive fan group, it should be about all the crowd, not a few people in a small section of the ground looking to massage their own egos.

Well the initials are not nothing to me tbh.

How have we been insular? Anyone can sign upto the forum who wants and can have they're say they are always welcomed with a thread much like nsc used too. And we've said countless times that new opinions are great.

We have handed out song sheets when we printed out the full and proper lyrics to gosbts pre Donny game.

It was used as we like it and much like the Elliot Bennet song that was 'ripped' from Liverpools Maxi song. Some are news ideas weve come up with which I hope take off and others are adaptations of old songs much like football has been for years.

Its not an exclusive fan group, Its just a named medium for like minded people to converse through as some ideas would be shot down on a larger more established forum like NSC. The NSK hasn't just been about songs either, Its also about banners and flags and a kind of social group for friends to meet up at away games etc.

Some people from the NSK will never get involved with these debates on NSC as they may feel people will judge or not listen. I will always be here as some will judge and dislike us and that's their perogitive but so long as I feel I've been able to explain abit about us and perhaps answer some questions.

You and anyone else are more than welcome to come over sign up and chat exchange ideas.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Well the initials are not nothing to me tbh.

How have we been insular? Anyone can sign upto the forum who wants and can have they're say they are always welcomed with a thread much like nsc used too. And we've said countless times that new opinions are great.

We have handed out song sheets when we printed out the full and proper lyrics to gosbts pre Donny game.

It was used as we like it and much like the Elliot Bennet song that was 'ripped' from Liverpools Maxi song. Some are news ideas weve come up with which I hope take off and others are adaptations of old songs much like football has been for years.

Its not an exclusive fan group, Its just a named medium for like minded people to converse through as some ideas would be shot down on a larger more established forum like NSC. The NSK hasn't just been about songs either, Its also about banners and flags and a kind of social group for friends to meet up at away games etc.

Some people from the NSK will never get involved with these debates on NSC as they may feel people will judge or not listen. I will always be here as some will judge and dislike us and that's their perogitive but so long as I feel I've been able to explain abit about us and perhaps answer some questions.

You and anyone else are more than welcome to come over sign up and chat exchange ideas.

The world is full of opinions and you have stated yours.

The fact I do not agree with you, in the scheme of things is well make no difference.

Jan 30, 2008
I didn't create this songs new lyrics, I've just gone with it and fully support the new adaptation cited in this thread. Others are slowly being started as we go along not all catch on and we go back to the drawing board, The more ideas the better.
how about giving up :rolleyes:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
how about giving up :rolleyes:

Well that'd be dull, I love going to football be it in league 2 away at Chesterfield @the time or Liverpool at the Amex. For me the singing and fun is almost more important than the result at times.

So no I wont just give up, I enjoy football my way you yours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We'll have to wait and see if the adapted lyrics get sung at Leicester on Saturday.

Keep it up Drumstick,mate.I`m an old North Stander.I`ve been there done it,gone way over the top and paid the fines for it.The fact that you lot are doing your best to get a great atmosphere going, without the need to act hard and cause trouble ,and still get these twats giving you snidey comments amazes me.You are helping to create the best atmosphere there has ever been at the Albion.Good luck to you and I hope you go from strength to strength.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Don't sing songs which isolate the majority, simples.
The NSK shot themselves in the foot by becoming so insular, many people expected it to be a majority of old 'northstanders' when in fact most of the NSK are younger, and from their video from Bristol City, spend most of their time practicing masturbating in mid-air and not watching the game.
The criticism they have received is all their own fault, why not make a supporters group that is outward looking.
I will happily debate this. – and it’s my 1000 post!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I just don't get what people are moaning for - A group of Brighton fans (who actually really cares what they have decided to call themselves) came up with a song which starts with the words "We are the North stand, North stand".

Other people in the North who do not like the song can just sit there and join in when there is a song they like.

People in the West and East what is your moan - you don't like the song (OK WELL KEEP ON WITH THE THREE YOU DO SING) or you don't like the word North - WELL CHANGE IT TO THE NAME OF THE STAND YOU ARE IN.

Isn't the whole idea to create an atmosphere? West standers - if you don't like it, why don't you sing your songs to drown the North out, after all isn't there 5 times as many singers up the top. the only thing this in fighting will do is turn the Amex atmosphere into Withdean atmosphere - is that really what people want?

Do we really need weekly Ultra or Ultra song threads with the same old people saying the same old things.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The NSK shot themselves in the foot by becoming so insular, many people expected it to be a majority of old 'northstanders' when in fact most of the NSK are younger, and from their video from Bristol City, spend most of their time practicing masturbating in mid-air and not watching the game.
The criticism they have received is all their own fault, why not make a supporters group that is outward looking.
I will happily debate this. – and it’s my 1000 post!

If you are referring to my video not one of those people in front of me doing the wanker gestures are in the NSK.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
If you are referring to my video not one of those people in front of me doing the wanker gestures are in the NSK.

It wasn't your video, but the person who had the camera was standing next to a person I am certain is a 'leader' of the group.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I just don't get what people are moaning for - A group of Brighton fans (who actually really cares what they have decided to call themselves) came up with a song which starts with the words "We are the North stand, North stand".

Other people in the North who do not like the song can just sit there and join in when there is a song they like.

People in the West and East what is your moan - you don't like the song (OK WELL KEEP ON WITH THE THREE YOU DO SING) or you don't like the word North - WELL CHANGE IT TO THE NAME OF THE STAND YOU ARE IN.

Isn't the whole idea to create an atmosphere? West standers - if you don't like it, why don't you sing your songs to drown the North out, after all isn't there 5 times as many singers up the top. the only thing this in fighting will do is turn the Amex atmosphere into Withdean atmosphere - is that really what people want?

Do we really need weekly Ultra or Ultra song threads with the same old people saying the same old things.

Bristol City away - the suggestion of singing the North Stand song? Which would isolate the majority at an away game. The song away from home is a definete no-no. Yes, the Idea is to of course create an atmosphere, but lets do it individually, not in the typical Cliche' European dimension.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It wasn't your video, but the person who had the camera was standing next to a person I am certain is a 'leader' of the group.

There isn't a leader, Problem being with NOT being insular is that people can come along and join in and still act like nobs. If we where to vet people to be allowed in and nothing like it ever happened again we would be insular but would you be happy? Being an open group means we can't control who associates with us and how they act, They are there own people and we a not a group who would 'kick anyone out'

Christ my dad is 54 and he still swears at away games in the moments sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here