[Albion] Ulloaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
It’s a brilliant piece of commentary.

The club have put out a lot of good footage in the last few weeks but it is so frustrating that they use the seagulls player commentary rather than the Sky commentary. This is especially the case with goals from the promotion season; the Sky commentary is far superior and gives a better feel of the picture of the season at the time as well as being more euphoric (as Daniel Mann is with the Lua Lua build up Ulloa moment).The QPR and Wolves games are cases in point. I can’t actually find the footage of those games with the Sky commentary anywhere.

Agreed - the Sky commentary really adds to the experience.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It’s a brilliant piece of commentary.

The club have put out a lot of good footage in the last few weeks but it is so frustrating that they use the seagulls player commentary rather than the Sky commentary. This is especially the case with goals from the promotion season; the Sky commentary is far superior and gives a better feel of the picture of the season at the time as well as being more euphoric (as Daniel Mann is with the Lua Lua build up Ulloa moment).The QPR and Wolves games are cases in point. I can’t actually find the footage of those games with the Sky commentary anywhere.

I'd agree with this, IMHO Johnny Cantor is a very poor commentator and has one go to line, he always seems to start with WHAT, so dull.

'WHAT A STRIKE'.

Jimmy Grimble

I'd agree with this, IMHO Johnny Cantor is a very poor commentator and has one go to line, he always seems to start with WHAT, so dull.

'WHAT A STRIKE'.

Agreed. His delivery - as you’ve pointed out - isn’t great and I just don’t think he’s got the best voice for it.

For comparison here’s Sidwell’s halfway line goal. It’s actually one of Cantor’s better pieces but still not as good IMO.

Play from 1.10
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyUzGho6k9M

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPYBG5bpT2I&t=23s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports