Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
How much would Leicester want for Ulloa?

His falling out with Ranieri in the January window was over him being told he could move, if they received an offer of between 4-5m for him and then being told it was a no-go when a higher offer came in from a relegation rival.

Given that he now has 12 months left on his contract, his age and the amount of time left before next season kicks off, I'd expect they'd be more susceptible to a deal at a similar figure.

Especially as Alaves reportedly only offered 1.7m for him.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I doubt we'll be messing about with just 4 strikers in the squad next season, so as 1 of 5 with another to come in, then Leo would be fantastic.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If we fail to upgrade on him or even get a similar style player again we are coming straight back down.

If Ulloa is our main striker target I will be seriously underwhelmed. Do we really need three players who are all much the same? What we desperately need is another player with some pace and creativity as well as finishing ability to compliment Murray or Ulloa. He will likely cost much much more than the rather pedestrian Ulloa.

This, Has everyone forgot what Ulloa can be like if things do not go his way, hands thrown up in the air in despair, seeming uninterested at times and add in his comments about not playing again for his current club.

We can do better than Ulloa,

If we must go back for a former player one in form would not hurt like Chris Wood for example.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Can someone show me a decent PL side with a big man up top who scores a lot of headers and close finishes? Appears to me you need mobile, agile and strong guys with pace and skill.
Neither Ulloa nor Wood fall into this category.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Can someone show me a decent PL side with a big man up top who scores a lot of headers and close finishes? Appears to me you need mobile, agile and strong guys with pace and skill.
Neither Ulloa nor Wood fall into this category.

Zlatan. Diego Costa. Giroud (has a few goals this year). Lukaku.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Are you for real? Ibra, Costa and Lukaku have a LITTLE more to their game than 6 yard headers and 3 yard tap-ins.

They score lots of headers and close finishes. I literally highlighted your question before answering it.

You didn't ask for players "who only score headers and close finishes and do nothing else"

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Swansea might still go down.

Indeed they might. They also might not and we will be shopping in similar markets to them. Ideally you want a mix don't you, sometimes Andy Carroll is unplayable, sometimes he doesn't get involved at all. Some teams can't deal with a pace loaded attack, others know how to adapt. One size simply does not fit all.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Indeed they might. They also might not and we will be shopping in similar markets to them. Ideally you want a mix don't you, sometimes Andy Carroll is unplayable, sometimes he doesn't get involved at all. Some teams can't deal with a pace loaded attack, others know how to adapt. One size simply does not fit all.

Indeed. I just feel with the quality of some world class defenders up there, the old-fashioned, sorry traditional centre forward approach seems to struggle somewhat.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
If we fail to upgrade on him or even get a similar style player again we are coming straight back down.

If Ulloa is our main striker target I will be seriously underwhelmed. Do we really need three players who are all much the same? What we desperately need is another player with some pace and creativity as well as finishing ability to compliment Murray or Ulloa. He will likely cost much much more than the rather pedestrian Ulloa.

Agree. We're ripping the pish out of Middlesborough this morning but need to learn from their mistakes. Their defence has been ok but they didn't bring in sufficient striking quality. Negredo looked past it from the get go. They wasted the January transfer window bringing in a youngster who couldn't recreate in the Prem what he managed in the Championship and who's been plagued by injuries and a useless huddy offloaded from Villa.

We're certainly going to need more pace and creativity to pressurise Prem defences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here