Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa not even on the bench today!! Has he gone?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He has a minor ankle injury.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11337369.Ulloa_ruled_out_by_ankle_injury/?ref=var_0

Albion striker Leo Ulloa has a minor ankle injury.

The problem ruled him out of today’s 4-0 friendly win over Partick Thistle.

Kazenga LuaLua also sat out the run out at the Pinatar Arena in Spain.

LuaLua has a calf injury, also reported to be minor in nature.

Boss Sami Hyypia is loathe to risk any of his players in pre-season.

Ulloa and LuaLua watched the game, in which Craig Mackail-Smith, Gordon Greer, Shamir Fenelon and Charlie Harris netted.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I understand a few things may start to happen, very soon

Often does after a supposition..........or is that a suppository?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought Fenelon looked good tonight - took his goal really well. Assuming Ulloa does go, we may have an instant replacement that none of us had thought of before, but he does look really promising (plus he cost us nothing). Sammi played so many youngsters tonight which I though was great to see. The way forward IMO - even if we have a mediocre season or two (remembering how bad things were back in the Gillingham years - I'd accept that). Obviously we want more bodies in, but I for one am quite excited about this season and seeing some of the development squad being given their chance.

I thought Harris had an excellent half great cross for the third and what a goal he got. He was also unlucky a bit later with another shot from distance.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought Harris had an excellent half great cross for the third and what a goal he got. He was also unlucky a bit later with another shot from distance.

He's definitely me 'one to watch' this season. He had a great half against Lewes, but I wasn't sure whether that was down to the lesser caliber of the opposition, so it was a very pleasant surprised to see him shine again in the 2nd half against a much higher quality team. I can see him doing great things (from the bench) sometime this season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I could not bear watching more than the first 40 minutes. Agustien was surplus in midfield and he did not do very well.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It could just be that he's injured, as the club have said, but the timing is suspicious. I suppose we'll learn more during the week. Will be interesting to see if he plays against Real Betis!

Stumpy Tim

He really stood out to me too. It's a shame that he plays in an area of the team we're so well stocked - and allegedly looking for even more reinforcements. Very good in possession & a cracking shot on him. Certainly looks like one to watch this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here