Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa gone....

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
£7m is a pretty good deal as far as the club is concerned but how much of that will be paid upfront?

Wouldn't be surprised if half is upfront, some based on appearances, and some based on whether Leicester survive in the Prem.

Don't hold your breath for us suddenly going out and thinking we have £7m to spend (which many on here will expect) - it ain't gonna happen.

They are paying by DD, £50pcm.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
when he arrived our play off adventures began

This is bang on.
Forget all the other stats. For 18 months we played some pretty stuff in the division without really threatening the Top 6/7, then we got Leo and that changed. He was the difference, simple as that.
Will be very, very difficult to replace and I expect 8-14 place this season will reflect this.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
To be blunt, I thought over all last season he was fairly average. He had hot moments, but mainly looked average on most occasions.

This is not me slagging him off just cause he might have gone , and yes I would have liked to have kept him but he was no Marco van Basten was he.

Anyone truly think he'll light up the Premier League? I don't. He's a good Championship striker imo.

Agree

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good player.

Not worth £7 million.

Considering costs of McCormark and Rhodes, £7m is pretty good for one of the best all round forward players in the division, arguably the best when on form.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He wasn't a top player when he arrived. He only cost 2million euros from some Spanish second division side. We've made a decent profit from him.

When that big premiership carrot gets dangled in front of you, eyes light up ££££££££££ eat my dust........................

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Considering costs of McCormark and Rhodes, £7m is pretty good for one of the best all round forward players in the division, arguably the best when on form.

But last season (for maybe a few reasons) he wasn't "one of the best all round forward players in the division", he was an excellent goalscorer yes but his control and movement was pretty poor and he fell over too much.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
He has no pace. Which is why he has never played for a top club. He is 27 and will only get slower. Decent player but not great. Good bit of business.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When do we all start the "Bring Back Ulloa" threads ? At least they'll be better than all the "Bring Back Murray" threads.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But last season (for maybe a few reasons) he wasn't "one of the best all round forward players in the division", he was an excellent goalscorer yes but his control and movement was pretty poor and he fell over too much.

Yet still scored at a rate of nearly a goal a game at points, even whilst playing very poorly by the standards we know he can reach (partly due to a much weaker side not giving him the support/service he received in the season prior).

We would've been nowhere near the playoffs without him. He's a VERY GOOD striker and in the right set up will score around 10-15 in the Prem.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Shame, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I thought he was ok last season. The question is this. Was it the case that our then manager didn't get what he should have got from Leo, or was he just above average?

Onwards and upwards. Now Tone, let's sign some decent replacements eh?

cyberleech

May 21, 2013
Irresistible deal for Seagulls. Biut remember where we were before he came? No target man, no headed goals, wasted crosses and corners.... And the loaners we tried before he arrived...?
Just hope O'Grady is up to it...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He has no pace. Which is why he has never played for a top club. He is 27 and will only get slower. Decent player but not great. Good bit of business.

Again rubbish. Tell me which big lump strikers do have pace? I don't remember Lambert or Murray being that quick just to give you two. Big strikers are not relied upon on there pace. It's there aerial presence,hold up skills and strength. Besides for a big man Leo had pretty decent pace i thought. Go and watch our goal against Hull in the Fa cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here