Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP look like fools again

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I suppose there is some truth in that. Maybe not judged on the one choice but taken as a whole the choices people make a fair indication of their personality.

Yes.

When i was younger i had a moral that people should be judged by their actions and not words. But as i've gotten older, and can empathise more (by having been in similar situations) i try to judge people by their intent. Of course you'd have to be a mind reader to do this, and i often make mistakes.

This of course can lead to some weird conclusions, for example someone that gives to charity only to gain the respect of others isn't considered a 'good' act in my books...

In general we judge others by their actions but ourselves by our intent. There's an inherent 'unfairness' about this.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
But from the secret filming they showed on the news, it sounded like it eas part of a deliberate policy/strategy to bolster up the UKIP finances. If that is the case, it's a shame there isn't an offence of corporate fraud....... Or maybe there is.

Quite liked the patriotic defence - i.e. not an expense fiddle per se, but actually repatriating our money back from the thieving bstards in Brussels. Might not stand up in court, though.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I think its worth posting daveinpragues picture again.

Its a bit one sided against UKIP and doesnt address other parties in the EU but thats not the point.The MEP link against all of them is enough of a giveaway.

This EU institution is riddled with fraudsters,its a disgusting gravy train of waste,and its your tax money.......time to kick it into the dustbin.

View attachment 64079
Anything about Ray Finch, standing in Lewes?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm sure it has probably been mentioned elsewhere but I still can't get over UKIP using the same colour scheme as the Standing at the Back, Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid party. That is how I now think of them.

Bnsz-txCMAAhMSg.jpg

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Janice Atkinson asked for the bill in a restaurant to be increased so she could claim more expenses. Joins the long list of suspended UKIP fools. Their time in the sun really is over isn't it. Ha.

15 all.....Ha.

MP Sarah Champion claims £17 poppy wreath expenses

An MP claimed £17 on expenses for the cost of a Remembrance Day poppy wreath.

Sarah Champion, LABOUR MP for Rotherham, billed the taxpayer for the tribute as "office costs", describing it as "necessary expenses".

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) said MPs were not allowed to make such claims and was seeking repayment from Miss Champion.

She admitted the claim "should never have been made" and would reimburse IPSA on Monday.

The TaxPayers' Alliance described it as "downright low".

Details of the expense from IPSA show the MP made the claim on 21 October 2014 for "Wreath for Remembrance Sunday"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-31895703

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
15 all.....Ha.

Sarah Champion, LABOUR MP for Rotherham, billed the taxpayer for the tribute as "office costs", describing it as "necessary expenses".

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) said MPs were not allowed to make such claims and was seeking repayment from Miss Champion.

She admitted the claim "should never have been made" and would reimburse IPSA on Monday.

Details of the expense from IPSA show the MP made the claim on 21 October 2014 for "Wreath for Remembrance Sunday"

Yes Soulman, they all do it. Thats been the focus of the discussion. Again, this bunch of clowns is put forward, by the NSC UKIP supporters club in particular, as being a fresh face in politics, and in it for the people and not to line their pockets.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
15 all.....Ha.

MP'S from all parties are at it thats why it is so boring when the OP only picks on one party ... maybe he should concentrate on the local councils who have no balls to protect young girls and would rather look politically correct

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
MP'S from all parties are at it thats why it is so boring when the OP only picks on one party ... maybe he should concentrate on the local councils who have no balls to protect young girls and would rather look politically correct

Exactly.
As i've stated a few times, i've never been under the illusion (despite Dave in Prague's repeated statements about fiddling) that UKIP are squeaky clean, but the reason many are looking at UKIP is because of the DIFFERENT policies.
Still i suppose there will be many more threads attacking UKIP, why i know not as according the "experts", and mainly from those that do not live here, UKIP have no chance of doing anything.
Sadly the attacks from the other main parties/media, hides their own sordid actions, which are far worse than a few gaffs by a minority party.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yep, just look at all the Labour run councils that ignored the grooming, then look at the Elm House debauchery, then look at the massive expenses scandals by the two main parties over the years.....i don't think UKIP were involved in those were they.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Reduced some labour door knocker to silence today ... when they start baffooning about the NHS and No jobs lack of housing School places I brought up the Immigration issue to which the idiot had no reply ( well he did saying it wasn't an issue and wasn't prepared to talk about it ) surely they should be pre-prepped before cold calling so they can hold some sort of grown up conversation with regards to this issue ... just shows the parties ineptitude

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A good MP is key but i think they have to represent at least some of your core values

I particularly agree with the point you've made here. In that vein I've recently contacted all the candidates standing in Hove on their stance on parking on private land. So far, robust and thoughtful responses from the Tories, Lib Dems ( which has kind of taken the wind out my sails given I've sworn never to vote for them again ) and a very direct response from UKIP. Still waiting for the Labour and Green response over a week later.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reduced some labour door knocker to silence today ... when they start baffooning about the NHS and No jobs lack of housing School places I brought up the Immigration issue to which the idiot had no reply ( well he did saying it wasn't an issue and wasn't prepared to talk about it ) surely they should be pre-prepped before cold calling so they can hold some sort of grown up conversation with regards to this issue ... just shows the parties ineptitude

I think they've been told not to get involved if the "I" word is mentioned on the doorstep as if its a taboo subject. I raised a point about Eastern Europeans taking all the factory jobs which meant locals who had been recently made redundant and cannot find work were being sanctioned while UFLers were milking the benefits system and needless to say he wouldn't talk about it. (UFL = Up From London , refugee families with six or seven kids who are being dispersed around the UK because of the rent cap)

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Janice Atkinson asked for the bill in a restaurant to be increased so she could claim more expenses. Joins the long list of suspended UKIP fools. Their time in the sun really is over isn't it. Ha.

I think you may like to take a look at the Labour party and their shady agenda first before you start stoning UKIP. Samuel Gamlin could be the first person for your research.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The North Dudley Tory candidate was obviously jealous of all the UKIP headlines, so he decided to use those little rascals in the EDL, to rig his constituency vote.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
15 all.....Ha.

I think the point of this thread has flown soaringly above your noggin.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think you may like to take a look at the Labour party and their shady agenda first before you start stoning UKIP. Samuel Gamlin could be the first person for your research.

I think the crux of this thread has danced quite the fandango around your swede.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think the point of this thread has flown soaringly above your noggin.

Really, well the title of the thread (and many many UKIP threads) is "UKIP look like fools again".
Surely it is appropriate (or is this just a UKIP "fool" thread) to point out that OTHER parties are at best the same........but seriously much worse.
Next time perhaps the OP should state that we only post UKIP gaffs eh.
Obviously the thread has not gone to your liking, shame.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Well here are just 10........loads more about.
In Britain, we love a political scandal. Sleaze, corruption and hypocrisy maintain public interest in the political sphere in a way that debate over policies will never quite match.

It might be argued that revelations of politicians’ acts of moral turpitude are essential - a yardstick by which we can measure ourselves and our political system, and a reminder to those with power that they are not above scrutiny.

No large political party has managed to avoid having to deal with uncomfortable issues at one time or another, and the Labour party is no exception. Indeed, Labour can rival major contenders such as UKIP and the Tories when it comes to scandalous behaviour.

We take a filthy trawl through some of the party’s most compromising moments:
1. Formula 1 and cigarettes, 1997

In the year Tony Blair steered his party to a landslide electoral victory, Labour soon managed to become ensnarled in a scandal involving a £1m donation from Formula 1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone. The large sum of money began to raise eyebrows when the incoming government changed its policy to allow Formula 1 to continue being sponsored by tobacco manufacturers. When the scandal came to light, the party reversed its policy and returned the donation.
2. Mandelson’s loan, 1998

Peter Mandelson had barely been a member of Blair’s cabinet before he was forced to resign. Mandelson kicked up a storm after it emerged that he’d taken an interest-free personal loan of £373,000 from fellow Labour MP Geoffrey Robinson to help buy a house in Notting Hill in 1996. This wasn’t a problem in itself; however, Robinson was the subject of an inquiry into his business dealings by Mandelson’s department. Mandelson later said that he’d not taken part in any decisions directly relating to Robinson, and he had also failed to register the loan with the Register of Members’ Interests. After coming under pressure from Blair, Mandelson resigned his position on 23rd December 1998. Robinson was also forced to resign. Not such a Merry Christmas after all.
3. Ron Davis’s mad moment, 1998

Meanwhile, Welsh Labour MP Ron Davies was busy making life difficult for himself, and stood down from his position as Secretary of State for Wales after a “moment of madness”, during which he was mugged at knifepoint when he picked up a man on Clapham Common and took him for a meal.
4. Prescott I, 2001

During the 2001 election campaign, John Prescott, the Deputy Prime Minister and a former amateur boxer, delivered a deft punch to the face of farmer Craig Evans who had thrown an egg at him.
5. Burying bad news, 2001

Later that year, and on the same day as the terrorist attack on the World Trade Centre in New York, Labour spin doctor Jo Moore made a catastrophic error of judgement and wrote an email to a press officer suggesting it was a good day to bury bad news. “It’s now a very good day to get out anything we want to bury,” she wrote. “Councillors’ expenses?” A story about councillors’ expenses subsequently appeared. When the email emerged publicly a month later, Moore made a public apology for the insensitivity. But the following year, another email appeared suggesting Moore had tried a similarly crass tactic again, a mistake for which she was force to resign.
6. Jowellgate, 2003

Labour Tessa Jowell

2003 was the year of “Jowellgate”, named after the financial brouhaha that engulfed Tessa Jowell, Labour’s secretary of state for culture, media and sport. The scandal arose when her husband David Mills, a lawyer, was alleged to have corruptly received £340,000 from the bunga-bunga loving Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. Mills was subsequently investigated in Italy for money laundering and alleged tax fraud. Jowell was investigated over the allegations against her husband due to a potential clash between her personal life and ministerial duties. Tony Blair, a political ally of Berlusconi, eventually cleared her of any wrongdoing.
7. Prescott II, 2006

Labour John Prescott

In 2006 it emerged that Prescott had been having an affair with his diary secretary Tracy Temple between 2002 and 2004. The affair, and Prescott’s entertainment of Temple at Dorneywood, his official residency, raised questions about use of public finances.
8. Cash for influence scandal I, 2009

Four Labour party life peers with names not dissimilar to Harry Potter villains were the subject of a scandal that saw them become the first peers in 367 years to be suspended from the house. Lord Snape, Lord Moonie, Lord Taylor of Blackburn and Lord Truscott were exposed by Sunday Times journalists to be offering to help make amendments to legislation in return for up to £120,000.

The House of Lords privileges committee found that Lords Moonie, Truscott and Blackburn had all breached the House’s code of conduct, but that Lord Snape had not.
9. MPs expenses scandal, 2009

From 8th May 2009, the Daily Telegraph began publishing daily instalments of leaked documents providing the shocking details of MPs expenses claims. Labour MPs were well represented in the naughty list. Indeed, of the six MPs that were eventually convicted for false accounting and other expenses abuse, all were from the Labour party.

Some of the Labour Party’s members’ most ridiculous claims at the tax-payers’ expense include:

Prescott III: John Prescott’s £312 claim for fitting mock Tudor beams to his constituency home, and for two new toilet seats in as many years, according to the Telegraph.

David Miliband allegedly claimed for gardening expenses and nearly £30,000 in repairs, decorations, and furnishings his family home in South Shields.

Margaret Moran claimed £22,500 for treating dry rot at her third home in Southampton, and later argued that MPs need a London home, a constituency home and a third home for family life. She later agreed to repay the sum, saying she understood her constituents’ anger.

Quentin Davis, who defected to the Labour party when Gordon Brown became Prime Minister, claimed £10,000 for window repairs at his second home, an 18th century mansion.
10. Cash for influence scandal II, 2010

Three former Labour cabinet members managed to get themselves into hot water after they were secretly filmed by Channel 4’s Dispatches journalists admitting to using their positions to influence government policy in return for cash. Geoff Hoon, Stephen Byers and Patricia Hewitt were all interviewed along with other MPs. Some of the most memorable recorded comments include Byers describing himself as “a cab for hire” and Hoon saying he wanted to make “some real money”. Hoon was banned from Parliament for five years and Byers for two years.
Beyond 2010 – The Miliband years

Labour ed Miliband

Not so much a political scandal as a fraternal one, Ed Miliband became a late runner in the Labour leadership race, challenging his brother David to lead the opposition government. The plucky upstart garnered the support of influential unions and sealed his victory. Relations between them are reportedly very frosty.

Since then, Miliband has steered clear of major controversy, but did make people groan with despair when, during a 2011 public sector strike over cuts, Miliband repeated himself like a crazy robot to ITV’s Damon Green who was interviewing him for television.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here