Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP look like fools again

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spot on. The sad thing, the really sad thing is we all know that a vast tranche of UKIP's policies are nasty and/or insane. Ditto the candidates. And yet they still poll around 15% of the intended votes. People are seriously pissed off with the 'old' parties (and it's not just disaffected Tories) if they can look at UKIP and go "Yup".

Correct. Their support is going to be made up of people (rightly) panicking and directly affected by thousands of unskilled Romanians and Bulgarians turning up here and undercutting the indigenous population by working for minimum wage (or less, illegally) while living 20 people per 3 bed house for a short period of time before leaving again.

Unfortunately, as we have seen all too frequently, the people who have set their stall out to address this issue are like the donkeys leading the first world war lions. They are posh "tweed, pint and fag" pillocks with dubious morals, who are prepared to decimate British industry by completely pulling up the EU drawbridge (where 60% of our exports end up) rather than properly address the underlying issue for the fearful semi-skilled working class Brit - that allowing workers in uncontrolled from poor countries might be good for middle classes and big industry, but ruins life for those less fortunate.

And considering their party size, the frequency of stories highlighting financial fraud and racist sound bites beggars belief. That's a fact - far too many absolute twats in their ranks.

But let's be clear about this - Labour and the coalition have BOTH let down this core UKIP vote, and badly. Labour by arrogantly insisting there was never a problem and flippantly failing to bother with trivialities like border controls. Who cares as long as Dianne Abbott can still send her kids to private school?

And the Tories/Lib Dem have been piss poor too. Reacting like kids when it became clear UKIP were predominantly eating into their vote. "Look at us standing up for Britain" as they pointlessly objected to Juncker's appointment as EU commissioner. Trounced 26-2 in the vote and as if that was ever the sort of "standing up for Britain" people wanted to see. No. People want fast, constructive pan-European dialogue to address the issue of millions of cheap migrant workers landing on our doorstep, not standing in the way of Juncker being appointed over some tedious triviality.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What financial fraud has Ben Duncan committed?

He unwisely and pretty repugnantly shot his mouth off about the British armed forces, and was disciplined by his party.......
.....and that misunderstanding about his light hearted rape comment......

Still we've all said daft things from time to time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Are other parties (voters) really in a position to to bring up dodgy expense claims?

I think the main point is that UKIP really went to town in the past on the issue, and claimed they were "different". It's rank hypocrisy.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
. No. People want fast, constructive pan-European dialogue to address the issue of millions of cheap migrant workers landing on our doorstep, not standing in the way of Juncker being appointed over some tedious triviality.

....and some forward planning for the real possibility that populous nations like Ukraine and Turkey ( combined 120 million) are likely to enter the EU in the next 20 years.......... that will make the 600k Polish migrant numbers look like chicken feed by comparison.

D

Deleted member 22389

You do realise UKIP are just another "same old political party" though right? They are a neo liberal, pro austerity party made up almost exclusively of ex torys. How do you figure that is any different to what we've already got? Because they have tougher policies on immigration and promise a referendum? And that makes them so different because...? Genuine question. I want to know why you think they are any different when all evidence points to contrary.

You make a fair point and I know UKIP are morphing in to another "same old political party", I also understand UKIP will never run this country but I like UKIP for a few reasons. I like the idea of a Referendum on the EU, I like the idea of this visa system, and I like the idea of drastically cutting the numbers from the EU, and I like the straight talking from people like Farage, he sounds more in touch than the other three put together. I get passion from Farage which I don't get from the other leaders.

I know the Tories will offer us that referendum which could trigger everything else, but it will just end up like the Scottish vote. All we will hear about is why we should stay in, with absolutely no balance, because Cameron is only trying to please his own voters and the people he has lost to UKIP. I also know there will absolutely nothing from the Labour party, not a word about the EU, which is a shame because I have always voted Labour, but I just can't stand them anymore.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the main point is that UKIP really went to town in the past on the issue, and claimed they were "different". It's rank hypocrisy.

At least they've held their hands up whilst the Tories are doing naff all about Lord Green.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If you hold yourself up as party which differs from the others as fresh and honest then you have set a special standard for yourself and deserve to suffer proportionally if you act in a way which reflects what many see as old-style corruption. It’s like the damage that was inflicted on Major’s Tories by the avalanche of sex scandals that followed his ‘back to basics’ campaign. It would also apply if a Green Party candidate spent a fortune on gas guzzling limos.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No one is defending it. A member of the party was out of line and the party acted on it, exactly as any other party has. Yet you single out UKIP for 'looking like fools'. Why?

Ukip seem to deal with the wrong uns very swiftly, unlike the other parties who back their mates until their position becomes untenable. Glad ukip are getting rid of the plums pre election. I daresay the media will sniff out a few more from ukip whilst ignoring those destined for power.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
A few more? lol...thats optimistic...
Will they be getting rid of the MEP who told the EU parliament that we need more Carbon Dioxide for the crops to grow? Or just the criminals, racists and bigots?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You make a fair point and I know UKIP are morphing in to another "same old political party", I also understand UKIP will never run this country but I like UKIP for a few reasons. I like the idea of a Referendum on the EU, I like the idea of this visa system, and I like the idea of drastically cutting the numbers from the EU, and I like the straight talking from people like Farage, he sounds more in touch than the other three put together. I get passion from Farage which I don't get from the other leaders.

I know the Tories will offer us that referendum which could trigger everything else, but it will just end up like the Scottish vote. All we will hear about is why we should stay in, with absolutely no balance, because Cameron is only trying to please his own voters and the people he has lost to UKIP. I also know there will absolutely nothing from the Labour party, not a word about the EU, which is a shame because I have always voted Labour, but I just can't stand them anymore.

Let's be clear here - there will be no straight in / out referendum from the Tories. They have already been very careful how they have phrased the promise - it will only take place after a re-negoication. I think we all know what the EU will say when CMD rocks up saying 'OK, let's change things' - so no re-negociation ergo no referendum.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Please could you provide me a political party that hasn't had to suspend people for dodgy expense claims, fraud, assault or other criminal behaviour ?
But people keep saying they're voting for UKIP becuase they're different to the other parties, an alternative.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But people keep saying they're voting for UKIP becuase they're different to the other parties, an alternative.

Not me, I'm voting for them purely because I don't trust the Tories to hold an in out referendum.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
But willing to give y our trust to a party that on a weekly basis, has to suspend a counciller, election candidate over either racism, financial irregularities or just plaini lunacy?

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's be clear here - there will be no straight in / out referendum from the Tories. They have already been very careful how they have phrased the promise - it will only take place after a re-negoication. I think we all know what the EU will say when CMD rocks up saying 'OK, let's change things' - so no re-negociation ergo no referendum.

If they don't offer it, they shouldn't complain when support for UKIP starts going through the roof because the Tories would have lied. Didn't Cameron offer us something special before and then it never materialised?

Labours idea is even worse, we would only get a referendum if enough powers went over, which means never with the Labour party.

Jan 30, 2008
I know you will. Most UKIP voters don't care what the party do as long as ex public schoolboy and city banker Nige is pictured with a fag and a pint and keeps hating darkies you'll see him as the man of the people no matter how much he and his party members steal from you. Rather sad really.
Ha ha what a din , time to reclaim our country back , vote UKIP
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here