I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Semi Final Two
===

Only Fools & Horses
- 1981-2003, 64 episodes

1700481963211.png

Has Del Boy had it a bit too cushty so far? Will the Peckham Posse come unstuck?

===

Blackadder (all series) -
1982-1999, 26 episodes

1700482324230.png

Could a weaker Series 1 hold it back from the grand prize?

VOTE NOW!

UKCC24 - Group Stage Round Up
UKCC24 - R16 Round Up

Can't be arsed to do a separate thread for Quarter Final Round Up;

Fawlty Towers battered Not The Nine O'Clock News (150 - 37)
Father Ted squeaked past I'm Alan Partridge (145 - 117)
Only Fools and Horses beat The Fast Show (154 - 103)
Blackadder made short work of The Office (204 - 73)

Jimmy Grimble

8EF924F9-DD4E-4FA9-BC0C-426F7681DF6F.jpeg

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I went Blackadder, I do not think there are any bad episodes and I include the much maligned first series in that. I also love OFAH, an iconic sit com that I can happily return to time after time

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
OFAH for me.
The quality of the writing and acting over a sustained period is unrivalled in my humble opinion.
OFAH had a golden period and some of it was undoubtedly very funny, but there was an awful lot of absolute shite there too. So much so that OFAH nearly didn't get past a second series.

By contrast, there is literally not a single unfunny Blackadder episode in 4 series (and that is despite the first one being a very different type of comedy from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th).

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Come on NSC, let’s avoid some prehistoric OFAH vs Fawlty Towers ‘bah comedy finished 30 years ago grumble grumble’ final. We can still save this.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Growing up in Australia, Blackadder was a staple in our home as it was shown by Aussie channels. OFAH ... I had no idea until I arrived in the UK, have watched a few episodes and found it amusing without being compelling. International appeal tips it for me anyway, Blackadder got my vote.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Erm, how is Blackadder any more modern than OFAH?
Funny that - I always thought of Blackadder as being slightly more modern but then checked the dates.

I guess the argument is that Only Fools prime was earlier than Blackadder's.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
[puts tin hat on] The first series “The” Black Adder was one of my favourite and funniest comedies ever shown on TV and making the lead character thick and Baldrick the smart one worked a treat.
The other three series were nowhere near as funny.

[there I’ve said it]

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Fools and horses all day long while Blackadder is a worthy semi finalist and it’s final episode was and will remain one of the finest moving moments of comedy and pathos rolled into one and the Elizabeth series was very good while the rest was so so in my opinion while fools and horses was consistently funny and still stands the test of time with endless repeats

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody is wrong or right here - these are two fine comedies.

I've gone OFAH because of the sheer number of unforgettable comedy moments: Jolly Boys Outing, falling through the bar, dropped chandelier, Batman and Robin, stopwatch auction, Delboy hangliding, inflatable dolls, Trigger's Broom, Grandad and The Dukes of Hazzard, Peckham Spring to name but a few.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[puts tin hat on] The first series “The” Black Adder was one of my favourite and funniest comedies ever shown on TV and making the lead character thick and Baldrick the smart one worked a treat.
The other three series were nowhere near as funny.

[there I’ve said it]
I think the first series isn't as dated as 2, 3 & 4 - because right now I'd probably agree. But at the time, the later series felt like upgrades.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I went Blackadder, I do not think there are any bad episodes and I include the much maligned first series in that. I also love OFAH, an iconic sit com that I can happily return to time after time
That's pretty much exctly how I feel

Went Blackadder in the end - IMO the second series was somewhat weaker than the others, but still had some brilliant episodes (think 'Bob' and Lord Flashart...)

This would have made a worthy final.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Funny that - I always thought of Blackadder as being slightly more modern but then checked the dates.

I guess the argument is that Only Fools prime was earlier than Blackadder's.
Presumably depends on which episodes you think of as being prime Only Fools.
Having just had a quick look on Wikipedia, the Jolly Boys Outing, Danger UXD (the exploding inflatable dolls one), Yuppy Love (falling through the bar), Stage Fright (Tony Angelino singing Crying), and Mother Nature's Son (aka Peckham Spring) were all 1989 or later.

Having said all that, Grandad shits all over Uncle Albert. :lolol:

In any case, the four options in the semi finals are all up there for me so I'm not all that bothered by which actually wins. Will you be doing a 3rd place play off?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here