Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Schoolgirl killed in Syria

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Well done Bushy, Alfred or whatever you are called. You've just managed to dig up an example of a story that shows a family member complicit. Like we didn't all know there were examples of family members that have led their children astray. Give yourself a gold star. You can go out to play early.
A " family member " ?? It was one of the three girls FATHER you imbecile , and it didn't take much "digging up" either .

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
She grew disillusioned with Isis? How can this be.? I thought beheadings,burning people in cages,crucifying people and other horrific death videos is what excited her and her friends in the first place?

That is exactly what ISIS is all about,utter blood curdling stuff.
Maybe there wasn't enough of that? She joined up because she thought it was going to be all beheading infidels and chucking depraved homosexuals off towers (with the odd bit of cultural desecration thrown in), and then she discovered that as a woman in a strict Islamic society her job was to do the home-making and shag the fighters.

And yes it IS extremely sad that a young girl's life can be so totally ruined by any number of factors, but like most my overriding feeling is that there's one less potential suicide bomber for the Authorities to keep an eye on. Obviously someone must be held to account, and whilst Trump thinks it's all Obama's fault being a bit old-school I prefer to blame Bush and, oh I dunno, Thatcher.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Perhaps when a member of your family is affected by something that is due to a breakdown in society you will be asking what can be done and then you'll become annoyed at comments on social media that shrug off any sense of responsibility.

You do live by the sword and die by the sword. Sometimes that sword is a blunt instrument like a bomb or a gun. Sometimes it is something more subtle, like a policy.

It is hard to find sympathy, but it isn't hard to reflect and ask questions.

Yes, this is valid comment, to an extent. I think it is wise to treat each situation on its merits - of course it may be a policy which affects someone negatively, and then what you might perceive as wild criticism on social media makes it worse. In this case, I find it hard to accept that en masse we should be looking for solutions; what breakdown in society should we be we thinking of? It implies that somehow society is at fault, which is the fashionable view - nothing is ever your fault, and so we look to others to blame. What question should we be asking ourselves - you and I - if someone ignores all the warnings and is intent on going to Syria, however immature and irresponsible they are?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
A " family member " ?? It was one of the three girls FATHER you imbecile , and it didn't take much "digging up" either .

You really are a prize tool aren't you. As I said, there will be some family members and friends of the girls and of other young people that have travelled to places like Syria that will be asking very real questions about what went wrong. Do a little more digging and you'll find them. Perhaps you should start asking some questions, but my sense is that you don't want to as you'd prefer to find an easy answer. Well, there isn't one.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 182

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Says she died from a Russian air strike but sadly her death was caused by the actions of her putting herself into the line of fire.

Had she survived, who's to say that her next "assignment" might have been to detonate a suicide bomb at an EFL football match around Christmas.

I'm not sad, nor happy - just disappointed that we live in an environment that has enabled this to happen.

Will it ever end?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You really are a prize tool aren't you. As I said, there will be some family members and friends of the girls and of other young people that have travelled to places like Syria that will be asking very real questions about what went wrong. Do a little more digging and you'll find them. Perhaps you should start asking some questions, but my sense is that you don't want to as you'd prefer to find an easy answer. Well, there isn't one.
Oh do fvck off , you're not seriously expecting people to believe that , what you really meant is what went wrong on OUR part, yet again, what could WE have done to make them feel more welcome and included (apart from, housing, healthcare, education etc ) to stop these poor disenfranchised little lambs from going to Syria.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
She was a terrorist and got what she deserved and saved the tax payers (Us) hundreds of thousands of pounds if she had returned so she could breed.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The fashionable view seems to be to not blame this individual because she may have been influenced by others. To those that hold this view I would ask do you ever hold anyone responsible for anything ? Anyone who joins a sectarian, homophobic, fascist organisation like she did deserves everything they got. I hold her responsible even if others do not.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Looking at it objectively though, she is a byproduct of the Bush Blair war.

I would guess that she was from a Sunni background so she would have grown up through childhood with resentment of the West within her environment.

All the blood and gore of ISIS can be more than matched in pictures and videos of the Iraq aftermath. When she was groomed by outsiders she would have been shown more of the coalition atrocities and propaganda than the ones committed by ISIS.

Its one thing acting within international law after 9/11, but an illegal invasion and destruction of a country has given Sunni Islam a reason to celebrate the Bin Laden attack on the US.

Even after what she did, Blair and Bush are comfortably worse.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Looking at it objectively though, she is a byproduct of the Bush Blair war.

I would guess that she was from a Sunni background so she would have grown up through childhood with resentment of the West within her environment.

All the blood and gore of ISIS can be more than matched in pictures and videos of the Iraq aftermath. When she was groomed by outsiders she would have been shown more of the coalition atrocities and propaganda than the ones committed by ISIS.

Its one thing acting within international law after 9/11, but an illegal invasion and destruction of a country has given Sunni Islam a reason to celebrate the Bin Laden attack on the US.

Even after what she did, Blair and Bush are comfortably worse.

Don't you ever stop? When are we going to say that the time has now come to bin this excuse? 10 Years? 20 Years? You are making a massive and convenient assumption as to her background, which may or may not be true. If what you say is true, then the family expressing shock, as they all did in 2015, is a total sham. What is abundantly clear, is that she has been received in a country which values tolerance and given every opportunity; health care, education, material well-being, access to information etc etc, and this all has been thrown in our face. On a very simplistic level, if there is as much hatred towards the west, as you constantly harp on about, why do millions from the Middle East risk all to get to Europe?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Oh do fvck off , you're not seriously expecting people to believe that , what you really meant is what went wrong on OUR part, yet again, what could WE have done to make them feel more welcome and included (apart from, housing, healthcare, education etc ) to stop these poor disenfranchised little lambs from going to Syria.

You're so tetchy aren't you. Don't look to me to start your own personal little world war for you. Go blow it out your arse mate.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
She was clearly not stupid - her school reports show that. Naive? Most definitely - brainwashed certainly. Brave to undertake what her misguided convictions compelled - surely. Tragic - ultimately and that's the fault of a lot of people on both sides. This shitstorm is not one sided.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One has to look at the events that led up to 9/11 and other atrocities to understand why someone may be radicalised. The Bin Laden family have for decades been a huge building contracting firm. Osama Bin Laden was a brother in a hugely wealthy family until two refugee camps were set upon and all the inhabitants massacred. This is what turned Bin Laden from a member of a family of building contractors into a malignant, murderous terrorist.
That's not any excuse for what the man did and I abhore his reaction. As many rightly do.
He had the money to then launch a full scale assault on the western world.
When potential extremists are targeted, this is the history they are told.
I stress I absolutely do not condone his actions or the subsequent war on western civilisation but this is one example that is used to radicalise people.
A big, sorry mess, the lot of it.

Edit: to clarify, Osama bin laden had for a long time been involved with fighting with and arming anti western militia, it was not an overnight transformation.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here