Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] UK Championship snooker 2022

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Four days in and there's been some terrific performances from the top players - Ronnie O'Sullivan, Kyren Wilson, Ding Junhui, Jack Lisowski - and quite a few shocks as well.

You can't beat BBC snooker with excellent top pundits of Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, John Parrott, Ken Doherty and John Virgo. It's very much sit on the sofa with a cup of tea and a packet of Digestives on a wet Tuesday afternoon and signed off from work.

Who's going to win it? The head says Ronnie but the heart says Jack Lisowski, a player who's never won a ranking event but in cracking form and a lad who's been through a hell of a lot in his life with his health. 40/1 was too good to resist before the tournament.

It definitely beats watching the start of a corrupt World Cup, that's for sure. :coffee:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ronnie, Selby must be loving the other top 10 players falling out of the tournament.

Judd in a tough game at the moment.

Zhou Yuelong was very good yesterday, it could be him. But basically wide open

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mark Selby thankfully knocked out by Hossein Vafaei 6-4.

What a tremendous match. Very tense at the end. Vafaei now up against Jackpot in the last 16.

Iran beats England. I have a feeling that could happen again in a different sport soon. 🤣

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed just sitting down and watching the Snooker over the last few days, it's just such a pleasant thing to sit down and watch. Very quiet, very gentle and all the matches I've seen so far have been competitive and to a high standard. Judd winning a final frame decider with a ton break was cool, but Vafaei knocking out Selby was excellent to watch. Looking forward to seeing what we've got in store today but I won't be having any bets.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's quarter-final day and some cracking matches in store.

Mark Allen v Sam Craigie
Jack Lisowski v Shaun Murphy
Joe Perry v Tom Ford
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junhui

The two highlighted should be fascinating clashes. Rocket Ronnie plays this afternoon and is striking the ball as well as at anytime in his career. The man is a genius. Tonight's match between Lisowski/Murphy has the potential to be a blockbuster if Murphy's strained neck does not affect him.

Bring 'em on!!! (y)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's quarter-final day and some cracking matches in store.

Mark Allen v Sam Craigie
Jack Lisowski v Shaun Murphy
Joe Perry v Tom Ford
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ding Junhui

The two highlighted should be fascinating clashes. Rocket Ronnie plays this afternoon and is striking the ball as well as at anytime in his career. The man is a genius. Tonight's match between Lisowski/Murphy has the potential to be a blockbuster if Murphy's strained neck does not affect him.

Bring 'em on!!! (y)
The Pistol v Craigie
Jackpot v The Magician
The Gentleman v Tender
The Rocket v Pot Noodle

Agreed, looks a cracking lineup, the two you have mentioned particularly Jackpot against The Magician should be a ripsnorter, can't pick it. Lovely to see Pot Noodle back near his best also.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The Pistol v Craigie
Jackpot v The Magician
The Gentleman v Tender
The Rocket v Pot Noodle

Agreed, looks a cracking lineup, the two you have mentioned particularly Jackpot against The Magician should be a ripsnorter, can't pick it. Lovely to see Pot Noodle back near his best also.
cultural appropriation ?

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wow! What a start by Ding. He has taken the first four frames and you can get nearly 4/1 on Ronnie turning this match around. I wouldn't be surprised if he did but he needs one visit breaks and Ding has to start feeling the pressure.

I really love snooker. ❤

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Had a feeling with Ronnie’s demeanour this week that as soon as the going gets tough he’d throw in the towel, looked like can’t be bothered ever since he missed that black off the spot in frame 2.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I have thoroughly enjoyed just sitting down and watching the Snooker over the last few days, it's just such a pleasant thing to sit down and watch. Very quiet, very gentle and all the matches I've seen so far have been competitive and to a high standard. Judd winning a final frame decider with a ton break was cool, but Vafaei knocking out Selby was excellent to watch. Looking forward to seeing what we've got in store today but I won't be having any bets.
Anybody knocking out Selby is a wonderful watch.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Had a feeling with Ronnie’s demeanour this week that as soon as the going gets tough he’d throw in the towel, looked like can’t be bothered ever since he missed that black off the spot in frame 2.
He's had such a brilliant and busy year with his record-equalling seventh world crown that I think he's mentally exhausted. Ronnie will be back. Snooker needs him.

Joe Perry to make the final. As for the top half of the draw I'm not going to make any predictions......

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Some of the best snooker I have ever seen from Jack Lisowski to lead 4-0 at the interval. Three centuries in a row - that is just mind-blowing! He makes shots look ridiculously easy. Already I am dreaming of him winning the title and a monster payout! A lot of snooker to play though.

The magician's wand has gone a bit floppy so far tonight.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Jack Lisowski safely through to the semi-finals with a stunning 6-1 win over Shaun Murphy. Jackpot hit four centuries, Magician one - in the frame he got! Amazing stuff.

Could be a big shock on the other table as Sam Craigie leads Mark Allen 4-2.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Here's the proof of my bet on Jack Lisowski - £20 each way @ 40/1. If he wins the UK Championship I'll pocket a cool £1,640. Runner-up and a useful £420.

Some serious bet covering tomorrow.............
20221118_213259.jpg

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Here's the proof of my bet on Jack Lisowski - £20 each way @ 40/1. If he wins the UK Championship I'll pocket a cool £1,640. Runner-up and a useful £420.

Some serious bet covering tomorrow.............View attachment 153800
Mate, the way jack was playing today, maybe you don't need to.
Anyway, congrats on the bet!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mate, the way jack was playing today, maybe you don't need to.
Anyway, congrats on the bet!
A bit early for that mate! I'm praying that Sam Craigie gets through and I can stick £100 on him to win the semi otherwise I'll put correct scores on Mark Allen to win 6-4 or 6-5. Snooker can be a very cruel and hard sport! :oops:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Decided to be a wimp and put £200 on Mark Allen @ 4/5 just to win tonight. Peace of mind. I feel much more relaxed now.

Bronze medal - Jack Lisowski loses tonight (£350).
Silver medal - Jack Lisowski is runner-up (£420).
Gold medal - Jack Lisowski wins the tournament (£1,640).

Let's get the boys on the baize!

Semi-finals
Ding Junhui v Tom Ford - 1pm.
Mark Allen v Jack Lisowski - 7pm.

Attachments

• 20221119_120428.jpg
    20221119_120428.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 18

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The two commentary goats, John Virgo and Stephen Hendry on comms tonight for this tight match between Allen and Lisowski.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here