Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] UFO:s & aliens

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The films that have extra terrestrials invading the Earth but get beaten by us are a bit ridiculous.
If they have faster than light travel technology, then any battle would be like machine guns against a pea shooter.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Which is why we haven't been VISITED yet. There might be things out there, but they won't have got anywhere near here yet.

"Yet"? Its not like its a different country...if there is intelligent life somewhere out there, they could potentially be 500 million (or whatever number) years ahead of us in technological development. Impossible to know, but very unlikely that the guys over att planet Gorak X37 were riding Trabants fifty years ago; it would be a completely different world. The universe is supposedly 10+ billion plus years old and we've supposedly been around for 200 000 years.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
"Yet"? Its not like its a different country...if there is intelligent life somewhere out there, they could potentially be 500 million (or whatever number) years ahead of us in technological development. Impossible to know, but very unlikely that the guys over att planet Gorak X37 were riding Trabants fifty years ago; it would be a completely different world. The universe is supposedly 10+ billion plus years old and we've supposedly been around for 200 000 years.

The films that have extra terrestrials invading the Earth but get beaten by us are a bit ridiculous.
If they have faster than light travel technology, then any battle would be like machine guns against a pea shooter.

Yeah... if you reach that point of technological development it would seem likely that you would be able to do it in an easier manner as well. Like the way we use bug spray. Or mind control us and us as sex slaves or miners or whatever they would be horny for. Or perhaps most potential creatures out in space would have no clue about the concept of war and violence - that part could just be some human, twisted projection.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They also may have a Star Trek federation policy of observing but not interfering and making themselves known on a civilisation which is a long way behind them.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The ancient Sumerian civilization which emerged 7000 years ago in Mesopotamia knew all about aliens, they called them the Annunaki.
The clay tablets the Sumerians left behind describe how the Annunaki came to earth and created homo sapiens by the genetic engineering of earlier humanoid forms. That is why no-one has been able to find the missing link, it also explains the creation stories like Adam & Eve etc. Fascinating subject if you open your minds. How did the Sumerians know about Pluto?

If you need proof of advanced technology in the past then look at the giant pyramids of Giza (and Bosnia) or the way the ancient walls of Peru etc were built, we couldn't do that today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The clay tablets the Sumerians left behind describe how the Annunaki came to earth and created homo sapiens by the genetic engineering of earlier humanoid forms. That is why no-one has been able to find the missing link, it also explains the creation stories like Adam & Eve etc.

Its possible, but what would be the purpose?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
With such a vast universe it would be stupid to think that we are the only habited plant.
It is because of this vastness that nothing is coming or has come here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which is why we haven't been VISITED yet. There might be things out there, but they won't have got anywhere near here yet.

That was my first point, before I made the mistake of engaging with 'believers'. I also used to foolishly engage with the 'god is in us' brigade. Schoolboy error.

There are those who maintain it is good to 'believe' without evidence, as an 'act of faith'. Clearly the rest of us have nothing to discuss with them (unless they are 'recruiting', in which case the answer is 'bugger off').

There are others who beieve but also feel the need to label things as evidence (or worse, 'proof'). You don't need proof to support a belief. This is like religious type who feel the need to lable things as 'signs from god' or wose, 'miracles'. OK, mate.

There is no evidence for the existence of extraterrestrials, let alone that they pay us visits. Fact. If someone has actual evidence, why not share it, rather than spark up a massive spliff and nod sagely? And please note, the url of a conspiracy web site, now taken down, is not evidence :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With such a vast universe it would be stupid to think that we are the only habited plant.
It is because of this vastness that nothing is coming or has come here.

Not 'stupid', but I would agree that it would be jumping the gun, and rather pointless musing, exactly because of your second point with which I agree, and would add 'and never will' for reasons discussed earlier (in points that someone was moved to describe as old bollocks - presumably as a joke).

boik

That was my first point, before I made the mistake of engaging with 'believers'. I also used to foolishly engage with the 'god is in us' brigade. Schoolboy error.

There are those who maintain it is good to 'believe' without evidence, as an 'act of faith'. Clearly the rest of us have nothing to discuss with them (unless they are 'recruiting', in which case the answer is 'bugger off').

There are others who beieve but also feel the need to label things as evidence (or worse, 'proof'). You don't need proof to support a belief. This is like religious type who feel the need to lable things as 'signs from god' or wose, 'miracles'. OK, mate.

There is no evidence for the existence of extraterrestrials, let alone that they pay us visits. Fact. If someone has actual evidence, why not share it, rather than spark up a massive spliff and nod sagely? And please note, the url of a conspiracy web site, now taken down, is not evidence :wink:

It's the same when trying to argue with believers in spiritualism. There is no genuine evidence, but people interpret things they don't understand as evidence to support their belief. Aliens and people from the other side could both give us conclusive proof in a heartbeat, and yet they don't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's the same when trying to argue with believers in spiritualism. There is no genuine evidence, but people interpret things they don't understand as evidence to support their belief. Aliens and people from the other side could both give us conclusive proof in a heartbeat, and yet they don't.

:lolol: And when you ask why there is no proof they say that to demand proof is to deny faith (I think John Cleese satirised it in a speech in Life of Brian).

I sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable crushing the heart-felt dreams of self-deluded, but they seem to bounce back quickly, delusions intact. Right, actual work becons...:thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

So your point is the same that the guy who insinuated that "they" dont have the technology for this, so they cant visit us yet. Are you honestly not able to see the flawed logics in this? That "they", if existing, could been a totally different stage of technological development?

As for evidence, it is possible that things exist without evidence being publicly available to everyone. Its called classified information, you can google it if you want a sense of it. There are also most likely also things that exist but havent been proven at this point.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable crushing the heart-felt dreams of self-deluded, but they seem to bounce back quickly, delusions intact. Right, actual work becons...:thumbsup:

Dealing with mouldy academics is as hopeless. Always dogmatic, always condescending. Always the same. They've read some books, get on their high horses and believe themselves to be all-knowiing, either unaware or, hopefully, unbothered that a lot of people understand that "yes, you did the reading, but you didnt do the thinking".

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sorely missed

christopher-hitchens-evidence.jpg

boik

So your point is the same that the guy who insinuated that "they" dont have the technology for this, so they cant visit us yet. Are you honestly not able to see the flawed logics in this? That "they", if existing, could been a totally different stage of technological development?

As for evidence, it is possible that things exist without evidence being publicly available to everyone. Its called classified information, you can google it if you want a sense of it. There are also most likely also things that exist but havent been proven at this point.

Of course they might have such technology. But so far all of Einsteins (and others) observations of how the universe basically works have stood up to all scrutiny. For Aliens to have got here, they must have such technology (unlikely, but impossible to rule out) and then decided to aim for for our little spot from millions of light years away and probably millions of years ago. In fact they would almost have certainly have to have set out long before there were any humans to aim for, and certainly long before there were any signals from a seemingly deserted planet to attract them.

Not 100% impossible, but so close that I am happy to rule it out unless presented with any evidence.

Enjoy your daydreams.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not 100% impossible, but so close that I am happy to rule it out unless presented with any evidence.

Enjoy your daydreams.

Considering the alleged size and age of universe, it seem a lot more possible than impossible, as I see it. But lets agree to disagree.

And thank you, I will

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dealing with mouldy academics is as hopeless. Always dogmatic, always condescending. Always the same. They've read some books, get on their high horses and believe themselves to be all-knowiing, either unaware or, hopefully, unbothered that a lot of people understand that "yes, you did the reading, but you didnt do the thinking".

Many academics are mouldy (some are positively crusty) but without them we’d still be living in mud huts dying from minor cuts and ailments.

Just because you don’t like someone’s opinion\ view which in this case is based on laws of physics doesn’t mean you can be a ****.
It’s the same laws that allow you to have a phone, the internet and all other mod cons. You can’t have both ways!

It’s like flat earthers. If the world was flat your smart phone wouldn’t work, doesn’t stop them using one and many other forms of technology based upon satellites comms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boik

Considering the alleged size and age of universe, it seem a lot more possible than impossible, as I see it. But lets agree to disagree.

And thank you, I will

That sounds like you think I'm saying that aliens don't exist, which I haven't ruled out at all. I'm just saying that they haven't been here yet IF they exist. If you think it's more possible that they have visited than they haven't then I think you're seriously deluded. Your argument about the size of the universe makes it LESS possible that any have visited rather than MORE possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here