Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U21/23 players Odeluga Offiah

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anyone you think could be pushing for the 1st team this season? With the new boys starting in the EFL cup last night a few of the U23s played and were on the bench and by all accounts played very well,I'd liked to have seen a bit more of Odeluga Offiah as I've a inkling he's going to become a excellent player by the time next season starts and I hope we offer him a improved contract to keep him in the mix,when you look at our academy and 25 man squad we really do have strength in depth,so who's your tip for a future star in the making from the academy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone you think could be pushing for the 1st team this season? With the new boys starting in the EFL cup last night a few of the U23s played and were on the bench and by all accounts played very well,I'd liked to have seen a bit more of Odeluga Offiah as I've a inkling he's going to become a excellent player by the time next season starts and I hope we offer him a improved contract to keep him in the mix,when you look at our academy and 25 man squad we really do have strength in depth,so who's your tip for a future star in the making from the academy.

Nowhere near ready based on last night IMO………….FGR were able to expose him down their left when he came on. Also one of the least enthusiastic ‘warmer-uppers’ I’ve ever seen :shrug:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I suppose, what I would say is that any of our academy players are likely to have at least a year's loan (more likely 2 and maybe 3) before playing significant time in league for the first team.

Obviously there are those there I have particular hopes for. Ferguson, obvs, but also Moran. Peupion seems to impress every time i've seen him. As for Offiah, maybe it's harder for a defender to shine at that level or maybe they don't yet have the physical strength, but it's great they they are getting these first team games to shine in the cup, and I, as you, OP, wish the lad every success with us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He signed a new contract on Jan 31st - up until June 2024 ( with I presume an undisclosed club option of a further year ).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He’s too one footed atm that forces him to pass back to the keeper when turning back. When he’s confident on his left foot he’ll be more of a Potter player.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021

Saw him against Leeds in under 23’s end of last season and he stood out a lot. Very strong and confident player. Hopefully one for the future.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Zak Emmerson was very good the couple times I’ve seen him. Ferguson and Moran the bigger names but I think we’ll finally have some forward players come through in a couple years. Sadly some of the other most promising young players decided to go rot at bigger clubs. Was a midfielder and a left back for starters.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OFFIAH AGREES NEW DEAL AND LOAN MOVE

Odel Offiah has signed a new contract that runs until June 2025.

The defender will now join Scottish Premiership side Hearts on a season-long loan.

Technical director David Weir said, “Odel has been around the first team picture for a while now, but we want him to get regular minutes.

“It was great for us to have another academy graduate get their first taste of Premier League football last season, something Odel had earned and we’re looking forward to seeing how he adapts to this new challenge in Scotland. We wish him the best of luck for the season.”

The 20-year-old joined us from Bromley in 2017 and progressed through our academy before making his first team debut against Cardiff City in the Carabao Cup in 2021.

He made his Premier League debut in April 2023 against Nottingham Forest.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

The defender will now join Scottish Premiership side Hearts on a season-long loan.

Technical director David Weir said, “Odel has been around the first team picture for a while now, but we want him to get regular minutes.

“It was great for us to have another academy graduate get their first taste of Premier League football last season, something Odel had earned and we’re looking forward to seeing how he adapts to this new challenge in Scotland. We wish him the best of luck for the season.”

The 20-year-old joined us from Bromley in 2017 and progressed through our academy before making his first team debut against Cardiff City in the Carabao Cup in 2021.

That tie up with Hibs is going well then.....

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Chariots might end up playing in the Europa Conference League group stage if Hearts can see off PAOK, over two legs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here