Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U-23 player (and first team debutant) profile - Ben Barclay

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I listened to El Presidente on the Brenford podcast (Love Radio) last night, as usual he came across very well and knowledgeable.

The podcast presenters were very interested in the similarity's between the way the clubs are run. El Presidente said twice that the loan rules are changing next season for U23Development players. Implying they would affect clubs like ours that buy young players with the end result of selling them on.

Does anyone know what these changes are and how they will affect us.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I listened to El Presidente on the Brenford podcast (Love Radio) last night, as usual he came across very well and knowledgeable.

The podcast presenters were very interested in the similarity's between the way the clubs are run. El Presidente said twice that the loan rules are changing next season for U23Development players. Implying they would affect clubs like ours that buy young players with the end result of selling them on.

Does anyone know what these changes are and how they will affect us.

I've posted about these before, in recent weeks, on here.

From what has been reported, it is likely that there will be sufficient get-outs and allowances that the new rules will have practically no effect (ie the new regulations won't apply to players under a certain age and they won't apply to loans to clubs in the same country). So, it is only over-age players going abroad that are likely to be affected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here