Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury on R2 today.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Why have you got so protective of yourself on this thread? When have I stated that Boxers are boxers because they had no other choice?

This was the post which got you offended:

God knows how that lead to you mentioning what a high earner you are?

Boxing might teach discipline and perseverance but it clearly doesn't teach humbleness.

You stated Tyson is a boxer for a reason, and the reason you gave was because he had no education. Not the fact he has a talent. To me, that sounds like you are saying if you are thick, you do boxing instead. Yes, I take offence to that as a boxer. It's the same as saying, for example, someone is a binman for a reason. Tyson's education has absolutely nothing to with why he is a boxer.

Me mentioning my earning was not me gloating, if you knew me you'd know that. I was simply comparing it to my potential earnings had I chose a different path.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Clive Myrie got it right the man is a "dickhead"
just goes to show how power/money goes to some peoples heads

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, pro boxer.

Wow. Interesting. How does it work? Do you have a day job or do you make all your income from just fights? How often do you/can you fight a year? Apologies if I'm being nosey but I'm genuinely interested.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why does someone need to mention their earnings to prove their intelligence?

Pretty classless if you ask me.

I took his response to imply that boxing is a genuine career choice. Not the last resort you have suggested.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Least he speaks his mind unlike the politically correct society we live in :)

Very true. I don't like him, I don't agree with him, yet I find him fascinating. Whenever you listen to a sportsman get interviewed, especially a footballer post-match, you could pretty much answer on their behalf. But at least with Fury you don't know what he is going to say and that makes him interesting. I admit that I am prejudiced when it comes to travelers, as I have never met one that wasn't an absolute ****, but maybe I am starting to admire Fury just a little bit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wasnt there British Champion who had a university degree ????Piper? Which shows that some people with a good education do chose boxing as a career not because of their lack of education.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Boxer makes stupid comment - where's the story here please?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wasnt there British Champion who had a university degree ????Piper? Which shows that some people with a good education do chose boxing as a career not because of their lack of education.

Didn't Audley Harrison go to university as well?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Yes, pro boxer. To be honest, no one really takes him seriously, we know what he's like and he's certainly not going to change. We have seen him in interviews/press conferences a lot longer than most of the public has so can't be surprised by anything he says or does. He's very entertaining inside and outside of the ring and has people talking about Boxing which can only be a good thing.

I don't agree with his views but I think they are very much the Gypsy culture. See Billy Joe Saunders, also a Gypsy, who shares very similar views.

On a different note, do you think Whyte is overpriced on Saturday? 8/1 seems great value and surely worth a score

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Me mentioning my earning was not me gloating, if you knew me you'd know that. I was simply comparing it to my potential earnings had I chose a different path.

What level are you fighting at?
Money in Boxing isn't actually that good unless you're hitting European level. OF course you can earn a living off boxing if you fight domestically but it's certainly not worth bragging about it on NSC.

Nonetheless, it's always good to hear of a successful boxer coming out of Brighton. Other than Lloyd Ellett (Albion fan) and Chris Eubank jr, I don't know of any other semi successful Brighton boxers. I'm assuming you're one of the two?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here