Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury on R2 today.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I just find him to be a complete tool & look forward to the day he gets knocked the fvck out, preferably by Joshua. Now that I would pay to see, so ironically he is good for boxing, in a way.
He got lucky, his day will come, but he'll make money because a lot of people want to see him get beat up. Age old story of boxing.
You could say he's being clever, following the Joe Bugner style, but he ain't that clever, just a thick gob shite who got lucky.

Boxing though, bit like football, we all have our opinions!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just find him to be a complete tool & look forward to the day he gets knocked the fvck out, preferably by Joshua. Now that I would pay to see, so ironically he is good for boxing, in a way.
He got lucky, his day will come, but he'll make money because a lot of people want to see him get beat up. Age old story of boxing.
You could say he's being clever, following the Joe Bugner style, but he ain't that clever, just a thick gob shite who got lucky.

Boxing though, bit like football, we all have our opinions!

Agree with all of this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't realise he was at it again today.

He can't help himself. He's easy prey for a journalist; they just turn up for the interview and hand him a big shovel.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
SHOCK HORROR ……bloke who is basically an Irish Traveller spouts views on women and religion which are openly held views by the majority of Irish Travellers.

where were the offended and petitions and the righteous indignation a couple of weeks ago when these views were still prevalent amongst thousands ?

Much easier to single out one bloke for a witch hunt before moving on to the next witch hunt cause in a few weeks time that they also don’t really give a toss about, but like to appear "right on" about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
SHOCK HORROR ……bloke who is basically an Irish Traveller spouts views on women and religion which are openly held views by the majority of Irish Travellers.

where were the offended and petitions and the righteous indignation a couple of weeks ago when these views were still prevalent amongst thousands ?

Much easier to single out one bloke for a witch hunt before moving on to the next witch hunt cause in a few weeks time that they also don’t really give a toss about, but like to appear "right on" about.

I don't think any of us are shocked and I'm certainly not offended. More embarrassed by him.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Spot on, came across as faintly ridiculous to me, and of course those who hold those rather extreme Christian views on homosexuality are an easy target for ridicule because the vast majority of Christianity and the population at large have moved on from there. There is of course a major religion where the vast majority hold exactly the same views on homosexuality and women, but we've been manoeuvered into a situation where we aren't allowed to talk about, or criticise this because otherwise we will be persecuting them

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't think any of us are shocked and I'm certainly not offended. More embarrassed by him.

NSC (along with you) broadly have his number....a complete bore of a man .
My little hissy fit was aimed at those outside of NSC who are clueless twits.

but good for you for feeling guilty,and laying out the victim card so early

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
NSC (along with you) broadly have his number....a complete bore of a man .
My little hissy fit was aimed at those outside of NSC who are clueless twits.

but good for you for feeling guilty,and laying out the victim card so early

Guilty? Not for the first time I'll enquire as to what you are on about?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Spot on, came across as faintly ridiculous to me, and of course those who hold those rather extreme Christian views on homosexuality are an easy target for ridicule because the vast majority of Christianity and the population at large have moved on from there. There is of course a major religion where the vast majority hold exactly the same views on homosexuality and women, but we've been manoeuvered into a situation where we aren't allowed to talk about, or criticise this because otherwise we will be persecuting them

It is indeed madness and very odd when the majority in this country who are capable of moving progressively forward over time on issues such as homosexuality and misogyny are encouraged to stay quiet by our so called leaders and must not under any circumstances criticise a minority that hold these outdated views as sacrosanct.

The football league might finally be the right way up but common sense is upside down.

I get the feeling though people are waking up to the fact this attitude is mental.And the shouty minority that scream "thats racist.....so shut up" are thankfully finally on borrowed time

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Joshua a boring idiot ?Why ? And give him a liitle bit more experience and he'll destroy fury, thats if he wouldnt now.

Boring and manufactured. He fact he's no 2 in one of the divisions is laughable considering who he's (not) fought. Totally being fast tracked for Eddie Hearns wallet and I can't wait to see him on his arse once one lands on his chin. No chance he'd beat Fury now, in fact I even fancy Whyte to cause an upset Saturday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boring and manufactured. He fact he's no 2 in one of the divisions is laughable considering who he's (not) fought. Totally being fast tracked for Eddie Hearns wallet and I can't wait to see him on his arse once one lands on his chin. No chance he'd beat Fury now, in fact I even fancy Whyte to cause an upset Saturday.

I'm no expert but to a boxing layman like me, flabby Fury has taken advantage of a dearth in quality. If someone half decent comes along it's lights out. I hope this Joshua chap does it as he seems a decent bloke.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Whatever your opinion of Joshua I'd give the 'boring' epithet a rest right there. Fury / Klitschko has to be one of the dullest "fights" in living memory. There were better scraps in my school playground.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Didn't Joshua get done for drug dealing? That kind of thing is I'd imagine anything but dull. Besides which Joshua is exactly the kind of boxer that the heavyweight division needs. Someone who can take people out rather than dance around for 12 rounds landing the odd jab. Watching some of Mike Tyson's early fights shows that off nicely. I think he won his Olympic final or semi final in about 8 seconds. The amount of power he had was frightening. Whilst Joshua isn't in that league by a long way, he is the first fighter in a long while to remind me of Mike Tyson in his youth.

That said, PPV for the Whyte fight is laughable.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Didn't Joshua get done for drug dealing? That kind of thing is I'd imagine anything but dull.

He received an MBE for winning a gold medal a the Olymics before being caught drug dealing. Idiot rather than dull.

But hey, Antony Joshua is obviously the better role model because he hasn't mentioned any Religious shite.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He received an MBE for winning a gold medal a the Olymics before being caught drug dealing. Idiot rather than dull.

But hey, Antony Joshua is obviously the better role model because he hasn't mentioned any Religious shite.

It seems your logic in defending Fury is that others have done worse......and that's with me skipping from page one straight page 8 of this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here