Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tyler Adams

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't imagine somebody who plays for The Leeds United would even entertain a step down to a small club like us.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
@bozza Unless I’m going mad, you have changed your username to not the a capital b at the start - why?! Something which annoys me about my own account I made without realising what a username was etc back in the day… but I’m sure yours was always ‘Bozza’ - if I’m correct I’m a genius and am owed some Amazon vouchers or something - if I’m wrong ignore me…
Midlife crisis

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fixtures

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
YES PLEASE. I couldn't believe it when Leeds got him, I thought he'd be moving on to much bigger things. I really enjoyed watching RB in the Champs League and he stood out to me.

Seems like a good egg. I'm pretty sure he was US captain during the world cup at 22/23(?) and I remember him handling a press conference pretty well when he was asked about discrimination etc

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This Leeds fan can't seem to decide if Adams is any good or not. It's a strong opening to call him a flop in the article title, but does go on to make some interesting observations on Adams' strengths and weaknesses...

"Surprising £25m Brighton transfer focus emerges as they could be set for Leeds United flop"​
...yet...​
"Tyler Adams’ performances prior to his injury setback were enough to suggest that he should be worth a move back into the Premier League."​
"Bringing in a replacement means that Brighton have to find someone with the same strengths and profile, if De Zerbi still wants to play the same way – baiting teams into pressing high, allowing Caicedo and co to play around them and through the initial pressure. The problem here is that Adams never demonstrated that part of the game with Leeds, despite being tidy on the ball, that progression on the ball was more or less left to Marc Roca and the defence to sort out."​
"Adams was brilliant for Leeds and deserves a PL move, but he could be about to flop if he goes to the AMEX, where the demands of De Zerbi’s style will potentially expose the shortcomings of Adams’ use of the ball."​

Full article:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This Leeds fan can't seem to decide if Adams is any good or not. It's a strong opening to call him a flop in the article title, but does go on to make some interesting observations on Adams' strengths and weaknesses...

"Surprising £25m Brighton transfer focus emerges as they could be set for Leeds United flop"​
...yet...​
"Tyler Adams’ performances prior to his injury setback were enough to suggest that he should be worth a move back into the Premier League."​
"Bringing in a replacement means that Brighton have to find someone with the same strengths and profile, if De Zerbi still wants to play the same way – baiting teams into pressing high, allowing Caicedo and co to play around them and through the initial pressure. The problem here is that Adams never demonstrated that part of the game with Leeds, despite being tidy on the ball, that progression on the ball was more or less left to Marc Roca and the defence to sort out."​
"Adams was brilliant for Leeds and deserves a PL move, but he could be about to flop if he goes to the AMEX, where the demands of De Zerbi’s style will potentially expose the shortcomings of Adams’ use of the ball."​

Full article:

I haven't seen enough of him to comment on his strengths an weaknesses but, undoubtedly, Tony's algo, DZ and the scouts know what they're looking for.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
From Tyler Adams' hometown newspaper (Times Union of the Hudson Valley, Albany, NY):

Adams was selected as captain of the U.S. Men’s National Team by a democratic method: Coach Gregg Berhalter put it to a vote among the players. They overwhelmingly chose the 23-year-old to lead the team in its first World Cup since 2014.

“Tyler fits a very specific role,” Berhalter said after Tuesday’s 1-0 victory over Iran, which sent the USMNT through to the knockout stage of the tournament. “He is the general. He is the strategist. He’s the guy that goes out there and leads by example. When he talks, people listen.”

They see him as this phenomenal soccer player but what you don’t know is he is a 10 times better person than a soccer player,” Siepp said. “He was a great kid. He is very humble.” He remembers Adams wanting to be a regular student, part of the National Honors Society, instead of getting attention for his athletic success. “That speaks to his upbringing. He is an appreciative kid — appreciative of what his family has done. He is family first. That’s his number one priority.”

Tompkins notes that even though Adams is rarely in town, he manages to remain connected to Wappingers Falls. He has been involved in local fundraising, usually through his mother, for things like feeding frontline workers during the pandemic and raising money for families displaced by an apartment building fire. “He gives back. ‘It takes a village’ is a cliché, but this village does have that feel. He is an active member of the community. He has not forgotten where he comes from,” said Tompkins.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Would certainly tick the box as a player who would give the midfield the required dynamism for when Moises goes.
Dahoud is certainly someone who would have the technical ability to play DCM but he would need someone alongside him to break up play as Moises does now. Not a like for like as we can’t replace Moises in that manner but would be a good addition.
Adams, Dahoud, Milner and Pedro for the two departing and adding Bart, Boey and a LCB would certainly strengthen the squad.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
This is the guy we should be going all in for. It's going to be an absolute disgrace If Chelsea sign caicedo and him and Tyler rots on the bench.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Could be off to Chelsea - or they could be bluffing to make us think they won't pay £100m for Moises.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
20230806_172444.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here