Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two more awards for The Albion

Lazily copied from the Albion site...and I haven't seen mention anywhere on here yet.

The third annual Football League Awards, in association with FourFourTwo, took place earlier tonight at the London Hilton in Park Lane, and it was a great night for the Albion, with first place awards in two categories.

The Albion's Community team took the Advance Performance League One award for the "Best Community Initiative", while Paul Samrah won the EA Sports sponsored "Fan of the Year" award.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There was snippet in one of the programmes a while back...

From the Havant/Liverpool programme:

"Liverpool FC is 1 of 32 clubs to offer the free classes (heading for success) with over 2000 people from across the country already signed up with various clubs' schemes."

"Of the national total, 1 football club has reached 1800 people, 90% of the overall figure - Brighton and Hove Albion."

:bowdown:

Well done to Paul Samrah as well.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

"Liverpool FC is 1 of 32 clubs to offer the free classes (heading for success) with over 2000 people from across the country already signed up with various clubs' schemes."

"Of the national total, 1 football club has reached 1800 people, 90% of the overall figure - Brighton and Hove Albion."

That was mentioned at the Falmer Forum the other night too. :)

Well done to Paul Samrah as well.

I didn't know we were that far ahead of any other club-well done to all at The Albion connected to that initiative.:cheers:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Seagull programme was runner up overall but the best in League 1 and 2.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Paul UBERFAN Samrah :yahoo:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to say well done to Paul Samrah as well, as should every Albion fan.

I must admit, I'm not always in favour of these 'fans of the year' things, they can be a bit divisive and invite the odd catty comment.

Not this time, though, it's a bit different to your 'I haven't missed a game since 1884' type award. There's a good chance Falmer might not have happened without Paul's efforts, and I for one will always be very grateful to him.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I'd like to say well done to Paul Samrah as well, as should every Albion fan.

I must admit, I'm not always in favour of these 'fans of the year' things, they can be a bit divisive and invite the odd catty comment.

Not this time, though, it's a bit different to your 'I haven't missed a game since 1884' type award. There's a good chance Falmer might not have happened without Paul's efforts, and I for one will always be very grateful to him.

Well said :thumbs up:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here