Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Two entitled Leicester fans

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Funny but "You're Leicester, you're not Arsenal..." shows what the presenters think of teams outside the big six.

And Leicester are the most successful non-big six team of the last 10 or 20 years.

So reasonable that their fans now have a certain level of expectation. (Not quite as much as these clowns, admitedly).

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Do these people ring in to that show drunk?

There is no doubt I would be absolutely gutted if/when we get relegated, hopefully in the very distant future.

But I will never give up watching this team, what ever division we find ourselves in.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Do these people ring in to that show drunk?

There is no doubt I would be absolutely gutted if/when we get relegated, hopefully in the very distant future.

But I will never give up watching this team, what ever division we find ourselves in.
Wouldn’t be surprised if some are drunk…

But that show gains it’s success from basically being the click bait version of radio. They clearly encourage presenters to be as controversial as possible, saying things they know will push people buttons. & with the callers they definitely hone in on the people who also have something a bit wild to say. When people call up they’ll get through to producer who chooses which callers actually get onto the show, & will always select the mad ones over the level headed caller. The whole show is designed to produce reactions like in this thread.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Funny but "You're Leicester, you're not Arsenal..." shows what the presenters think of teams outside the big six.

And Leicester are the most successful non-big six team of the last 10 or 20 years.

So reasonable that their fans now have a certain level of expectation. (Not quite as much as these clowns, admitedly).
I'm still quite surprised they are where they are. Of all those fighting relegation, their squad looks much better than the others....... that said, letting a leader and match winner as quality as Kasper Schmeichel leave and replacing him with Danny Ward was a massive schoolboy error that's on the young chairman's lap, who is ballsing up his late father's legacy.

Attacking options of Vardy, Barnes, Daka Tielemans and Madison is good, the defence and keeper has been their undoing.

And whoever the hell thought sacking Rodgers and replacing him with Dean Smith was a good idea, needs sacking.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm still quite surprised they are where they are. Of all those fighting relegation, their squad looks much better than the others....... that said, letting a leader and match winner as quality as Kasper Schmeichel leave and replacing him with Danny Ward was a massive schoolboy error that's on the young chairman's lap, who is ballsing up his late father's legacy.

Attacking options of Vardy, Barnes, Daka Tielemans and Madison is good, the defence and keeper has been their undoing.

And whoever the hell thought sacking Rodgers and replacing him with Dean Smith was a good idea, needs sacking.
Even if they don't go down, as I posted a while ago their collapse in league position has cost Leicester twice the amount of money thet the goal keeper's alleged pay would have cost them. If they do go down....

My Leicester supporting pal, and former contemporary of Garth Crooks (in a young Christian organization, rather than on the pitch - my what a thought) had harsh words for me today. Oops!.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
letting a leader and match winner as quality as Kasper Schmeichel leave and replacing him with Danny Ward was a massive schoolboy error that's on the young chairman's lap, who is ballsing up his late father's legacy.

They couldn't afford to keep KS. Needed a better replacement though, for sure.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Precisely. Intelligent radio it most certainly is not. It’s actually very boring. Gave up listening to years ago. Download podcasts and listen to eg Albion Roar, Guardian, Ramble etc…even 606 comes across as University Challenge by comparison to Talk Drivel. Then there’s the adverts…constant adverts and gambling odds.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
I have never met a fanbase with more delusions of grandeur than Leicester. Thought a couple of trophies had landed them in the big time. I really hope they go down

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Weird rections to Championship football. Surely most of us would think 'gutted to be going down' followed very swiftly by 'Hold on - Football without VAR!!!'

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Weird rections to Championship football. Surely most of us would think 'gutted to be going down' followed very swiftly by 'Hold on - Football without VAR!!!'
It would be interesting to see how our fan base holds up people enjoy the ride up not so much the ride down.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And, after a season where to go down you get beaten most weeks, a chance to think "we could start winning some games again", especially if you have a PL-quality squad like Leicester do.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
In my time of living up there , I always found the football fans totally obsessed with past successes and believing they should be there again. Since they won the League , in a flash in the pan, they must be a lot worse.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
And, after a season where to go down you get beaten most weeks, a chance to think "we could start winning some games again", especially if you have a PL-quality squad like Leicester do.
They may do now, but if they go down there's not a chance in hell that they can afford to keep Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi, Daka, Iheanacho etc because they have challenges financially at the moment. They aren't in the same position as Burnley were

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Terrible squad management has meant that they have 4/5 players out of contract this summer and the same next, they have downed tools to not get injured.

Tielemans is just walking through games

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a great league to watch too. Lots of talent on show. Hardly a team who hasn't achieved something in there next year.

Friend of mine in Yorkshire is preparing themselves for it next year. They have had 16 years recent experience. They are quite philosophical.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'd like to suggest an amendment to the thread title: Two typical Leicester fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here