Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Two England supporters in a bad way in Marseille according to French press

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Across Europe all the police forces think it's always England's fault, no matter what happens. I wonder how bad it will be in Russia 2018?

We should be boycotting the corrupt tournament and leaving them to it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 60s60 seconds ago
One flimsy piece of tarpaulin and some volunteers in yellow bibs = hundreds of Russians taking England end and mass panic/crush

You can see them charge here: https://twitter.com/ZelenovZ/status/741735178524065793?lang=en

Christ.

I like this comment from someone who clearly doesn't know how the scores work.

Odin Wild Hunt ‏@wildhuntandy1 2h2 hours ago
@PieEaterobey @Hoojar1978 @ZelenovZ @Holbornlolz The russians only wanted to say a friendly hello to the loosers

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Go looking for trouble and it will find you. The Russians are head cases. Life is cheap for them and thinking you can take them on without consequences is naivety in the extreme.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Anyone considered retreating were shot dead, they stood up to the Germans after they were attacked then decided to occupy every country around them who were crippled by war and then exploited them for many decades. After independence, many are still dependent but only through the pipeline network Russia developed and uses as a foreign policy tool when things don't go its way. A sweeping statement, but I don't say it without having reason to do so and in a similar way I think Serbia is a rancid and cowardly country, even if they stood up to Croatian fascists in World War 2.

Go looking for trouble and it will find you. The Russians are head cases. Life is cheap for them and thinking you can take them on without consequences is naivety in the extreme.

It helps them when the local OB are complicit. And when we're subject to banning orders. Might be a bit different without either!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Anyone considered retreating were shot dead, they stood up to the Germans after they were attacked then decided to occupy every country around them who were crippled by war and then exploited them for many decades. After independence, many are still dependent but only through the pipeline network Russia developed and uses as a foreign policy tool when things don't go its way. A sweeping statement, but I don't say it without having reason to do so and in a similar way I think Serbia is a rancid and cowardly country, even if they stood up to Croatian fascists in World War 2.

to be fair all you describe here makes them many things but 'cowardly' isn't one of them. Which i think is the point hat Whitelion was making. They can be accused of many things.......

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
to be fair all you describe here makes them many things but 'cowardly' isn't one of them. Which i think is the point hat Whitelion was making. They can be accused of many things.......

Thank you Badfish :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It helps them when the local OB are complicit. And when we're subject to banning orders. Might be a bit different without either!

Put all the hoolies from all the different countries in a disused quarry and let them fight it out without interruption. If they want to fight let them but leave decent, innocent people who just wan to watch a game of football out of it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yes I'm sure that some people not involved in causing the violence will have been unpleasantly affected by it. Incidentally that includes many innocent residents of Marseille, many of whom might have not even had the slightest interest in a football match between two foreign countries.

Personally, as a football supporter who happens to be English, I find this whole 1980s retro hooligan thing tedious and vaguely embarrassing.

Again, however, and just going on the basis of what people in Marseille and at the match this evening have told me in texts today, it hasn't been difficult to avoid the trouble of you use a bit of common sense and don't flag yourself as a target (eg by being visibly drunk in the city centre in English colours while chanting abuse).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're an absolute goon.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I see the BBC have reported that Northern Ireland and Polish fans were involved in disturbances last night hiding the report away in the report away in the main story about England's troubles. Not actually getting the story right that Irish and polish fans were drinking together and were attacked by organised French hooligans. Hiding it away in the England report suggests that it's all part of the English problem, lazy journalism. Anyone with half a brain could have safely predicted trouble in Marseille, where were the police in the stadium ? It all seems like a set up to be honest. Yes we have hooligans and are somewhat reaping what we sowed back in the day. Will FIFA do anything about flares and starter guns in the Russian end signalling the charge into the English end ?

Anyone thinking about going to Russia for the World Cup would do well to watch it at home and not bother, just think what the Russian hooligans who could not afford to go to France will be like.... Bloodbath....

Putin will probably pin medals on the returning hooligans with a grin safe in the knowledge the English will get the blame.

Joey Barton has redeemed himself with his honest reporting on what he was witnessing yesterday! Different groups of french ultras in town to attack English,mask groups of Russians with knuckle dusters waiting at the metro station(totally unchallenged by police) Its a set up with police tear gassing England fans while the scum wait in the side streets for the dispersing fans!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Joey Barton has redeemed himself with his honest reporting on what he was witnessing yesterday! Different groups of french ultras in town to attack English,mask groups of Russians with knuckle dusters waiting at the metro station(totally unchallenged by police) Its a set up with police tear gassing England fans while the scum wait in the side streets for the dispersing fans!

I wonder if the press will report this....

I honestly think the French hate us, and are still mad that English is most counties second if not first language. You hear stories of French police targeting drivers just before tunnel issuing fines to drivers for no reason, and people having to pay them quickly or miss the ferry or train. They hate us and are enjoying seeing us get a kicking by locals and Russians...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I honestly think the French hate us, and are still mad that English is most counties second if not first language. You hear stories of French police targeting drivers just before tunnel issuing fines to drivers for no reason, and people having to pay them quickly or miss the ferry or train. They hate us and are enjoying seeing us get a kicking by locals and Russians...

I know someone who was driving in France a couple of weeks back when there was a fuel strike on and there were massive queues at petrol stations for fuel and they were turned away for not having French number plates.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
They hate holding back the refugees in camps on its north coast they will love us to exit the EU and they will help them cross the channel and thousands will follow. Blame Borris and Fararge.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I actually agree with you here. Not so much with the authorities but French people themselves. Utterly rude people who genrally don't like us as you say. I have experinced it a couple of times. They are my least favorite Euro nation of people. The Russians are bad as well. Shame because France has some lovely places and castles.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We're in France now as we are every year. We have friends who live here, running gites, & friends who arrive in April to stay until September. I don't hear 'stories', I go on our own experiences which have been nothing but good. Our holidays have had incidents like breakdowns, medical issues, slight accidents etc, & have found the French to be kind & helpful.
Of course, all generalisations are bad, but some are worse than others. The French do not hate us.

I hope the injured fans pull through ok. Thoughts with them & their families.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We're in France now as we are every year. We have friends who live here, running gites, & friends who arrive in April to stay until September. I don't hear 'stories', I go on our own experiences which have been nothing but good. Our holidays have had incidents like breakdowns, medical issues, slight accidents etc, & have found the French to be kind & helpful.
Of course, all generalisations are bad, but some are worse than others. The French do not hate us.

I hope the injured fans pull through ok. Thoughts with them & their families.

Absolutely this: I have been to France nearly 60 times over the past 40 years - for holiday and business. I've had countless interactions with French people and - the odd Parisian waiter aside - have found them exceptionally friendly and helpful. People really shouldn't believe what they read in the tabloids - I'd say the overwhelming majority of people are pretty anglophile

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This generalisation about the French is very wrong, been countless times and they are very nice people with a magnificent country.

Workwise most Fridays I have conference call on purchasing with our French colleagues and they are very pleasant people.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely this: I have been to France nearly 60 times over the past 40 years - for holiday and business. I've had countless interactions with French people and - the odd Parisian waiter aside - have found them exceptionally friendly and helpful. People really shouldn't believe what they read in the tabloids - I'd say the overwhelming majority of people are pretty anglophile

Parisian waiters are a law unto themselves. I've found Londoners to be as rude as Parisians lol.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I've been to France 20 odd times and travelled all over. This is an absurd generalisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here