Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Two England supporters in a bad way in Marseille according to French press

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Uefa have warned England and Russia they could be disqualified if more trouble occurs.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Just read that on Sky news, what a joke if thats the end of it. UEFA along with the French police cannot wait for more problems with England fans, including them not protecting and allowing attacks

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"Isis where are you ? .............................. Let's hope they're softer than the locals and the Russians.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes of course I know that. They just want to fight other nations mobs who do all that 'Come on then' prancing around. Seems the Russians actually want a proper fight.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Uefa have warned England and Russia they could be disqualified if more trouble occurs.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

That seems fair on the thousands of peaceful English and Russian football fans, this is a set up from start to the finish. We already know the Russians will be in the same town in a week or so at the same time...

Hang on if they kick us and Russia out of an ongoing tournament how can they possibly let either team take part in the next World Cup or possibly hold it....

This seems an easy way out for them to take it off the Russians and never let us hold a major tournament for at least twenty years...

Maybe it's me, but this seems like a major set up, they knew what would happen by all reports.

Dec 29, 2011
I got back around an hour ago. Having been in Marseille in 1998 we took the early decision to avoid Vieux Port this time round and had no issues where we were (Castellane). As the afternoon progressed we were joined by more and more 'evacuees' from the old town, many of whom were covered in blood and absolutely terrified at what they'd seen. Axes and knives drawn, metal bars used to beat people. Premeditated and indiscriminate attacks by highly trained Russian ultras. One guy we spoke to was shaking, he'd seen the incident which required the victim to be resuscitated and was convinced he'd witnessed a murder. Most of these folk were not troublemakers, they were either young and naïve or simply ignorant of what the rest of us knew would happen in the port. English troublemakers seem to draw the line at chucking a few bottles /chairs about and maybe a bit of posturing and fisticuffs (all unacceptable, of course), but the Russians don't even have a pen with which to draw a line.

Thanks for the report. Who the **** would use an axe, in England you'd be locked away for years, bet there won't be any arrests for this trouble in which people almost died

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
From the videos I've seen, it looks like a ****ing war zone over there, I bet terrorists are wondering what to do with themselves

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Last edited:

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Yes of course I know that. They just want to fight other nations mobs who do all that 'Come on then' prancing around. Seems the Russians actually want a proper fight.

Ha yes I was just stating the obvious. What I noted from all the footage of the prancing England fans in the days leading up to the match was that the majority of them were very young. I spoke to friends at the game who also told me most England fans were very young 18 to 23. The Russians would have a 'proper fight' with England 20/30 years ago (especially the mob I saw in Holland 93) rather than the regular England following of the modern game

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
That seems fair on the thousands of peaceful English and Russian football fans, this is a set up from start to the finish. We already know the Russians will be in the same town in a week or so at the same time...

Hang on if they kick us and Russia out of an ongoing tournament how can they possibly let either team take part in the next World Cup or possibly hold it....

This seems an easy way out for them to take it off the Russians and never let us hold a major tournament for at least twenty years...

Maybe it's me, but this seems like a major set up, they knew what would happen by all reports.

I think its just you

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seen an axe thrown by icf back in the day! Lucky the the blunt edge hit the Brighton fan in the back!

Scratchwood Services? Remember it well. Buggers smashed our coach windows in,

I had never seen so many weapons...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I would imagine that all the wannabe England hoolies will turn up In Lille on Wednesday for 'revenge'.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
No I think they are too old and will fight from their keyboards. Telling all and sundry how they protected little England throughout the 80's. They will also be too scared.

Too old, wise, banned or busy washing their hair. I'm certainly not going to have a pop a people for NOT going to France for a fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here