Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two dogging sites in North East

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just discovered that there are two established dogging sites in the area where ai live and work (didn't know they existed this far north!) ... one is at a seafront carpark at Marsden - not far from the Marsden grotto and the other is in Doxford Park - just about 800 yards from the office where I work .....

must take my Collie for a walk to both of them ... I'll take my own poopa scoops ... it could be just like 101 Dalmatians!!!
:lolol:

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Been to Marsden Grotto or what was .. such a nice area :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Jambo Seagull said:
how did you find that out OLTW?

Um um er er um er ............................................. ............................... ............................... ............................................. ............................ ................................................. the first one was mentioned in a report in either the Sunderland Echo or Shields Gazette - something about the police clamping down on misuse of the site (I imagine the owners aren't using their poopa scoops) and my missuss told me about the Doxford Park one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
On the Left Wing said:
the other is in Doxford Park - just about 800 yards from the office where I work

:eek:

I helped to fit out the library at Doxford Park a few years back. I noticed a few people hanging around in their cars, but I presumed they were just too scared to get out of them.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: Re: Two dogging sites in North East

Sussex on Leith said:
:eek:

I helped to fit out the library at Doxford Park a few years back. I noticed a few people hanging around in their cars, but I presumed they were just too scared to get out of them.

Maybe they just had small dogs like poodles or yorkies .... it was probably your giant Rottweiller that terrified them!
:D

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Arnt the carparks up there all closed off at night ..noticed that when was there recently ..huge carpark sealed off with aonly a few spaces left open .. was there on a sunday morn thought it was odd

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
ditchy said:
Arnt the carparks up there all closed off at night ..noticed that when was there recently ..huge carpark sealed off with aonly a few spaces left open .. was there on a sunday morn thought it was odd

All the council controlled car parks along the seafront are closed at night ---- and many closed in the winter too!

I think the one at Marsden is either private or not adopted by the local authority. Whereas Doxford Park is a vast place with plenty or parking space and loads more space to exercise your pooch

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
On the Left Wing said:
Whereas Doxford Park is a vast place with plenty or parking space and loads more space to exercise your pooch

And a big Morrison's where you can buy chewy treats for your dog.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Sussex on Leith said:
And a big Morrison's where you can buy chewy treats for your dog.

My office just about backs on to Morrisons!!!!

Loads of dog crap on the pathway ....

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
On the Left Wing said:
My office just about backs on to Morrisons!!!!

Loads of dog crap on the pathway ....

I remember that from when I was there. I had to stop myself saying things like "oh bollocks, I've just trod in a Mackem".

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
It's getting quite mucky down here ... last Friday night (while preparing for NFD) we suddenly heard a helicopter over our house ... out of curiosity we went outside to see a police chopper shining searchlights into a neighbouring street. There were about 10 police vehicles around and loads of activity. Missus and older son went to investigate and found there was a police chase and officers raiding a large corner house three streets away.
It turns out they had raided and closed South Shields largest brothel ......

I didn't even know there were any brothels in South Shields!!! ... I tend to make the soup myself in our house or open a can of Heinz

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
On the Left Wing said:
All the council controlled car parks along the seafront are closed at night ---- and many closed in the winter too!

I think the one at Marsden is either private or not adopted by the local authority. Whereas Doxford Park is a vast place with plenty or parking space and loads more space to exercise your pooch

Isnt that down towards Seaham on A19

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Marsden is just north of Sunderland going towards South Shields on the coast road.

Doxford Park is on the western outskirts of Sunderland, just off the A19 and A690 ....

You planning on walking your dog Ditchy?!!!!!
:lolol:

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Na OTLW dogless .. was up there a couple of weeks back was amazed to see how much area changed .. Even managed to see the Sunderland vs bham game ..

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Sunderland is almost unrecognisable to what it was 10 years ago .... Stadium of Light and the new marina dominates north of the river and the Winter Gardens and Bridges shopping centre have transformed the city centre on the other side. But still massive pockets of deprivation and crime ... Hendon is akin to Moss Side or Toxteth before regeneration!!!
Would like to move further south (been up here and in Scotland far too long) but property prices down south mean I could afford very little for whaT I would get for my home here ... may split the difference and moved back to Yorkshire - at least be better placed for more away games!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here