[Brighton] Two Brighton & Hove Labour Cllrs Expelled!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well, you do.

You posted the same message on three different sites recently, giving your full name on the Argus and another local site but using “Steve Foster” here. Copy and paste.

However, you hide behind three names on here. Steve Foster, Bognor Seagull and this is me, all agreeing with each other and making different guesses on the predictions thread.
On the Argus comments section during the run up to the last local election he posted as Steve Foster with loads of pro Tory crap. When challenged as to why he didn't post as his real name as he was standing for election his reason was "This is the name I signed up as" - he was clearly too stupid to just create another account on the Argus. Strangely though, the moment he was elected, up pops a Cllr Ivan Lyons posting. Now call me a cynic but ....

Guess I'll now get another threat from a Tory that they will report me to the police for harassment. 🤣

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sounds like a good idea, though all council meetings are videoed & available for everyone to view & we don’t hide behind encrypted names.
Do you crack any of your Muslim and disabled jokes when you sit on the Equalities Committee?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m interested to know why after you publicly declared a flounce on here, why you are back Cllr?
Given what @Steve Foster posted, and what we now know about Cllr Hamilton, I guess he simply couldn’t resist making snide and inaccurate aspersions about a fellow councilor is the answer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Would you let your minor child come on NSC without oversight? No? Me neither.
Keep trying
The only reason we sussed Bognor Seagull is that you used that account to start the prediction thread on one occasion.

Did you give your “minor child” permission to do that?

Oh, and your “minor” seems to be old enough to have voted three years ago.

IMG_1849.jpeg

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Cllr Les Hamilton stepped down abruptly & now two further Labour councillors suspended - ouch!
Ever run into any trouble as a councillor?
Still your racist joke telling Conservative Councillor is still here!
Corrected for you.
I was asked to give a speech at council tomorrow as the club have been granted freedom of the city.
look at me, look at me, shoddy Brighton.
But I will be on a plane to Greece. Always happy to talk politics on the plane or preferably BHA.
With you no, never.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Would you let your minor child come on NSC without oversight? No? Me neither.
Keep trying

I think your child has proven quite capable of embarrassing himself across multiple accounts on NSC completely independently. Just not quite so independent when it comes to seeking employment, is he :wink:

Anyway, back on topic, why did Les Hamilton step down 'abruptly' and why did you mention him on this thread, recognised (almost) without exception by councillors of all political hues as someone who has devoted his life to Public service, both in his 52 years as a councillor and his career as a teacher in Brighton, Hove (and Portslade) ?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I think your child has proven quite capable of embarrassing himself across multiple accounts on NSC completely independently. Just not quite so independent when it comes to seeking employment, is he :wink:

Anyway, back on topic, why did Les Hamilton step down 'abruptly' and why did you mention him on this thread, recognised (almost) without exception by councillors of all political hues as someone who has devoted his life to Public service, both in his 52 years as a councillor and his career as a teacher in Brighton, Hove (and Portslade) ?

Looks like he’s yet again tried to twist a legitimate news story to insinuate wrongdoing against a much respected political opponent, been called out on it, and is yet again refusing to answer questions on why he might have done this. It begins to seem symptomatic of the modern Conservative Party as a whole.

All the while they’re electing this sort of twister as councillor, it’s hard to see who would want them “governing” the country. Still, if the Conservatives believe electing individuals who (in my opinion) bring their party into disrepute is an election winner, then let them carry on.

They certainly won’t be receiving my vote come election time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"All [Council] Members are bound by the requirements of the Equality Act 2010, which amongst other things prohibits discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. In addition, Members are expected to promote equality in their actions and behaviours."

I think our Steve has fallen below the level of expectation for a councillor.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
"All [Council] Members are bound by the requirements of the Equality Act 2010, which amongst other things prohibits discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. In addition, Members are expected to promote equality in their actions and behaviours."

I think our Steve has fallen below the level of expectation for a councillor.
He is on the equalities and human rights committee. Fair play but with only 6 members they clearly ran out of people for jobs and given that 3 of those 6 are attila the hun, vlad the impaler and the emperor nero it was a small selection pool.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Time to get this thread back on topic, the plot thickens with the suspension of these to Cllrs, me thinks there’s fuckery afoot…

“Party sources say the investigation is into whether the pair, who are thought to be aunt and niece, still live in the midlands, despite claiming to have longstanding links to Brighton.”

Both were selected close to May’s elections by the party’s regional bosses, after selections were taken out of local party control because so many councillors had been expelled or quit over anti-Semitism allegations.

Councillor Bharti Gajjar, who represents the Kemptown ward, told the local democracy reporting service in May: “Kemp Town village is the best place to live in the city but then I’m biased because I’ve lived here for years.”

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I worry how much will come to the surface, as we near the election. Let's hope Keir and his shadow cabinet is as clean as a nuns noo noo.
Surely we can't cock this massive lead up now.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It makes you wonder how this Cllr and her relative got into the selection process in the first place seeing as 1) She was from Leicester and apparently still lives there and 2) Was sacked from her previous job for fraud, which was upheld by an appeals judge.

Was the decision really taken out of local hands and dealt with by the regional party??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There's something very unsavoury about this character. Racist and other discriminatory "jokes" aside, a smug brassneck
Ah but he's rich you see. Richer than anyone else on NSC by his own claim. So the fact he's a class A turd matters not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports