Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Twitter

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Can't say that has happened for me, yet. It used to, when they first introduced the two styles a few years ago, but eventually settled down.
The for you feed is new, and incredibly annoying. You don’t get to choose a preference, it defaults to for you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, regularly. It always amuses me that people struggle with the concept of not following/muting people you’re not interested in hearing from.
I also struggle with the notion of people getting wound up by something of which they are in complete control of the content.
I genuinely have no concept of 'angry twitter'.

People who struggle with Twitter would look at my feed and say 'well this is all very nice, isn't it?'

Although in reality the respond would actually be:-

'christ this is boring'.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
follow a bunch of crypto and "people do stupid" accounts, along with ad blocker and its fine. sometimes look at whats trending to see what the fuss is about. dont get why people get so upset or triggered, stop looking for things to be upset and triggered by.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The for you feed is new, and incredibly annoying. You don’t get to choose a preference, it defaults to for you.
I assumed it was a rebranding of the 'home' feed that they introduced back in 2020.

EDIT: Are you on Android?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Twitter is rather fun tonight!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I look at it every day, i find it really useful for local traffic information.
I have found plenty of ways around ignoring stuff I don’t want to see, muted words is a good one.
Plenty of interesting accounts to follow and tweets that make me laugh.
This. Twitter is what you make it as in who you choose to follow and engage with. Spend a bit of time curating your timeline and it’s fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oozing sex appeal.

And Kylie.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't use it myself - load of old rubbish mostly, and a conspiracy theorist's playground. Occasionaluy have a laugh at the comments when a Twitter thread is quoted on here (providing the poster has bothered to put a link in their post).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you have any suggested Albion related twitter account?
Nothing unusual.

The club, Albion Analytics, this place (obvs).
From their likes and follows you'll get a feel for who else you want to follow and who to steer clear of.
I don't really follow the players, there's only so much 'great result looking forward to next week' content I can handle.

There's one popular fan account which has a 'complain first' approach to the club they are tiresome, but other than that, for obvious reasons, it tough to find a bad content.

The Other 14 is our relegation tracker on drugs, that content this week is going to be great.
As will Experimental 361(?) But they aren't as prolific.

Unfortunately there isn't enough Albion Bollard related content, which is disappointing.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I login in a couple of times a year to look at positive stuff from people I like, such as Albion footballers.

Genuinely, I’ve never read the musings of twittering twats. I know some people get involved in that for entertainment, winding up political opponents with ease.
Do you think players post their own stuff??

I’m convinced it’s all agents ( with access to press photographers)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I find Google maps good for traffic
Twitter good for not much.
I drive to various properties for work but they are all local, the traffic in this area can be very busy. Twitter has been useful to find out where accidents have caused hold ups between Newhaven and Seaford or some issue in Peacehaven.

I find Google maps are useful though for planning routes when driving to different parts of England for holidays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here