Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*TWELVE pounds ENTRY to Seven STARS Bar tomorrow*

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Haven`t read full thread but has anyone who`s been there commented.

We used to go in there after every game last season and it was a distinctly average experience. The beer was usually flat. You'd see a solitary bubble make its way to the surface after it had been poured and then nothing. I could never work out why. They'd always have the PL games on with the volume turned up full whilst the screens with Hughton / players doing their post-match interviews were muted. Fair enough, people want to watch the late kickoffs but they don't need the sound on really and, if they do, they can bloody well wait until Our Lord and Saviour has finished talking.

It is 100% not worth paying even a penny to gain access to. This season me and my lot have been drinking in the North stand after the games instead but with the weather getting colder I'd imagine we're all far more likely to bugger off back into Brighton straight after the games and drink there instead.

It's a mad decision from the club and I can only think it's been done with a view to shutting it down completely next season, despite what PB said in his reply to my email.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I don't think £ 12 is too bad to get a decent bar, get served properly and swiftly with a match programme thrown in, so it is £ 8.50 really for 4 hours access before and after the game and not having to mix with all the riff raff, I will give it a try I think

If you're serious about this, then be aware that for evening games, despite the closing time after the game being advertised as 10.30pm, the programme states that last orders will be 10-1015pm. Given the lack of custom, you should assume this may well be 10pm. From West Upper, I would be lucky to get to the bar at 7 Stars by 10pm if I stay and clap the team off. Dick's is open until 11 with last orders 1030-1045. If you want to maximise the 'before' time, then a 5pm opening for both 7Stars and Dick's would allow you claim a table seat in Dick's for the duration.

On Saturdays, Dick's bar is open an hour longer than 7Stars, until 730pm.

Still seem like good value? You'd have to be keen on table football.

PG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes it was packed before every game, and busy afterwards. Part of the problem was people going in there with kids, sitting down, getting out a packed lunch and not spending any money.

A couple of weeks ago when the Manc derby was on, I suggested to my son that we get to the club early to watch the game, we couldn't get in Dick's as he is only 16 and the concourse doesn't open till 1.30.

If the £12 came with programme, beer and pie voucher or £10 with soft drink and hot dog voucher, we would have been in there, as I'll buy that on the concourse anyway.

The club need to scrap this mistake and have a re-think. Surely they won't wait till the end of the season before making a change?

Due to work etc Saturday would have been our first of about 3 trips, this season to 7 Stars.
Naturally we'll not be going in.

Had the ticket included a 'food token' + a few pounds for the club, I'd imagine we would go.

As it is we'll just get lunch on the way over and I'll be pleased we can get to Mill Road without rushing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you're serious about this, then be aware that for evening games, despite the closing time after the game being advertised as 10.30pm, the programme states that last orders will be 10-1015pm. Given the lack of custom, you should assume this may well be 10pm. From West Upper, I would be lucky to get to the bar at 7 Stars by 10pm if I stay and clap the team off. Dick's is open until 11 with last orders 1030-1045. If you want to maximise the 'before' time, then a 5pm opening for both 7Stars and Dick's would allow you claim a table seat in Dick's for the duration.

On Saturdays, Dick's bar is open an hour longer than 7Stars, until 730pm.

Still seem like good value? You'd have to be keen on table football.

PG

Well it is £ 8.50 for me as I buy a match programme and to be able to actually get a drink and food within 2 minutes in nice surroundings rather than wait 20 minutes to get the same ( if you are lucky ) in a cold, in all ways, concrete air raid shelter to me it is a no brainer. Also after about 1.15 pm you have to queue to get in a packed Dick's Bar. That is the way it is, maybe it shouldn't be, but it is

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We used to go in there after every game last season and it was a distinctly average experience. The beer was usually flat. You'd see a solitary bubble make its way to the surface after it had been poured and then nothing. I could never work out why. They'd always have the PL games on with the volume turned up full whilst the screens with Hughton / players doing their post-match interviews were muted. Fair enough, people want to watch the late kickoffs but they don't need the sound on really and, if they do, they can bloody well wait until Our Lord and Saviour has finished talking.

It is 100% not worth paying even a penny to gain access to. This season me and my lot have been drinking in the North stand after the games instead but with the weather getting colder I'd imagine we're all far more likely to bugger off back into Brighton straight after the games and drink there instead.

It's a mad decision from the club and I can only think it's been done with a view to shutting it down completely next season, despite what PB said in his reply to my email.

agree
silly money to be paying. There were 5 of us that used it a few times when the weather was very cold as the old man really feels it with his age. No way we are paying entrance for 5 people. When it gets really cold it will be straight off back to the car and probably find a warm pub for a swift one....or two post match

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well it is £ 8.50 for me as I buy a match programme and to be able to actually get a drink and food within 2 minutes in nice surroundings rather than wait 20 minutes to get the same ( if you are lucky ) in a cold, in all ways, concrete air raid shelter to me it is a no brainer. Also after about 1.15 pm you have to queue to get in a packed Dick's Bar. That is the way it is, maybe it shouldn't be, but it is
Beer in a glass rather than a plastic has got to be worth £2 for the whole session, so perhaps it is only £6:50 overpriced.

Turn it into a beer festival type real ale bar and it'll generate gold for the club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think people are forgetting that visitors in the lounge can take advantage of a more relaxed dresscode, allowing trainers and replica shirts to be worn.

There. Who says that's not worth at least £12?

This USP (I bet they used this term when discussing how to sell this white elephant) is looking a bit weak now that 1901ers can flaunt their Adidas, New Balance and Hi-Tecs now too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This USP ...

speaking of USP, thats basically the problem with the 7*bar, it doesnt have one other than the door charge. so why pay the door charge? case study in misjudging the market.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This does seem like one of those badly done tasks on The Apprentice. Team Synergy (or whatever wanky name they come up with) are tasked with setting up a profit making bar at a football stadium. Sir Lord Sugar would have fired the team captain and the person who shouted everyone down and insisted £12 was a good idea.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Speaking as a patron of the WSU...Now I don't expect to rock up at 2.45 and stroll straight up to the till for a pint...on the last occasion, it took me 40 minutes to get served

I arrived today at a cash only queue at 2.26 in the WSU and was served at 2.32 when i bought 3 pies, a pint and a diet coke. The Chicken Vindaloo was very good.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I arrived today at a cash only queue at 2.26 in the WSU and was served at 2.32 when i bought 3 pies, a pint and a diet coke. The Chicken Vindaloo was very good.

One of the many benefits of being Paul Barber, I guess.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This USP (I bet they used this term when discussing how to sell this white elephant) is looking a bit weak now that 1901ers can flaunt their Adidas, New Balance and Hi-Tecs now too.

You cannot flaunt New Balance unless you have a Liverpool post code :tosser: Not at Bozza but Merseyside, obviously.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

It WAS actually better today. I got to the WSU shortly after 2pm, and had a pint of (Fosters) in my hand less than 10 minutes later. Remarkable. These rare Saturday 3pm's seem to tick over rather better than the evenings ones, case in point the previous monumental clusterfvck at the game v Huddersfield.

Should be ok for Wolves as well, being as there'll only be about 15k there tops.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It was PACKED in there yesterday , me and my NEPHEW Tristam, his GENDER neutral (at weekends ONLY as his school won't allow it in the week) FRIEND Poppy and TWO guys who had paid TWELVE quid for the DAY. I'm not SURE how the STAFF coped with the FIVE of us in there as it felt RAMMED and it took me TEN minutes to get a HOT Dog at HALF Time and I intend to COMPLAIN to Barber

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a damn shame we can't have an NSC operative willing to go undercover into Seven Stars Bar to post a covert report of what it's actually like in there on a matchday. With less than a dozen paying punters, would take the club minimal resources to track down the offending person and charge them with besmirchment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a damn shame we can't have an NSC operative willing to go undercover into Seven Stars Bar to post a covert report of what it's actually like in there on a matchday. With less than a dozen paying punters, would take the club minimal resources to track down the offending person and charge them with besmirchment.
All I can confirm is 3 kids were in there playing pool.

We were sat up on the grass bank opposite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here