Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV to avoid...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Soap operas - have avoided them for 25 years. Had to endure them before that, when an ex-gf liked them, in a one TV flat. The grating Manc and Cockney accents, shudder.

Gervais. I loved The Office, but his type of comedy just isn't my thing. Whilst Iannucci, Whitehouse, Coogan/Brydon are amazing imho.

99% of ITV.

Little Britain, Miranda, Mrs Brown's Boys.

Anything with Simon Cowell. They were alright for a while as family entertainment, but reached their expiry date many years ago.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I haven't watched TV as such for a fair few years now. I only use Netflix/prime/Disney+ these days.

The idea of avoiding something on telly seems a strange concept now.
I suspect the only scheduled TV will be sports events and news by the end of this decade

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As bad as Hitmen was its certainly not the worst, not by a long way. That accolade for me goes to Netflix for Brews Brothers. I lasted 2.5 episodes before I had to switch it off it was that bad.

I didn't even make it past the trailer for Brews Brothers. It really does look terrible.

Another Netflix show do definitely skip is Another Life. An absolute car crash of a sci-fi series which tries to tick every single box in just the first episode and falls spectacularly on all fronts. It seems like it was so bad Netflix have hidden it away never to surface on a recommended list.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I suspect the only scheduled TV will be sports events and news by the end of this decade

I watched the University Challenge final live as I knew if would be spoken about on social media and news sites.

I don't watch them myself but lots of people will watch things like X factor, BGT, I'm a Celebrity, Love Island etc live

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I watched the University Challenge final live as I knew if would be spoken about on social media and news sites.

I don't watch them myself but lots of people will watch things like X factor, BGT, I'm a Celebrity, Love Island etc live

Even these type of items we tend to watch on the various catch up apps. It's just more convenient to watch what you want to when you want to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here