Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV this month

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Watching the current series of Unforgotten and pleased to see that Hayley Mills (one for the oldies) looks great for 76

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I missed this thread at the time but had a similar thought this week with The Last of Us still on, Endeavour and The Mandalorian returning and Succession imminent

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s a game if opinions but I think that first episode of the new series of Unforgotten was dreadful. On the other hand I am looking forward to the Bay. There seems to be very little worth watching on BBC or ITV at the moment, so very far from a golden age. Thank goodness for the football.

Edit; I didn’t know this was an 8 year old thread ! Why do people do this ?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It’s a game if opinions but I think that first episode of the new series of Unforgotten was dreadful. On the other hand I am looking forward to the Bay. There seems to be very little worth watching on BBC or ITV at the moment, so very far from a golden age. Thank goodness for the football.

Edit; I didn’t know this was an 8 year old thread ! Why do people do this ?
Sorry I didn’t want to post a new thread with such a mundane observation so just did a search for a thread about TV and came up with this. I didn’t realise it was so old until you mentioned it!

I too have found the new Unforgotten series pretty forgettable, so far. My wife is enjoying it so we’ll be sticking with it I guess.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I missed this thread at the time but had a similar thought this week with The Last of Us still on, Endeavour and The Mandalorian returning and Succession imminent
S2, Episode 5 of Succession and I think I'm out. It’s been a great watch, incredible theme tune, but every week is the same - Kendall hangdog face downbeat method acting, Roman’s barbed ‘cheeky’ asides (which were good at first, but become tiresome), endless takeover bickering, Logan saying ‘F off!’ every 12 minutes. Greg is always watchable, but Connor and Mrs Logan are completely pointless characters imho. Anyone else?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
S2, Episode 5 of Succession and I think I'm out. It’s been a great watch, incredible theme tune, but every week is the same - Kendall hangdog face downbeat method acting, Roman’s barbed ‘cheeky’ asides (which were good at first, but become tiresome), endless takeover bickering, Logan saying ‘F off!’ every 12 minutes. Greg is always watchable, but Connor and Mrs Logan are completely pointless characters imho. Anyone else?
I gave up after series 1 episode 2, just beating Suits and Mad Men which I gave up on after three episodes :shrug:

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
I wonder if this has become the new thread for the miserable old gits to post on.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Personally I'm loving it, though I can see why it's ending they can't keep like this for long

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The Hunt for Raoul Moat was superb, quality stuff from ITV, as someone unfortunately who had to embrace the concept of reality TV, I do wish ITV would concentrate more on the excellent drama they consistently been producing for over 60 years.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if this has become the new thread for the miserable old gits to post on.
Probably, maybe you should start a happy clapper thread or even better a sarcastic sniping thread.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here