Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TV shows that SHOULD be repeated again

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some of these kids' shows are still on TV. My kids enjoy watching Wacky Races and Fraggle Rock- they're on on at the weekends. But Catweazle is a good shout - one of the best kids' shows ever.

As for adult shows. I'd love them to show Pennies from Heaven and Singing Detective again. I'd also like another chance to see Bill Brand, Trevor Griffiths's series about a left-wing Labour MP (remember them?). I also wish they'd revive Play for Today - there were some superb dramas in that series; some really thought-provoking stuff - they could start by repeating some of the classics from the 70s.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd like to see Northern Exposure repeated. Great, funny, quirky series that ran from early to mid 90's. Often forgotten but a great series, at least the first 3 series were, last 2 were a bit dodgy but still watchable.

northern_exposure.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The Hurricanes!

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UxTw0g8F6Qk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UxTw0g8F6Qk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Does anyone remember "Alfresco" on Channel 4 c. 1982?

I remember watching this as a teenager - it was a comedy sketch show with a cast of Fry, Laurie, Coltrane, Elton, Emma Thompson and Siobhan Redmond. I'm amazed that in 27 years I've never seen it repeated given what those 20-somethings went on to achieve...

I watched one or two at the time and the reason you'll never see a repeat is because it was absolutely dire. It was critically panned and the viewers turned off in droves and made the basic mistake of being smug and too clever for its own good.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Phoenix Nights.:bowdown:

FAMILY FUN DAY EPISODE

Jerry: "Please God tell me that's not a condom machine"

Brian Potter: "WAS a condom machine.Now it does penny chews at ten pence a piece.I don't know how how i think them up,Jerry-I frighten myself!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Fawlty Towers - all 12 episodes

Dads' Army - all episodes from start

Porridge - all episodes from start

Only Fools - all episodes from start

You just need G.O.L.D. mate!

I would love to see Sportsnight come back.

I don't need wall-to-wall Champions League, and 4 hours per game of panels drooling over how fantastically rich these clubs are, and repeating the mantra that "the Premiership is the BEST league in the World" bollox.

Give me a 30 minute slot within a sports programme, showing me the highlights of the plum tie, and then move on and show me some boxing or show jumping. That'll do me until we get to the knock-outs.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Some of these kids' shows are still on TV. My kids enjoy watching Wacky Races and Fraggle Rock- they're on on at the weekends. But Catweazle is a good shout - one of the best kids' shows ever.

As for adult shows. I'd love them to show Pennies from Heaven and Singing Detective again. I'd also like another chance to see Bill Brand, Trevor Griffiths's series about a left-wing Labour MP (remember them?). I also wish they'd revive Play for Today - there were some superb dramas in that series; some really thought-provoking stuff - they could start by repeating some of the classics from the 70s.
Nick Junior channel shows a lot of classic British kids TV after about 8:30 in the evening, such as Clangers, Ivor the Engine, Mr Benn, etc. My kids (especially the youngest) have always preferred these to the modern american crap served up on the 'mainstream' channels. Also, the odd Play for Today does appear on BBC4 from time to time, though not regularly as far as I can tell.

I'd like to see the original 1970's drama Survivors repeated. The modern version done earlier this year wasn't nearly as good. Also, it's a long time since even UK Gold (or whatever they are now) showed Blakes 7. I know it was crap but I loved it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's A Knockout. well, the International one, no-one was ever bothered about 3 provincial town in the UK battling it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here