[Technology] TV Celebrities who dissapeared off the face of the earth....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can't quite remember his name, the comedian with a quite surreal act. Pretending to walk and saying"Spook" as I say, quite surreal.

And Emo, strange looking American comic with a very distinctive delivery.

And the Canadian comic, Kelly someone.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Can't quite remember his name, the comedian with a quite surreal act. Pretending to walk and saying"Spook" as I say, quite surreal.

And Emo, strange looking American comic with a very distinctive delivery.

And the Canadian comic, Kelly someone.
Roy Jay. Slither.

And Kelly Monteith. Or Kelly Allteeth as I believe he was called.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Also Emo Phillips. All on the Bob Monkhouse chat show I believe. Certainly the first two. Spook.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Rhys Thomas. What he actually said was that he was supposed to pop up from a trap door and at one performance the timing was messed up and Lamarr fell down the hole, which wasn't supposed to happen, but the audience found it funny. Lamarr took things too far in the resulting melee and kicked him in the chest, not the face. He apologised afterwards, but subsequently, having got it in the ear from the other cast members, he thought that Thomas had been complaining to the others and got in his face saying 'If you've got a problem with me. etc.'

I know that Lamarr was famously combatitive ( https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2...-on-mark-lamarr-masterclass-handling-hecklers ) and wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm pretty sure that he could still be working if he wanted to be. I know he is good friends with Sean Lock who he co-wrote '15 Storeys High' with. I think that he is also friendly with Jo Brand & Mark Steele who he's done radio shows with. He chucked in working for Radio 2 when they wanted him to move his show to 6 Music and apart from a show for an airline radio and the fuss over his arrest and subsequent dropped charges last year, doesn't seem to have been heard from since. I seem to remember someone, perhaps Jonathan Ross, when asked about him, saying he just collects records and doesn't want anything to do with showbiz anymore. A shame for those of us who liked his comedy and his DJing, but if he's happy.

Should be DJing at Darts gig at the 100 Club in November - he's actually a nice guy - gig sold out I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports