Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
No way will he leave at the moment. Earns a very good salary, Likes owner and how club is run, Young family who have settled in area, Wife is involved in local community. Think he maybe tempted if we have another top 10 finish but have a feeling what is best for wife and family will be priority.

That's kind of what was said about Cucarella. the family bit etc.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It’s a fixable mess with a decent manager in charge . A great job to take . Im surprised you are not worried

He is a Potter fan, not a Brighton fan, he will just move with him.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Talkshite are saying it will be Potter and the majority of Chelsea fans want him, if he goes I guess he will take the backroom staff and which players would be on his list, he knows their contract situations which is also a worry..

Today could be one of the worst days in the clubs history.....

Yeah it's a point that isn't talked about enough, we see players move to their former managers new team all the time (Ten Haag for example). Trossard for example would love champions league football & Potter moving to Chelsea would be a no brainer for Trossard, Macallister etc

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That's kind of what was said about Cucarella. the family bit etc.
Cookie has a blingy annoying wag wife. And makes PR videos about himself.

Potter is as honest and as down to earth as you can get.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yeah it's a point that isn't talked about enough, we see players move to their former managers new team all the time (Ten Haag for example). Trossard for example would love champions league football & Potter moving to Chelsea would be a no brainer for Trossard, Macallister etc
Think swanny has said before that potter rarely goes back for former players

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Potter could remain living in central Hove and his kids could still go to the same school ( not hard to guess which one ) and take the Chelsea job , hopefully not though .

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
[tweet]1567445823792848897[/tweet]

Sky Exclusive: "(Excl) #cfc expected to approach #bhfc later today for permission to speak to Graham Potter about their manager vacancy after sacking Tuchel. Chelsea also want to speak to Pochettino and Zidane who are out of work."

Who are bhfc!!?

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Think swanny has said before that potter rarely goes back for former players

Because he's been at Ostersunds and Swansea. Incredibly likely that there were no premier league level players are both clubs (especially Ostersunds).

We have premier league players, some clearly ready for top6/champions league difference. Big difference in my opinion

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I've already covered that. If Chelsea is as much as a basket case as people are claiming, if he goes to Chelsea and it goes wrong then it's easily excused. He'll then have the pick of almost any Premier League job that comes up, and probably some attractive options overseas too.

Which club do you see going for Tuchel?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I reckon you're right.

Also reckon that Tony and Paul have a manila folder, rolodex and playbook which are being dusted off as we speak so this isn't the absolute disaster that it could be made out to be

Honestly think that Bloom has known for a while who the next Brighton manager will be. There's no way he hasn't had a list of 3-4 names for ages.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Just a reminder about a quote Graham said before the season started from https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/19406997/brighton-graham-potter-batman-seagulls-disguise/

"Only Chelsea, out of the top-six clubs, have recruited a permanent British manager, Frank Lampard, in almost nine years.

But Potter said: “The Premier League is a global brand so, if you’re going to be meritocratic, whoever is the best person to run those teams should get those jobs. It doesn’t matter where they come from.

“It’s down to us British coaches to improve and work hard to get those opportunities when they come and if that’s what we want."

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
harry-potter-daniel-radcliffe.gif

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I now think he's gone.

Seems to have all been lined up in the background already. Too many journos know about it.

Tbf we talked to potter while he was still at Swansea so can't be hypocrites.

Yes, and he was a bit reluctant to come, I think if he had a more stable platform to build from there we would not have got him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Because he's been at Ostersunds and Swansea. Incredibly likely that there were no premier league level players are both clubs (especially Ostersunds).

We have premier league players, some clearly ready for top6/champions league difference. Big difference in my opinion

Ken Sema and Saman Ghoddos both have played in the PL after Potter coached them in Östersund and from his Swansea side plenty of players made it to the PL as well.

I think he deliberately wants it that way to avoid any feelings of favoritism etc.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Ollie McBurnie, Dan James, Joe Rodon, Connor Roberts, Carter-Vickers - I reckon there were a few Swansea players of the time who we could feasibly have approached (not saying we did, or would have. Plus our recruitment policy is far more complex than that - but you get my jist)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He looked so happy after the 5th goal went in. Would be very disappointing if that was the last image we had of him on the sidelines.

That smile and delight is what gives me some small hope he'll stay.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think Potter has unfinished business here and would want to see it through, and would seriously doubt Bloom would let him go anyway.
Also Chelsea would want instant results - Potter would need to groom them into a football team.

Hi Graham, moneys not everything and a couple million per year keeps the wolf from the door doesn’t it….?

Or

Hi Graham, have £80million and btw, if you need to use the company super yacht / jet….

Come on. Be realistic. Potter gets offered Chelsea he’s gone. Stop kidding yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here