Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The most annoying thing is I think this is literally the only job (other than England) I think he’d take. Has to be a top 6 club. No chance he gets City or Liverpool. United have a new manager, Arsenal are invested in Arteta and Spurs in Conte. So if Tuchel hadn’t been so s*** we’d have been ok.

Klopp has quite possibly reached his sell by date. Shambles

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The most annoying thing is I think this is literally the only job (other than England) I think he’d take. Has to be a top 6 club. No chance he gets City or Liverpool. United have a new manager, Arsenal are invested in Arteta and Spurs in Conte. So if Tuchel hadn’t been so s*** we’d have been ok.

Yep, Tuchel is clearly somewhat unhinged and a bit of a nob, unfortunately we are going to be paying the price for that.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was thinking earlier, had this happened post Fulham would the reaction have reached quite these levels of hyperbole, hysteria with a hefty dose of revisionist nonsense... on all sides ? He’s a great coach and has improved our players to a man, but no one is perfect, nor is anyone bigger than our club.

Saturday for example, was as much about Leicester being dire and two of our players being mesmeric, than the genius of GP... it was perhaps a culmination, but not a definition of his time... which is better reflected by a lack of cutting edge and those barren losing streaks, interspersed with flashes of top 6 mimicry and orgasmic climaxes.

GP is not God and as such is replaceable.

Yes, it’s a shame, but by Christ the way some people are freaking out you’d think Ritchie Blackmore had left Deep Purple prior to the recording of Made in Japan.

I wish him luck, he’ll need it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was thinking earlier, had this happened post Fulham would the reaction have reached quite these levels of hyperbole, hysteria with a hefty dose of revisionist nonsense... on all sides ? He’s a great coach and has improved our players to a man, but no one is perfect, nor is anyone bigger than our club.

Saturday for example, was as much about Leicester being dire and two of our players being mesmeric, than the genius of GP... it was perhaps a culmination, but not a definition of his time... which is better reflected by a lack of cutting edge and those barren losing streaks, interspersed with flashes of top 6 mimicry and orgasmic climaxes.

Yes, it’s a shame, but by Christ the way some people are freaking out you’d think Ritchie Blackmore had left Deep Purple prior to the recording of Made in Japan.

I’d be less upset if Mick Jagger had left the Stones during the recording of Sympathy for the Devil :lolol:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

We’ve just had our best season in 121 years of trying and seemed set fair to have a good tilt at bettering it. I think a little sadness is in order.

I’ll get over it but at 11:00 this morning I was blissfully unaware of Tuchel’s sacking. I’ve had less than half a day to come to terms with our much trumpeted stability being torn to shreds. It’s still a bit raw.

Bother!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We’ve just had our best season in 121 years of trying and seemed set fair to have a good tilt at bettering it. I think a little sadness is in order.

I’ll get over it but at 11:00 this morning I was blissfully unaware of Tuchel’s sacking. I’ve had less than half a day to come to terms with our much trumpeted stability being torn to shreds. It’s still a bit raw.

Bother!

You know, maybe we will better it ... maybe we’ll continue the upward trajectory... maybe our next manager won’t be a duffer and we’ll keep on growing...

Maybe...

We’ll break the chain.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hated it when Adams got poached.
Hated it when Coppell got poached.
Hating it while Potter is being poached.

And it won't be the last time I guess.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Two most important questions 1) is the shedend ready for Swansman and 2) do we get a transfer fee?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Listening to a lot of the media today, it seems surprising that most pundits are shocked at Tuchel's sacking. Received wisdom seems to be that he's one of the European elite who any big club would want to have. However, it seems to me that all of his jobs have ended acrimoniously after a couple of seasons due to arguments with the people he has been working with. At Chelsea, he's come across as smug in victory and petulant in defeat. The Conte row was school kid level pathetic and he was hardly working hard to make friends with the new ownership. I wasn't impressed with him at all and like him even less now. Had the arrogant fool just worked a bit harder to make himself more amenable to the people employing him, we might not be having our manager nicked.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Depressing. It's done and dusted, isn't it?
20220908_030307.jpg

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Depressing. It's done and dusted, isn't it?
View attachment 151651

Looks rather like it, doesn’t it.
I must be a bit naive, but I am little surprised that, at this stage, Potter would want to leave Brighton. Yes, I know money talks and Potter is ambitious, but I am still scratching my head a bit.
Anyway, I am sure our leaders will have a quality short list in mind and we will continue to thrive, despite losing Ashworth and likely Potter in fairly quick succession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here