Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
One of the brilliant minds on there said this .........

"As I and others have said in the Tuchel thread, will be interesting to see how he copes playing against a low block most of the time. A challenge which he does not currently face at Brighton"

Not the highest standard of insight on that board

This was the biggest pearl of wisdom.

Potter plays same negative formation as Tuchel 5231. Brighton were amongst lowest scoring teams last season. Hes just a poor mans Tuchel. Dont know if he can handle big players. Would be a really bad decision!

We're playing 5 at the back apparently.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
“Sources have indicated that Potter is fully open to taking over at Stamford Bridge and that reaching an agreement for him to join Chelsea will be straightforward.

Indeed, unless there is a breakdown, Potter could be in position by the weekend when Chelsea take on Fulham.”

Daily Mail

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I could see him going for the obvious reasons but I could also (with my blue and white tinted specs on) see him saying "I'm happy enough at (little ol) Brighton".

I'm not sure I could see him being a success at Chel$ea though - for the reasons mentioned by some others above. The owner may want him but the fans won't and the primadonna players may not play for such a lowly manager. Bigger the club, bigger the player egos in the dressing room.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Geez! - there's some pig-ignorance, along with entitlement on that thread. The one or two more intelligent ones must be embarrassed.

Remember, these idiots can’t even sing the Cucurella chant correctly. I reckon it’s because it’s Marc with a C

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sky Sports saying they think he will be going and will be an announcement Thursday let's hope its bullshit but it's a big worry

According to Naylor, Chelsea will be speaking to both Potter and Poch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure I could see him being a success at Chel$ea though - for the reasons mentioned by some others above. The owner may want him but the fans won't and the primadonna players may not play for such a lowly manager. Bigger the club, bigger the player egos in the dressing room.

I think many of us feel the same way, but sadly money and ambition are mighty powerful blinkers.

I do wish that some day someone will leave the Amex to go to a proper club for them. the Liverpools, the Citehs of this world for example. Even seeing Bissouma sorting out Man. United's midfield would have been better than seeing him regarded as a bit 'meh' at Tottenham, back up to Bentacur and Hojbjerg (sp?)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
According to Naylor, Chelsea will be speaking to both Potter and Poch.

We know from past experience that the club never refuse a member of staff the opportunity to talk to others. In this case I'm sure Potter will see the grass is greener on this side of the fence. Also, with the world cup coming up and the possibility of failure by waistcoat man, that's a role he might be thinking of!!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We know from past experience that the club never refuse a member of staff the opportunity to talk to others. In this case I'm sure Potter will see the grass is greener on this side of the fence. Also, with the world cup coming up and the possibility of failure by waistcoat man, that's a role he might be thinking of!!!

I can't see Potter staying, unless Chelsea prefer Poch.

Folk keep talking about them hacking through managers, but the word from the Reliables is that Tuchel has been on his way for a while and the new owners are in for strategy.

If that is the case, and they prefer him to Poch, he goes.

In many ways I want him to go now. If Chelsea are in for him then so will others be when it comes to it. Might as well get it over and done with and express our gratitude.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Apparently, Chelsea will talk to Poch and Rogers as well, according to talksport.

Sensible of them, talk to all top 3 or 4 on your list, tell each they are your preferred candidate, but you have to talk to the others because you have not got time to waste and appreciate they need a day or two to think it over. Saves time and possibly face for the next Manager.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I don't know - TB got pretty arsey with Ashworth leaving, didn't he?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
54c9d46e22a9ef759f65a93e490fa213.jpg

Au revoir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can't see Potter staying, unless Chelsea prefer Poch.

Folk keep talking about them hacking through managers, but the word from the Reliables is that Tuchel has been on his way for a while and the new owners are in for strategy.

If that is the case, and they prefer him to Poch, he goes.

In many ways I want him to go now. If Chelsea are in for him then so will others be when it comes to it. Might as well get it over and done with and express our gratitude.

I am still hopeful he stays, if Chelsea make him an offer he likes, he will still need to evaluate whether he trusts what he is being told, can work with certain individuals, and is trusted to boot out any mentally wronguns that may inhabit the dressing room, even if they are top talents.
When Tony makes his counter offer, he will not be wondering if he is full of shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here