Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Truss v Starmer

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I thought he did well to get her to state that there would be no further windfall tax despite the huge profits being made by energy / oil companies. The cost of living crises policy she announces tomorrow will end up being paid for by all of us for the next 15-20 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he did well to get her to state that there would be no further windfall tax despite the huge profits being made by energy / oil companies. The cost of living crises policy she announces tomorrow will end up being paid for by all of us for the next 15-20 years.

And she's presenting it as a debate, not a statement, so she doesn't have to answer questions as to why she isn't taxing the huge profit making companies.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The debt generated by the Tories since 2010 is incredible. New borrowing 3% + we're running out of road

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The feudal queen versus the village idiot - which way was it ever going to go.

The problem for Britain is that the fedual queen will create havoc and provoke major social unrest.

If Corbyn had any balls he would through his full weight behind Enough is Enough and launch a new working class party.

Village idiot, you say? ???

I genuinely don't know to whom you refer.

And the sooner Corbyn leaves Labour the better.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
It was the working class which abandoned Labour in droves when Corbyn was leader - in 2019, 48% of the working class voted Tory compared to 33% voting Labour. A lot of the most vitriolic comments about Corbyn's politics were from Red Wall voters who thought Corbyn was a terrorist-loving, unpatriotic, identity-politics, Commie.
Oh stop talking bullsh*t - Corbyn's LP got more votes than any other LP leader in 20 years.

England has always had one of the most 'conservative' working classes in the world (outside the Trumpian US).
More bullsh*t - it is not the English working class that is 'conservative' - it is the Labour Parties of the last 100 years. Why vote for the monkey when you can vote for the organ grinder.

The Tories know that they can repeatedly crap on the working class economically and let them languish on poverty wages, but still retain their support at election time by promising to 'get tough' on immigrants, law-and-order, welfare scroungers, and 'the Woke'. The proles lap it up.
And don't forget the disgraceful campaign of vilification against Corbyn - driven by the tories, the media and the Blairites in the LP.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Village idiot, you say? ???

I genuinely don't know to whom you refer.
There have been few more incompetent party leaders in British history than Keir Starmer - a little pretend posh-boy.

And the sooner Corbyn leaves Labour the better.
If only he had the bottle - the LP would vanish into the ether within a very short space of time if Corbyn launched a new left-wing working class party

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There have been few more incompetent party leaders in British history than Keir Starmer - a little pretend posh-boy.

If only he had the bottle - the LP would vanish into the ether within a very short space of time if Corbyn launched a new left-wing working class party

nice.PNG

Did you enjoy that?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
She will get better as she grows in confidence. She will be fine. Its whether she delivers on her promises or not. She doesn't have much time to convince the general public though. Let's give her our support

Promises of tax cuts for the rich are easy to deliver, deliver, deliver. I'm sure she will do exactly what she is told.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
My take, if anyone is interested, is that Starmer went easy for first PMQs.

Little or no point coming out all guns blazing, instead give the Government time to make more mistakes, then strike.

Otherwise it would have been just raking over hot coals of the old administration.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Promises of tax cuts for the rich are easy to deliver, deliver, deliver. I'm sure she will do exactly what she is told.

Agree. She has played to the pockets of the party faithful to win the leadership election and she will continue to do so.

As for Starmer, after the last three years of the buffoon that was Johnson, I still can't understand people putting personality over substance when it comes to the people that make decisions about our lives.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i reckon there wont be tax cuts expected. major cut pitched is the NI rise, which will be rebranded, as was due to, into a social tariff. without cuts in health and social care, there isnt budget wiggle room to cut that. some smoke and mirrors, Starmer will have an awkward time accusing her of not cutting taxes.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This was the exact moment when they realised they have a problem. They no longer have a PM who can be battled on whether he ate cake on his birthday or not. They have to try and win on policy now. Problem.

I must admit I find it odd to see people rooting for a far-right, almost National Front Conservative party. It doesn't strike me as the same party of Major or even Cameron, but I accept this extreme right position obviously resonates with a certain demographic. A demographic I would have associated more with a Burnley forum than Brighton but heyho.

Earning twice the national average? Three times? Four times? They still don't give a sh*t buddy. Not unless you can afford to drop a £100k donation. They're not fighting your corner and never will.

The fact you minimise Johnson's dismantling of standards in public office to 'eating cake at his birthday' is telling.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
As for Starmer, after the last three years of the buffoon that was Johnson, I still can't understand people putting personality over substance when it comes to the people that make decisions about our lives.

Completely agree. I'd take a 'boring' Gordon Brown over anyone on the front bench of the Conservates. They all seem like political lightweights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here