Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Self awareness isn't your forte is it?

i'd rather have a ****in danny about whats going on in the world as opposed to being self aware when dealing with munchers such as yerself kid....

you need to travel as much and as soon as you can , it really will help with your tunnel vision.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They're people on this thread who would vote for a man who refuses to disavow and condemn white supremacist groups. Let that sink in for a second.

Interesting post history ?!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There are people on this thread who would vote for a man who supported the IRA who murdered innocent British citizens. Let that sink in for a second.
Oh dear, he talked to the IRA, I believe that was some time after the British Government held clandestine talks with the IRA while Maggie was saying " We don't negotiate with terrorists"... Strangely the same woman who ordered the sinking of an Argentine ship causing the death of 323 sailors. Its a mixed up, muddled shook up world isn't it?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Oh dear, he talked to the IRA, I believe that was some time after the British Government held clandestine talks with the IRA while Maggie was saying " We don't negotiate with terrorists"... Strangely the same woman who ordered the sinking of an Argentine ship causing the death of 323 sailors. Its a mixed up, muddled shook up world isn't it?

looks mate , they were our penguins and thats that .........you can't keep dragging this irrelevant shit up .....Blair killed a lot more than Thatcher .

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
looks mate , they were our penguins and thats that .........you can't keep dragging this irrelevant shit up .....Blair killed a lot more than Thatcher .

Not excusing what Blair did for a second, but do you honestly think that the Tories wouldn't have gone to war with Iraq?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You might, but the rest of us use our brains.

i'm sorry pal but if you think that most western govts. aren't corrupt , with the aid of newscorp/murdoch press and that what they publish isn't lapped up by the brain dead majority then you deserve everything thats coming to you.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
i'd rather have a ****in danny about whats going on in the world as opposed to being self aware when dealing with munchers such as yerself kid....

you need to travel as much and as soon as you can , it really will help with your tunnel vision.

Man who gets all his information from the dark web and youtube tells others what's going on in the world.
And there's the 'I'm more experienced than you' again. Joker.

el punal

Only saw a few bits of the debate. Had to turn it off.

I just hope the US runs despite these clowns and not because of them. I know the UK does.

I have watched bits and pieces of this “debate”, it’s all I could stomach. Has it really come down to this, that the most powerful country in the world is ruled (I won’t describe it as presided) by a bullying ignoramus who is having a shouting match with an opponent who has all the credentials of the failed has-been.

America, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for allowing your country to degenerate into this morass of undignified excrement. Good God! Countries around the globe used to look up to you as a beacon, a guiding light in governance, the leader of the free world. Instead you have become a laughing stock, a target for mockery, an object of pity.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that all my posts have been interesting, or are you saying that there's something fishy about my posts? Or maybe something else altogether?

Joined Aug 2019 and only 3 posts, all about US politics. Bit odd, that is all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
very interesting segment on independent radio today ....Trump will owe the IRS at least 25 million in dodged taxes , Wesley Snipes done 3 years min for 800k tax avoidance , if Trump loses this election he's probably GAWN...!! for a long stretch ....ffs...?? how does this shit happen .

I heard he gets quite a lot of (permanent) immunity from prosecution as a reward for having been president. I read that this was his main reason for running for office. I may be wrong. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Just listening to a few soundbites from the presidential debate on the radio. Christ, Trump just kept interrupting, and replied to the Covid accusations with absurdity.

Then Biden gets ratty and abusive, as predicted. Wow. As others have said on this thread, America, what a disgrace.

Not all politicians are the same, though. Really, they aren't.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I heard he gets quite a lot of (permanent) immunity from prosecution as a reward for having been president. I read that this was his main reason for running for office. I may be wrong. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Just listening to a few soundbites from the presidential debate on the radio. Christ, Trump just kept interrupting, and replied to the Covid accusations with absurdity.

Then Biden gets ratty and abusive, as predicted. Wow. As others have said on this thread, America, what a disgrace.

No. They are not. But we seem to have entered a looking glass world where the shallower, more vacuous and openly self serving you are, the more people seem to be prepared to vote for you.

Here is a mature, impressive performance from a politician that has been widely declared 'unelectable':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO1o66Ti2bA

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not sure that's correct. Think he is immune from prosecution whilst president but not once he leaves the post. Some of the suggestions are that if Biden wins, Trump will immediately resign leaving Pence in charge until the inauguration and the reward for that will be that he will give Trump a pardon.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
Joined Aug 2019 and only 3 posts, all about US politics. Bit odd, that is all.

I use the forum to read match reports/ transfer news and the like. I live in the US so I feel US politics is a topic I can give a decent insight into. I have also just gotten a very dull job, so I may post more from now on!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure that's correct. Think he is immune from prosecution whilst president but not once he leaves the post. Some of the suggestions are that if Biden wins, Trump will immediately resign leaving Pence in charge until the inauguration and the reward for that will be that he will give Trump a pardon.

OK, sounds plausible.

I think you also posted (apols if it was someone else) that Trump has his fan base and needs to secure the more moderate voters. I don't buy that at all. Nobody who votes in the US can be unaware of what Trump does and says. He's not going to alienate his support unless he damages the economy. I think it is Biden who needs to ensure all people who might vote for his side do vote for his side. By showing that Biden can't shut Trump up, Trump stops Biden from looking good.

My guess is most American voters made up their minds a long time ago and won't be swayed. Trump would need to do a 'The day Kilroy went mad' before his chances suffered.

Unfortunately I can't find the Kilroy spoof clip from Jam. But this (entirely irrelevant, I admit) is bloody brilliant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF6cBf133rA

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Think he is immune from prosecution whilst president but not once he leaves the post.

This is an interesting question. There's nothing in the US constitution that says that a president is immune from prosecution. Indeed, when Nixon claimed this after Watergate, the Supreme Court unanimously decided that this was not the case (see US v Nixon)

However, current DoJ guidelines are that presidents can't be prosecuted. The attorney general could overturn that - but Bill Barr isn't likely to do it.

He doesn't have a clear run though. The guidelines are federal only so, in theory, a state prosecutor can bring charges against him

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
OK, sounds plausible.

I think you also posted (apols if it was someone else) that Trump has his fan base and needs to secure the more moderate voters. I don't buy that at all. Nobody who votes in the US can be unaware of what Trump does and says. He's not going to alienate his support unless he damages the economy. I think it is Biden who needs to ensure all people who might vote for his side do vote for his side. By showing that Biden can't shut Trump up, Trump stops Biden from looking good.

My guess is most American voters made up their minds a long time ago and won't be swayed. Trump would need to do a 'The day Kilroy went mad' before his chances suffered.

Unfortunately I can't find the Kilroy spoof clip from Jam. But this (entirely irrelevant, I admit) is bloody brilliant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF6cBf133rA

I believe it was a post of mine. What I was saying was that Trump's supporters will vote for him come what may, he doesn't need to win them over. To win the election he needs to win over more of the middle ground but according to polls he isn't doing this. Of course Biden also needs to win the middle ground to get him over the line and he is currently more successful than Trump at this, according to the report I posted.

Trumps performance last night has received criticism from all sides. It was a poor tactic but then again, he hasn't got much else to work with!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here