Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's had a Army major on there tonight talking about the hospitals they are building.

He asked him to give an update on the building of the wall....

Trump banging on about the "quality" of the wall.

He really is a grade A arse-hole, but we knew that.

Ye but Mexico is pleased about the wall now...keeps crazy Americans out

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well that's one slant!

Were ventilators delivered, yes or no?

Is this the original article you refer to as it clearly refers to ventilators, not the BiPAP OR CPAP that actually turned up!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/16/business/elon-musk-ventilators-coronavirus/index.html

Well it's not really a slant. Yes they were delivered.

Hospitals posted tweets saying they had received them and they were helping with the crisis.

I take their word over anyone else in this instance.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ironic that the only news channel I could find the orange shithead on live was Aljazeera.
That could be because Trump's own words damn him far more effectively than any propaganda made up elsewhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now about to ban all immigration to the USA via an Executive Order?

One quarter of the job done.
Next up ban foreign travel.
Build the wall.
Then finally
Put the roof on!

Sleepy Joe is making googly eyes at Michelle Obama for VP - Strong.

Mike Bloomberg spent $1.4bn to not win anything on his way to not becoming President,
Or to put that in context:-

3.5 times MORE than America gives to the WHO.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
One quarter of the job done.
Next up ban foreign travel.
Build the wall.
Then finally
Put the roof on!

Sleepy Joe is making googly eyes at Michelle Obama for VP - Strong.

Mike Bloomberg spent $1.4bn to not win anything on his way to not becoming President,
Or to put that in context:-

3.5 times MORE than America gives to the WHO.

A Biden/Obama team would finish Trump off.
Be great if she does but I’d respect her choice to not join the political shitstorm.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have you been watching TB tutorials on YouTube or something? What the frig has Biden got to do with Hiney's post??

See what you do is - in a a thread called Trump that is all about Donald Trump - whenever someone says something bad about Trump, you constantly derail by saying something totally unrelated that’s bad about someone else. It used to be Hilary. Now it’s Biden. It’ll be someone else next.

Whataboutery 101.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A Biden/Obama team would finish Trump off.
Be great if she does but I’d respect her choice to not join the political shitstorm.

I don't know enough about world politics, I'm no scholar of UK politics let alone US, but to me the similarities are so striking it makes me wonder if this phenomenon is global.

An outwardly decent person, with no first hand political clout, still appears to be a better candidate than the current leader, his deputy and the leader of the opposition.

Scary times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
See what you do is - in a a thread called Trump that is all about Donald Trump - whenever someone says something bad about Trump, you constantly derail by saying something totally unrelated that’s bad about someone else. It used to be Hilary. Now it’s Biden. It’ll be someone else next.

Whataboutery 101.

China.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Whataboutery 101.

Mods - I said it partly in jest but it does get ****ing annoying and boring. Can we look at thread bans for those who constantly derail? Make a Hilary thread or a Biden thread, rather than endlessly detailing this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mods - I said it partly in jest but it does get ****ing annoying and boring. Can we look at thread bans for those who constantly derail? Make a Hilary thread or a Biden thread, rather than endlessly detailing this one.

That's rather narrowing the field.

Hilary is the only reason we have a Trump thread.
&
This thread either going on for another Four More Years or transforms into a Biden one.

There's plenty of other serial Whataboutary themes that randomly pop up, which ought to be ignored.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and anyone care to guess how many postal votes were cast in 2016?

The voting system deemed at fraud by Orangeina.
The voting system used to Donny.
The voting system being rolled out across the country.
The voting system that won Donaldino the last election.
The voting system that is likely to be heavily leaned on in the Autumn.

50,000,000 votes cast.

Donald is already preparing the ground for his 'I will never concede' - concession speech.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's rather narrowing the field.

Hilary is the only reason we have a Trump thread.
&
This thread either going on for another Four More Years or transforms into a Biden one.

There's plenty of other serial Whataboutary themes that randomly pop up, which ought to be ignored.

Not really. The vast majority of posts/posters stick to the thread subject. Only about 2-3 endlessly derail the thread.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whataboutery is the resort of the low, and needs to be called out every time. Straight from the Soviet playbook.

I do wish people would create separate threads about Hillary C, Biden etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not really. The vast majority of posts/posters stick to the thread subject. Only about 2-3 endlessly derail the thread.

Oh I completely agree, I just don't think Hilary and Sleepy are that derailing.
Not when compared to 'yeah but what about China' and having an absolute hard on for CNN when nobody else really mentions it.
The bulk of American news reported on here focuses our attention on Trump's mouthpiece Fox (not) News, not unsurprising for a Trump thread.

It's all so predictable I could even write the rebuttable to that post!!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well it's not really a slant. Yes they were delivered.

Hospitals posted tweets saying they had received them and they were helping with the crisis.

I take their word over anyone else in this instance.

It is really hard to follow what you are saying here as you have provided no evidence , links or detail as to what your accusation consists of.

Could you please post links to

- the promises that Musk made

- The CNN article that claims he didn't deliver

- your evidence (from the hospitals) that he did deliver the things mentioned in the first link.

This discussion would have been cleared up pages ago had you provided the information that backs up your claim.

i find it ironic that you are so dismissive of CNN for not fact checking their stories when you are happy to post your stories with absolutely no evidence to back them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here