Trump

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As we all know now the FBI were aware that Trumps former Advisor Carter Page was a CIA asset but for reasons I don't understand ( I am sure you will though ) still accused him of being a Russian spy .

If Trump was working for Putin why did Russian not invade Ukraine when he was POTUS , as if they did then Trump would shirley have blocked milliary and financial aid being sent to the Ukrainians

I didn’t say any of that. I just said Trump supporters habitually undermine American state institutions as a way of denigrating opposition to their man. If you don’t accept the FBI as law enforcers or the courts and the law of the land as enacted by democratically elected politicians then what sort of society do you actually want ?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I didn’t say any of that. I just said Trump supporters habitually undermine American state institutions as a way of denigrating opposition to their man. If you don’t accept the FBI as law enforcers or the courts and the law of the land as enacted by democratically elected politicians then what sort of society do you actually want ?

I can understand why Trump Supporters in the US ( of which I am not one ) would distrust the FBI after their attempt to smear Trump by dubious means after the inquiry of the Croossfire Hurricane investigation

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pr...versight-of-crossfire-hurricane-investigation

“I consider the Crossfire Hurricane investigation a massive system failure by senior leadership, but not representative of the dedicated, hardworking patriots who protect our nation every day at Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Justice.

“As chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I have decided to release all transcripts of depositions involving the committee’s oversight of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. We have released as much material as possible, but some classified material has still been withheld.

“I appreciate all those who participated in the depositions and their candor. They have charted a path to allow us to reform the system.

“I believe that Crossfire Hurricane was one of the most incompetent and corrupt investigations in the history of the FBI and DOJ.

“The FISA court was lied to. Exculpatory information was withheld on those being investigated. The investigators, with some notable exceptions, were incredibly biased and used the powers of law enforcement for political purposes. The subjects of the investigation had their lives turned upside down. It is my hope that counterintelligence investigations will be reined in and this never happens again in America.

“The leadership of the FBI under Comey and McCabe was either grossly incompetent or they knowingly allowed tremendous misdeeds. There was a blind eye turned toward any explanation other than the Trump campaign was colluding with foreign powers. At every turn the FBI and DOJ ran stop signs that were in abundance regarding exculpatory information.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

One where Trump is president regardless of Biden winning the election.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Ultimately, special counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of collusion or conspiracy by Trump associates or the campaign with those Russians intervening in the election.

This always reminds me a bit of when FIFA found no evidence of Russia bribing delegates to get the World Cup after all the computers they'd used in the bid had conveniently been destroyed.

Mueller was quite specific about not exonerating the Trump campaign, and pointed out that there was evidence of witness tampering during the course of his investigation. He also publicly complained about Bill Barr's summary of his report as it didn't highlight the conclusions that he had drawn.

As with all things in America these days the 'narrative' is deemed more important than actual facts.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can understand why Trump Supporters in the US ( of which I am not one ) would distrust the FBI after their attempt to smear Trump by dubious means after the inquiry of the Croossfire Hurricane investigation

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pr...versight-of-crossfire-hurricane-investigation

“I consider the Crossfire Hurricane investigation a massive system failure by senior leadership, but not representative of the dedicated, hardworking patriots who protect our nation every day at Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Justice.

“As chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I have decided to release all transcripts of depositions involving the committee’s oversight of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. We have released as much material as possible, but some classified material has still been withheld.

“I appreciate all those who participated in the depositions and their candor. They have charted a path to allow us to reform the system.

“I believe that Crossfire Hurricane was one of the most incompetent and corrupt investigations in the history of the FBI and DOJ.

“The FISA court was lied to. Exculpatory information was withheld on those being investigated. The investigators, with some notable exceptions, were incredibly biased and used the powers of law enforcement for political purposes. The subjects of the investigation had their lives turned upside down. It is my hope that counterintelligence investigations will be reined in and this never happens again in America.

“The leadership of the FBI under Comey and McCabe was either grossly incompetent or they knowingly allowed tremendous misdeeds. There was a blind eye turned toward any explanation other than the Trump campaign was colluding with foreign powers. At every turn the FBI and DOJ ran stop signs that were in abundance regarding exculpatory information.

Top Whataboutism!

Let's get back to the ACTUAL story: if Trumpo had classified documents at his private residence – documents that should NOT, under any circumstances, have been removed from the WH, or official government buildings, then he's toast. It certainly looks like that is the case, especially if there was a mole/tip-off from someone.

I'm not sure what defence his fans/followers will come up with – no doubt some conspiracy theory nonsense that it was PLANTED there and he knew NOTHING about it :lolol:

Funny bloke :dunce:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Trump already bang on form with his "Truth" suggesting FBI planted evidence and his lawyers were stopped from witnessing search. Thing is, much like the election "fraud", once the seeds of doubt have been sowed, no amount of actual facts will get through to some people.

In the same "Truth" as the 'release it all now!' statement is the 'that must be planted otherwise why would I demand the evidence be released?'. Textbook.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Trump already bang on form with his "Truth" suggesting FBI planted evidence and his lawyers were stopped from witnessing search. Thing is, much like the election "fraud", once the seeds of doubt have been sowed, no amount of actual facts will get through to some people.

In the same "Truth" as the 'release it all now!' statement is the 'that must be planted otherwise why would I demand the evidence be released?'. Textbook.

And in fact, what Trump is "demanding" to be released is the details of the search warrant, which Trump was able to divulge himself, should he have so wished.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1558151356074139649[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Remember when Trump phoned the chap overseeing the Presidential vote in Georgia ? The call went " I need you to find me 11,000 votes, just say you miscalculated " ...if Americans hear that and are NOT outraged then they are not worth saving. That is the level that they Have sunk to, just as Tory members voting for the new leader often state they would STILL prefer Johnson as PM !

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This story is getting wild, Trump and the GOP tried to start some Obama document whataboutery, only to get instantly slapped down by the National Archive themselves.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
, just as Tory members voting for the new leader often state they would STILL prefer Johnson as PM !

Given the options that's not as farfetched as it should be.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The latest seems to be that Trump is now arguing that he 'declassified' the documents when he was president, so they were okay to remove. And that he would have handed them over at any time if the FBI had merely asked for them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But we still have a duplicitous, dangerous scumbag as our PM despite him being resigned by his party. And you can't say that we didn't have enough clues he'd be capable of the things he has done. But still the Tory members voted for him in their droves and lumbered the overwhelming majority of us with him. And then millions gave the vaccuus airhead a huge majority.

Now the same bunch of idiots are about to impose another vacuus airhead on us as our next PM.
It's not the same bunch of idiots, it's the opposite bunch of idiots. Tory party members will choose our next PM, but it was Labour party members that chose our last.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The latest seems to be that Trump is now arguing that he 'declassified' the documents when he was president, so they were okay to remove. And that he would have handed them over at any time if the FBI had merely asked for them.

Slightly awkward that the US President cannot declassify nuclear material under any circumstances.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

“As chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I have decided to release all transcripts of depositions involving the committee’s oversight of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.

You provided the quotation marks, but missed off the name of the committee chair you have quoted:

Lindsay Graham.

Will you also be providing quotes from Shaggy as evidence to support RikRok's denials of bathroom infidelity?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It's not the same bunch of idiots, it's the opposite bunch of idiots. Tory party members will choose our next PM, but it was Labour party members that chose our last.

Please explain - Labour Party members chose Boris Johnson? :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports